ronrico418

JoeRod's 34 10's Loaded Horn

OLD SKOOL 1992

Here are some long awaited pics for the first time available on the world wide web and brought to you exclusively by

SSA

A lot of people have asked me why I didn't have pics of my truck and I humorously tried to explain to them had we had the internet "back then" I would have pics saved everywhere. Hard to believe the internet was virtually non-existent 16 years ago. Thanks to my good friend of 20 yrs and head installer on the MTX Blue Thunder project "Camaro Joe" Moreira was able to find some old pics still in existance of some of the personally best times of my life.

• 1991 Chevy S10 Tahoe
  • Enclosure - Folded/Loaded horn (12 10s folded 22 10s loaded on the horn flares)
  • Box designed by Jeff Blair of Audiomotion in Altamonte Springs (built 3 record holder enclosures)
  • Jeff also custom built a digital time alignment system for this enclosure
  • 156.7db sustained on B&K
  • 34 MTX Blue Thunder 10s
  • 14 MTX 2100 High Current Class A/B amps which had the old skool PPI boards
  • 2 8's in each door
  • Mids and highs were located in the old door handle location and the stock location on dash
  • 6 group 31 batteries
  • Custom made 18 volt variable Ford Alternator with 6 50 amp diodes mounted externally between rectifiers with 2 fans in a plexi-glass housing. (You couldn't just buy a HO alt. in 1992) :ready2go:

The Saturday of Daytona Spring Break Nationals 1992 March 20 was the first time we heard "Blue Thunder" after 30 days of installation around the clock by 3 men. First song played was Billy Idol's Charmed Life Album Track #3 Prodigal Blues. (Most systems are incapable of playing all the notes on this particular song equally) The Horn enclosure played all the notes. Subs have come so far in the last 10 years. Blue Thunder was a WINDOW FLEXIN' wind machine that could still play the "upper" notes and would give that really hurt feeling in your chest while crystal clear. At last years SBN I finally heard something I bow to. Pipo's 16 Ascendant 12s blew me away. I wonder what we could have done with 4-5 times the power similar to what Pipo has???

Head Installer "Camaro Joe" Moreira

Installer Eddie "the meter man" Gonzalez

Enclosure designed by Jeff Blair built by me ...Joe Rod Riguez (owner)

09-08-2008100534AM.jpg

09-08-2008100626AM.jpg

09-08-2008100714AM.jpg

09-08-2008100822AM.jpg

09-08-2008101306AM.jpg

09-08-2008101206AM.jpg

09-08-2008101111AM.jpg

09-08-2008101008AM.jpg

09-08-2008100911AM.jpg

In the WORKS????

• 12 Havoc 18s
  • 6 Sundown 3Ks
  • 12 16 volt Kinetik Batts

Edited by 418FIs

sweet old pics!!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

"Camaro Joe" Moreira has been my friend for over 20 years. He is an absolutely amazing installer. He seems to get better with every single install by leaps and bounds. The current reigning iSQC Champion he is the solo installer of Eddie DeJesus' DLS Chevy S10 which is the Richard Clark Grand National of today being owned by a private individual on a budget and winning against Manufacturer vehicles with unlimited resources.

We are talking about doing an Alma style vehicle that can win SQ and BassRace with 12 18s in a LOADED HORN using either Fi or Ascendant and having around 20,000 watts on bass using either Sundown or Rockford amplification. Our goal will be multiple shows shooting for 1st place in SQ and BassRace. Why not have the best of both worlds.

I have a pair of those MTX 10's. :)

dude thats awsome, ive been wanting to see this for a while. looks sicks tho wish i would have been around then to hear it :P

dude thats awsome, ive been wanting to see this for a while. looks sicks tho wish i would have been around then to hear it :P

Yeah thats cool Jonathon I wish you were there too but that would have made you old like me. That's okay though as long as you stay young at heart like me. Car Audio will help with that. hehe JoeRod

sweet old pics!!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Slayer ...I like that...yep these pic are OLD