sundownz

Playing with Big Boy Monster 15"

It is a 10" motor - I am getting most of the added BL from the coil.

thats a pretty high bl, should be able to take some mad power. good to know with those specs it still sounds great for daily

It has, literally, double the BL^2 / RE of the Nightshade D1 :)

Now, with the 12-layer flat coil it should be more than that.

the 12 layer is getting close to all out straight SPL.

looks like you have a new passion. lol

My ears are ringing a bit from driving home with it up really loud :)

Sounds like my kind of fun :drink40:

FTL !

After 10-15 burps over 145 during testing in my car I was acting like someone brainwashed me.

Got any pictures of this setup ? I'm going to start something in my Cherokee and want to get in the 150+ club :D

CIMG1175.JPG

* Same on the other side, the amp actually holds it down on top :)

CIMG1176.JPG

* Ghetto box in all its glory!

It needs alot of work :) We just put it all in as fast as possible to get a test bed for prototypes.

147.0 dB with four 1500s :)

So, it looks like we aren't running into any power compression at all yet - not even in the ghetto box.

I think we can easily get a 150 dB + out of it with a decent box!

I will put up a few pictures of the setup with four amps soon - talk about a wiring mess!

I'll have to straighten it out one of these days :) Good thing ugly is loud - as I've never seen a wire mess quite like this one *laughs*

hmmm hey jacob if u build a new box do 2.5cubes (after port and sub displcement)with 90square inches of port tuned to 45hz

u should see some good results..oh sub up port back or sub up port on the side playing in to the wheel well area

mee waaannttss *like kid in toystore*

shouldnt be a big prob at all doing a 150+ in a decent box imo

Sick thing it sounds good playing music. the 147 was legal on TL@ 4/6 on the windshield with high humidity and warm temps ,altitude is around 1360ft asl(it was raining all day). It will do a 150 db,new box, fall day ,lower elevation , bracing crew and some ear plugs to boot;)

CIMG1177.JPG

* Now THIS is a CLEAN install :)

CIMG1178.JPG

* I bet you guys want to know what those little amps are, don't you ? Not telling!

In SPL... ugly is loud! :)

If I decide to make this my full-time test bed vehicle (quite likely) I will build a rack for the amps and batteries and neaten all that stuff up. For now, it is a race to break 150 dB. I think our first box actually built for the Jeep will do it too :) Will keep you guys updated once we build the new box.

If I find that the sub has more mechanical travel remaining I will eventually try burping four 3000Ds on it. It may require an even harder spider setup for that, though, but we will see once we cut the box volume in half and get tuned closer to the peak!

So the just I am getting here is this thing is looking like its going to do numbers in the 99z and SHW area! Correct?

So the just I am getting here is this thing is looking like its going to do numbers in the 99z and SHW area! Correct?

Well - we'll see anyway. I'm not making any claims on it yet.

The coil we are using now is the "daily" coil as well. We have an SPL coil that will be tested once we find the limits of this coil and blow the sub up :)

Well - we'll see anyway. I'm not making any claims on it yet.

The coil we are using now is the "daily" coil as well. We have an SPL coil that will be tested once we find the limits of this coil and blow the sub up :)

That is freekin' awesome, I am very excited about the progress so far, it looks like it will be a real contender either way.

Looks like a big ball of snakes back there. But hey, as long as it gets the job done, that's all that matters. If those are the amps I think they are, they are incredibly small. You can barely see them.

Edited by bigbruno

I mean what I say - if I say the wiring is a mess it is *laughs*

... but it's not as messed up as YOUR FACE :)