sundownz

Playing with Big Boy Monster 15"

Looks like a big ball of snakes back there. But hey, as long as it gets the job done, that's all that matters. If those are the amps I think they are, they are incredibly small. You can barely see them.

We want to build a rack for the amps - until then neatening the wires will be a waste :)

I'm not sure what amps you are thinking of, these are prototypes that we may produce after further testing. So far they have not been an ounce of trouble.

Looks like a big ball of snakes back there. But hey, as long as it gets the job done, that's all that matters. If those are the amps I think they are, they are incredibly small. You can barely see them.

We want to build a rack for the amps - until then neatening the wires will be a waste :)

I'm not sure what amps you are thinking of, these are prototypes that we may produce after further testing. So far they have not been an ounce of trouble.

I was kinda thinking they might possibly be the prototypes THE are in your signature :D

i have a request. test the spl coil on 220 volts. 50 hz. or was it 60 fing05.gif

hey jacob,ive got a 97 jeep and it love the 50 to 55 hrz. range.ive tryed going down but my best numbers are at 50 to 55.just thought id try to help you out.i think youve seen my setup,subs up ports back,but ive got something good instore for finals this year.ill send you pictures.good luck with the sub and i really wanna see a video.

what are those small silver box's...??????

Flight recorders ;)

50.2 prototypes

Indeed :)

Not sure exactly what I'd call them if released... but they are good for about 50x2 @ 4 ohms, if not a bit more.

They are running front and rear components in the Jeep.

Flight recorders ;)

ya aircrafts got the blackbox.

so jacob was like we need a silverbox :drink40:

I'll meter it today most likely - it sounds louder than before, I can tell it is much peakier to the ear.

149.5 dB right off the bat @ 53 Hz.

My alternator is pretty sad so it starting dropping after that.

Had to pull the CD player out of the dash and hold it to register that :)

Nice. Surprised you went with that style port instead of an aero.

If I can re-organize the vehicle and get fully external aero-ports I'll try them.

---

Found another reason for it to be dropping off - our spring loaded terminals were loose as heck. We tightened them up and put CA glue on the nuts so it won't happen again. Sub is holding up just fine - no signs of physical or thermal stress. We aren't sure when the terminals got loose - so the score may be higher. We will meter again soon and see what it does after I get the box secured - it is dancing around alot now :)

wow 149.5 .....geez....that insane

wow 149.5 .....geez....that insane

Box is also only single thickness :)

I am going to meter it each time I add a layer to each face to see what kind of gains are made - as a sort of reference for myself and others.

I think the top layer will probably end up being three layers - that will give the cooling vents in the motor more room to breathe and better air flow around the magnet structure in general.

---

The head-unit is holding us back too. I have to roll the volume up and there is only so fast I can get it to full (no pause) so I am draining current as I go. It is not exactly a high end unit either so I imagine the RCA voltage is pretty poor.