Sign in to follow this  
Godsmack

Upper Body Work outs

Ok guys with my messed up knee I am restricted to gym pt.

I need some upperbody workouts that don't depend alot on the legs for stabilization and can be done with a leg immobilizer that goes from mid calf to lower theigh. The immobilizer also has steel rods up the back side of my leg that prevents me from bending it.

Any help would be appriciated.

J

I am gonna start going Monday..........The Vicodin to keep the edge off has been making me tired as fuck.

I think I can use alot of the nautilus machines too

I am gonna start going Monday..........The Vicodin to keep the edge off has been making me tired as fudge.

I think I can use alot of the nautilus machines too

Any push or pull exercise...

Push ups

Pull ups

Cable work - push, pull, you name it

Bent over row

Overhead barbell or dumbell work

I could name 50 exercises....

You don't get stronger using Nautilus machines, you just get imbalanced strength.

If there is someone to help you, try free weight press and put your legs up. That helps keep your back flat and forces you to use more of your upper body to balance the weight and not your legs.

I'd suggest a light bench press. One light enough where you aren't using your legs at all obviously. Also like FoxPro said doing body weight exercises. (pull ups and pushups)

I use to powerlift in AAU competitions. Home gyms are just good for toning and stretching. Dont expect to actually gain muscle mass or get stronger. U need free weights for that. When doing bench press, do more inclined benching. It gets more of the top pecks and shoulders into play. If ur doing a standard bench (laying flat); Take ur legs completly off the floor and have them up crossed like u would do a crunch. Doing benches like that takes any cheating out the window. It forces u to use ur abs to keep u stable and balanced. It also helps keep ur back straight which is very important because alot of people have a tendency to cheat and curl their back. And when doing any type of bench try to keep ur hands lil wider than ur shoulders. This will put more of the weight on ur targeted area which is the chest and shoulders. doing benches and pushups close grip is more of a tricep workout than a chest and shoulder which is why u wanna do then a lil wider than usual. 1 exercise that I use to use which helped me in sports alot is the jerk and cling. It uses every muscle in ur body in 1 motion. Its a explosive exercise which takes technique and coordination. but always have a spotter when doing heavy workouts. Never workout alone unless ur doing tone work.

Dips, low row, shoulder press, overhead extensions, seated curls, pull ups, bench presses with legs crossed as said above....those are some of the exercises I was limited to when I had my knee surgery a few years back. They didn't really bother my knee at all.

Check the date buddy, two years ago.

Eh shit happens man.

Blew it out a few times. Some simple some more complex. I have whats called pateller femoral syndrom. Basically my knee is fucked and they cant fix it.