Okay, my table saw is broken and I am not trusting the old circular saw and straight edge. I need a box that will be 100% square with not a gap or anything. I will be lining it with Plexi mirror and a plexi baffle. I would also like it made out of 1" with 2 strategically placed braces. Who can handle this? I'll provide all dimensions and cut sheet, so no designing will be necessary, neither will a baffle be. Just 5 meticulously cut pieces of wood, unassembled and unfinished, unless it would be easier to ship assembled. Any takers?

I'd only charge you for the wood and shipping, no labor, but you're waaaaay to far away :P

- Steve

i'd have to order one inch..and u don't wanna know the price...

but just outa curiousity...how big are the pieces? i happen to know of a secret stock of 1" in smaller pieces...

don't matter how u send me the cut sheet..here, pm or email..u know how to get ahold of me...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i'd have to order one inch..and u don't wanna know the price...

but just outa curiousity...how big are the pieces? i happen to know of a secret stock of 1" in smaller pieces...

don't matter how u send me the cut sheet..here, pm or email..u know how to get ahold of me...

I haven't measured anything yet, but it won't be too big. It's gonna go in the trunk of the Cobra and I know you know how little room there is available in there. I'll get started on it tomorrow.

I haven't measured anything yet, but it won't be too big.  It's gonna go in the trunk of the Cobra and I know you know how little room there is available in there.  I'll get started on it tomorrow.

yeah..uh...damn..why a mustang???

12"tall x32"long x 14"deep is the last mustang box i built.....remember this one

I haven't measured anything yet, but it won't be too big.

I haven't measured anything yet, but it won't be too big.

oh and i would be the best here :woot:   :woot:

:slayer:   :slayer:

Then why haven't you done what I've asked and shipped in a timely manner. I Mean come on, with your skills you could have had this done by the time you finished reading the post. :lol:

I don't care who does it. I've seen pretty much everyone's work here so I know you all are good. ;)

oh and i would be the best here :woot:

You guys find me some MDF yet? I may be leaving sooner than expected.

You guys find me some MDF yet?  I may be leaving sooner than expected.

i'll know tomorrow...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Sweet! Give me a price! :D

You have the capabilities to cut acrylic?

Sweet!  Give me a price!  :D

You have the capabilities to cut acrylic?

i wil after i find out...

how thick of acrylic? all u need is a table saw or jig saw...at least that's what we used in the sign business :lol2:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

1/8" I used a FINE tooth blade on my table saw and it worked brilliantly. Just not trusting the old circular saw for the precision I need on this. I found a nice little place on Ebay to order it from and they have a laser cutter, but I don't even want to know what that is going to cost.

Ordered by baffle today. $153 for a freaking 32"x48" piece. $HIT!

how big of a piece of acrylic?

i'll let ya know on the mdf tomorrow..

I'll need all the pieces of mirror cut to fit inside the enclosure walls once assembled. This is really starting to tick me off. Damn Craftsman. Spend $800 on a freaking table saw and they won't even warranty it. Bastids!

Just a note Kent, i may have some new measurements. Might add a little height.

ok..if the mdf i'm going to look at tomorrow isn't at least 16" x 48"....i won't be able to do it..but if they are..i'll hit ya with a pm or something..

the acrylic is going to be the mirrors?? now i'm confused...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:slayer:

Okay, the dims I gave you were for the actual MDF which will make up the 5 enclosure wall excluding the baffle. The baffle will be made with 1" CLEAR acrylic, which I will have pre-cut for the enclosure and driver. The other MIRROR acrylic that comes into play will be lining the inside of the enclosure. Here you see where I run into a problem again with my table saw in disarray. I absolutely NEED the precision cuts it can offer versus the circular saw/guide combo.

Get it now? :sadwavey::P

As far as the wood goes, if need be, I CAN order it and have it shipped to you. Not a big deal. I wasn't aware the availability of 1" mdf was so scarce. Either way, we can keep each other informed and get this done before I leave for SC.

I have a ton of projects on the horizon and the unfortunate part about this is have to rely on others to do what I normally do myself. Good part about that is, I know I'm getting my money's worth and I have awesome people helping me, so a big :smileysex: to you!

assuming i can get the mdf, do u want the ends to be capped all the way around or does it matter as long as i get the dimensions u need?

do u wnat it cut so that the acrylic caps all edges?

mirrored acrylic..hmmm....if i can locate some, i'll shot ya the price..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I have a ton of projects on the horizon and the unfortunate part about this is have to rely on others to do what I normally do myself.  Good part about that is, I know I'm getting my money's worth and I have awesome people helping me, so a big  :smileysex: to you!

dude..we got ur back.. :+1::hyper::woot:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I will order the acrylic and have it shipped to you if you want. If not, I will just get it and have it cut here. You don't have to worry about that. As far as the capping goes, I guess it's my turn to play dumb as I do not fully understand what you are saying. The mirror will simply be place within the enclosures interior covering all bare wood. It will look as if the enclosure is actually made of mirror on the inside. If by capping you mean butting all joints end to end, then yes.

by "capping" i meant what ends to u want overlapping what ends?

i've got it figured out for the most part....teh 1" acrylic ur having done...all i've got to worry about is 1" mdf cut as follows

2 pcs @ 13" x 32"--- top & bottom

1 pcs @ 13 1/2"x 32"--- back

2 pcs @ 11 1/2" x 13"--- sides

if i can get the acrylic mirror and assuming 1/4" thickness (add 1/4" to the length of the t,b and b, add 1/8" to depth of t and b,if the acrylic is 1/8" thick except sides which will remain the same)

2 pcs @ 12 3/4" x 29 1/2"--- top & bottom

1 pcs @ 11 1/2" x 29 1/2"--- back

2 pcs @ 11 1/2" x 13"--- sides

check those and make sure they are correct....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: