rybruce33

? about best enclosure size for my 15" btl

I recently purchased a 15"btl and a fosgate 1000bd amp. I own a 05 denali so I have alot of room for a box. How many cubic feet should I go with and tuned to how many hz?? I want it to knock but sound great as well...

Thanks. I have never owned such a powerful sub/ system. I have been reading bout all this big 3 and alternator stuff. If I'm only running one sub and only 1000watts do I even have to do that?

It will help quite a bit. Stock charging systems don't allow to much room for adding on accessories.

I was told by fi audio that 1000watts isn't enough to run that sub. They said that it would make the amp try to give out too much power and burn up the coil. Is that true??

I was told by fi audio that 1000watts isn't enough to run that sub. They said that it would make the amp try to give out too much power and burn up the coil. Is that true??

Well, what you said isn't true, but I know what they said to you and it's right :)

from what i`ve read, that sub can chew up 3000rms easily. your definatly going to need another amp to strap or get a bigger amp. you can always try to build a massive box(like 7 cubic feet) and see how it sounds with the 1000rms amp.

That's not enough power first of all, odds are you are going to clip the amp really bad in order to try to get output out of the sub...and in turn end up burning the coil up.

Thats what they sent me... Will this happen for sure?

yea i know. Actually im an idiot i have the FI BL's!!! a 1000bd is plenty to run these correct???

should be fine but ulll prob be better of with a T1500BD or a something like a saz-1500

my0.02 cents based on word of mouth