sundownz

Playing with Big Boy Monster 15"

yeah 151.9 tld sealed for 1 15 is nuts... cant wait til them electricals are up to par.. throw some crazy power to that thing.

this may already be answered but got any idea what final shippin weight will be on this bad boy if it makes it to production??

Around 95-100 pounds depending on packing used.

I think it would be cool if I could bass race 149.9 with my single 15, huh ? :)

Going to work on that.

Going to work on that.

I think it would be much more cool if I were the one bassracing with the single 15 ;) .. Darn i'm not even on Team Sundown yet, i'm still working on buying a car to compete :woot: .. After i pick up a car to build up, i'll be ready for a second 3000D.. Alternator already here, all i need is the car lol.

Going to work on that.

hmm u mentioned u peaking at 50hz soooooo may i suggest a song

jayz ft lil wayne- hello brooklyn

and

alkaholiks- mary jane

CIMG1237.JPG

* Coil still looks mint condition

CIMG1238.JPG

* Triple joint and tinsels leads also looking brand new. Brandon got a little carried away with the spider glue, will be much neater in production.

Oh yah... for those that missed the other thread. Did two back to back bass-race runs on the sub over the weekend with all four 1500s @ the burp volume :)

Video of one of the runs:

Looks awesome! That spider glue looks good, like super heavy duty. I think they should look like that in production. The "beast " is teh secks

Am I correct in saying you will be building these in the form of a base model, that way the customer can customize? With options, i.e. suspension, coil, cooling etc?

Am I correct in saying you will be building these in the form of a base model, that way the customer can customize? With options, i.e. suspension, coil, cooling etc?

I am debating whether to offer the 8-layer round coil at all as the 12-layer has been doing so well day to day.

So... if that is the case I will likely offer the option of D1 or D2 (maybe a 0.7 for SPL) and the number of spiders. The cooling method in the monster sub is built into the motor and cannot be taken out, so that is standard.

I am debating whether to offer the 8-layer round coil at all as the 12-layer has been doing so well day to day.

So... if that is the case I will likely offer the option of D1 or D2 (maybe a 0.7 for SPL) and the number of spiders. The cooling method in the monster sub is built into the motor and cannot be taken out, so that is standard.

You had mentioned in another post that you were contemplating a copper coil for this sub as well. Is this still a viable option?

You had mentioned in another post that you were contemplating a copper coil for this sub as well. Is this still a viable option?

Maybe you are thinking of the 8-layer round coil - it was also aluminum.

I have it in mind... but based on how well the 12-layer does, even daily, I may not need any other coil options.

Nice score! Now deaden that truck. :)

Nice score! Now deaden that truck. :)

Deadener would cost more than the vehicle *laughs*