rybruce33

Is one battery (yellow top) enough for my 15" bl

Recently bought a 15" bl and a fosgate 1000bd and am getting the big 3 done on thursday. Is one battery enough if its a yellow top?? Or should I just keep my regular battery and add a second cell in back. I would rather just have the one but not if its not gonna be good enough... Please help

I've got my T10001bd on stock alt, Autocraft Titanium batt, and Big 3...

Full tilt @ idle never drops below mid 13's. Drivin it never goes below 14.3 or so.

You should be good, depending on your alt size...

How many amps does your alternator put out?

How often do you play your stereo loud w/ the car off?

160 amps. The alterntor is plenty strong. I dont have the new battery or 0 guage in yet and it blew fuses when playing loud. but when i get that 0 guage and battery on thursday I think i'll be ok. Just wanted to make sure I didnt need a second cell for the back...

I like it pretty loud though

I have my stock deck in cause it has navi my other problem is I wanna be able to turn my gain up so it can bang more but the problem is that when I turn the volume down the bass is overpowering since I don't have a low pass filter on my deck. Is there anything I can do to change that??

I wanna be able to turn my gain up so it can bang more

:huh:

That's not what the gain does, or is for.

well when I turn it up the sub bangs more... what does it do exactly then?

The gain control is simply to match the head unit's preout voltage and the amplifier's input level. Given the proper preout voltage, the amp will produce the same amount of power no matter where the gain knob is set. The only thing you're doing is potentially sending the sub a clipped signal.

1. turn gain all the way down

2. turn radio up to about 75%

3. slowly raise gain till the sub starts clipping

4. then back off of the gain until the clipping stops

1. turn gain all the way down

2. turn radio up to about 75%

3. slowly raise gain till the sub starts clipping

4. then back off of the gain until the clipping stops

Im new to this stuff how do i know when its clipping? lol sorry if thats a dumb question

it's kinda hard to describe. It will sound like the subwoofer is bottoming out and the bass won't be clean or normal

What about the crossover frequency?? How do u know where to set that?? My box is tuned to 32hz... Does that mean I want it to be set at that???

What about the crossover frequency?? How do u know where to set that?? My box is tuned to 32hz... Does that mean I want it to be set at that???

NO, that's roughly where your subsonic filter should be set to. Your crossover should be set at somewhere between 50 and 80 hertz, depending on what the rest of your setup is like. If you have a weak midbass, then 80 hertz. If your midbass is very strong, you could set it at around 50 hertz. Me personally, I like mine set at around 70-80 hertz for pleanty of fill.