rybruce33

?'s bout my 15"bl in my truck

So I just finished making my box its 5.0 cubic ft after displacement. I have 0 guage coming on monday but I am currently running 4 guage and don't have my extra battery and big 3 done yet. I am playing my sub and playing it reasonably loud. Will this be fine if I play it for a week till I get the 0 guage and the extra battery wired up??? I have an 05 denali and my lights are dimming when stereo is turned up.

work on that 0 gauge.. .aslso the big three should fix that dimming.

but you offered info on the sub you are using.... but it is not the sub that makes the light dim... its the amp.

yea I know its the amp. I will be getting a deep cell battery and 0 guage monday so I will get the wiring done next week. U think I'll be fine without a ho alternator??? I would rather not upgrade if I dont have to. I'm only pushing it with a fosgate 1000bd... its running at 1.4 ohm

i think your OEM alt is 135 amp... i think it will be fine....

your gonna add another cell... or your gonna replace your under hood.

yea I know its the amp. I will be getting a deep cell battery and 0 guage monday so I will get the wiring done next week. U think I'll be fine without a ho alternator??? I would rather not upgrade if I dont have to. I'm only pushing it with a fosgate 1000bd... its running at 1.4 ohm

you should be fine man, im running a 85 amp alt and stock bat pushing around 1200 RMS for the time being no issue's(except for extended tone burst) the big 3 gave me a more stable voltage and a 0.3volt increase in voltage under load. the car is still new and the metal is still fresh; they told me no need to reinvorce my grounding...boy were they wrong.

btw remember to fuse that cable from your alt to your bat. a few inches from you bat will be best and for your system I think a 100-150 ANL fuse should do the trick.

I was gonna add another cell. I would rather put a yellowtop under the hood. Which u think will be beter??

Yea I actually ordered a 300 amp fuse so I should be fine

The fuse doesn't have anything to do with your electrical problem.

a good way to know for sure is to check your volts at the battery with a voltmeter, if you see your voltage is dipping too low you know that you need to further improve your cars electrical system. you can pick up a voltmeter real cheap at your local hardware store for probably around 15$.

yes thats a good plan... and you still have dimming after you do the big three and a second cell... then upgread the underhood cell....

you will need two fuses... one leaving the front cell... and one in the read BEFORE the rear cell... so if anything goes wrong in the middle it is tripped

I only have my gain like a 1/4 of the way up and maybe a little less on the hz. If i turn up the gain that sub should be able to handle it easily right? If I turn it up to high it seems like its a little distorted so I don't wanna blow it. But this is my first really nice sub. Best thing I had before was some middle class memphis subs...

My box is tuned to Fi's recommendations for I believe it was 32 hz or 35hz can't remember. Is that what I should set my amp to??

Again I have a fosgate 1000bd

I have to have a fuse between the alternator and the battery as well right? I just wanna make sure its done right. Cause the stereo shop first of all doesn't carry 0 guage and they sell jl w13's so I thought that was retarded. Needless to say it makes me a little scared for them to run my 0 guage so I wanna make sure I have it written down for them to look at or atleast know everything so I can tell them. I would run it myself but 0 guage seems way too big to fit inside and I don't wanna mess with it.

When you say "set your hz" are you referring to your subsonic filter?

I think so. Its the crossover frequency. It says nothing bout subsonic filter... And what does the infrasonic filter do. Keep in mind that I have a stock deck cause my truck has navi in it. And it plays pretty loud with that so I would rather not change it. Less for people to steal