Pezzaboi

My Future Set-up (I Hope)

Firstly I must say this is the best forum I have come across and has helped me by far the most! from NOOB! to beginner I'd say "D

So, I like my bass, well what i have of it. Just a Panasonic mini-system in my room that can push 450 watts max with sub.

I believe I'm looking for an SQ set-up, to me I'm sure 1000 watts RMS will still get loud sealed, maybe not to you maniacs pushing 3000d's n chit!

So to me... This "Should" work well ? :S

1) Fi Q 12" ( Dual 1 or 2)?

2) 1-1.5ft Sealed ( Advise for size or difference between 1 and 1.5 )

3) Sundown SAE-1000d or RF P1000BD (Don't Know which is best)

4) Speakers to replace stock - ALPINE-SPR-17S Comps

5) Need an amp to run them (Undecided)

6) Some chitty 6x9's to run of HU 50 watt ones cuz they suck anyway. Get like 20 watts to em?

7) STOCK ELECS???? :S Don't really want to go into all that, maybe the big 3 if I have to (Hope to leave it though)

Please leave any comments about anything at all and all preivous experience with such items and your personal likes and dislikes!

Thanks alot all i'll get back pretty quick!

Pez

I think what you're looking for is something to get pretty loud, but not sound like absolute crap. First off, what is your budget?

Don't really have a budget Tbh mate, I can save up pretty good with no money going out at all atm, just started my apprenticeship!

But I don't want to go crazy with money, that's about 700-800 quid already!

Any thoughts peeps

I don't understand some of your english... tbh? quid?

Is this going in a vehicle or your room? If in your room, why such a small box?

In my car, Quid means pound sorry

Recommended is 1 to 1.5 ft but i wouldn't know the difference not having any experience

sorry pez

Anyone know why all post come up in a little box underneath "Posts in this topic" and doesn't just show them all...

Can't remember changing any settings

Edited by Pezzaboi

1) Fi Q 12" ( Dual 1 or 2)?

-d2

2) 1-1.5ft Sealed ( Advise for size or difference between 1 and 1.5 )

-I built mine to 1.2 when I had my Q....I liked it.

3) Sundown SAE-1000d or RF P1000BD (Don't Know which is best)

-I'd go with sundown.

4) Speakers to replace stock - ALPINE-SPR-17S Comps

-Check out Hybird Audio on these forums. I've heard nothing bad about them!

5) Need an amp to run them (Undecided)

-i'd pick up a sundown 100.2 if you want to run passive

6) Some chitty 6x9's to run of HU 50 watt ones cuz they suck anyway. Get like 20 watts to em?

-I assume this is rear fill. In which case, I would just ditch those and spend the money on a nice set of front speakers.

so i would just leave stock speakers in? the rear or what i not looked into it that much

I'm going to have a look at hybrid now buddy, and running passive, could you briefly explain this to me then i can go research it in greater detail

Thanks alot

Pez

go look in the speakers/subwoofer section, they just explained the difference to another guy between passive and active, i had to look myself! =-)

I would disconnect the rears completely. Active the signal is processed before amplification. Passive the signal is processed after amplification. If you want to run a tweeter and mid in each door (4 total speakers) you need for channels of amplification for active. Passive you will only need two.

If you run it passively, yes. Actively you would want a 4 channel amp. (100.4?)

I have a new set up now...

After seeing my friends 15" JL sub I loved it, 12 looks big but then 15 looks massive 8],

hows this sound:

1) Fi Q 15" Dual 1

2) 2 Ft. sealed

3) Sundown SAE-1000d

4) ALPINE-SPR-17C Coaxials

5) Looking for a 100.4 amp (interested in the JBL-GTO-1004e TBH)

Views on this?

Thanks

Not really a fan of the coaxials.

Also, I'd include sound deadening in the budget somewhere :)

Yes well i'd like comps but.. there alot harder to install and cost a bit more!

coaxials are bound to be a bit better than stocks so, they'll do for now. if im not happy, who knows what the future has to offer :).

And Dual 2 will wire down to 1 ohm :D ? thanks buddy,

k im 75% there then. few bits here and there.

what wire comes with sub?

pez

Hey man,

Running active normally gives you more flexability and sound a lot better but cost a fair bit more.

if you want to keep things clean try to stick to the same line of amps. Personally id go with the sundown but to be honest the RF isnt a bad choice.

The Q i never tried before but they say it takes a while to run in but once its there its very nice and hit the lows nicely. If you like loud and clean considder porting your box and tuning low id think maybe 30 Hz should work nicely for you.

as for upper freq speakers id avoid the alpines unless u get those made by scanspeak(love)

stock electrical should work just fine for you but keep you eyes on that volt meter. you will also need 0/1(the size of my thumb and the size of your willy) cable from the bat to your trunk(distrubution block) and split it from there to ur amps. Any thing you add to elec from here will be a bonus.

now you can go and impress those Essex-Girls

have fun dude ......and we want to see pics :)

LOL! do you want pics of my willy next to the cable aswell :P?

yeh im still deciding on passive or active,

i realize the differences, active will sound better, use 2 channels where as passive will sound worse (than active) and use 4 channels, so i would save 120 pound on the amp. but it's just more difficult to install. being a noob begginer.

i've heard hybrid audio is good!

Would you recommend a mid bass and tweeter per front door?

setting up the crossovers, this hard?

You keep using the word loud, perhaps a BL is a better choice. That or an ICON in a ported enclosure.

Buy components, not coaxials. Don't waste ANY money on the rears, it is just flat out a bad idea. I don't think running active is for you, stick with passives for now. And do not leave out the sound deadening, the install is MORE important than the equipment choices.

Nah i want to get sealed with a Q, my friend has a 15" JL audio (500 Watts) and that got loud enough (sealed)

So 1000 Q should be fine thanks, dont wanna waste room on ported, clean sealed will do.

I don't understand about rear speakers, surely they are going improve the system!? even cheap ones. (people in the back will only hear bass?)

i'll look into deadening.

is it easy to set up passive? active just seems simple

(people in the back will only hear bass?)
Not if it's set up properly :)
is it easy to set up passive?

Other than basic installation and maybe a tweeter attenuation selection, it's pre-set. Aiming is the big variable that's left.

So setting "crossovers" is it? where you set the hz each speaker receives, should be pre set?

if so thats alot easier for me!

tweeter and mid woofer?

So setting "crossovers" is it? where you set the hz each speaker receives, should be pre set?
In a passive crossover, it's pre-set, yes.
tweeter and mid woofer?

I don't know what you're asking here, but yeah, most passive sets are 2-way :) There are a few 3-ways out there, but I wouldn't bother with them.