numatik

(2) T40001bd ... which subs should I run?

hey guys,

Just put in my request at work for my rockford fosgate accomodation. Im picking up 2 t40001bds. I have a 2003 chevy s10 ext cab, bagged and bodydropped. I already have 4 kinetik 2400s, over 130ft of 1/0 with 6 runs from the front to the back, and a new alt coming soon (currently have a 160a, which is obviously not enough)

I cant decide what subs i wanna run! i have roughly 8 cubes to play with, so i was thinking a pair of 15s. maybe btls, or level 5 dcs, or maybe t3 tsns. i dont know! its gonna be for a daily, and i want this thing loud as hell. I used to have 2 btl 18s in it in a huge box that went to the top of the window, and i hated driving it like that. so far the highest number iv hit on the meter was a 147.0 and i want 150s!!! every day when i sit and think about it i keep changing my mind. first i was thinking 4 12s, then realized i probably dont have the space, then maybe doing 3 12s, then today at work we were talking about a pair of 15s. what do you guys think?

i think you had 2 18 btls in a small ass cab and hit 147, fail

i think you had 2 18 btls in a small ass cab and hit 147, fail

it was just a bad build in general. 2 saz-1500ds underpowering them, to much port, and bad placement of the port. also electrical was lacking

DSCF0304.jpg

DSCF0286.jpg

this time around im trying to do it right. any ideas to help me out man?

i had 1 18 and 2 15s in my extreme. the 2 worked out great... so did the 18.... i know all about the space in an s10 lol hows about 2 15s subs up port drivers up.(for numbers and good daily) or just straight wall 2 15s..... i had subs up port up and it worker fine. my box was 48inches wide, 27inches high and 16 inches deep. plenty of room left. but since you got 2 huge amps and gonna need some space for batts idk. i have a bedcover so im putting all my amps and batts in the bed.

i had 1 18 and 2 15s in my extreme. the 2 worked out great... so did the 18.... i know all about the space in an s10 lol hows about 2 15s subs up port drivers up.(for numbers and good daily) or just straight wall 2 15s..... i had subs up port up and it worker fine. my box was 48inches wide, 27inches high and 16 inches deep. plenty of room left. but since you got 2 huge amps and gonna need some space for batts idk. i have a bedcover so im putting all my amps and batts in the bed.

thats sweet

i dont have room in the bed for the amps, i already have a 21 gallon fuel cell, the 4 2400s, 2 5 gallon air tanks and all my valves. also im in the process of a dump bed.

i was thinking about doing both 15s up and port up, but then i dont have room for amps. now im wondering if i could fire the woofers forward, port fired into the 3rd door, and mount the amps on top of the box...

Just wanted to say nice amps. Whatever sub you choose you'll be beatin' for sure.

You seemed to be on the right track with what you had before. I think you would have met your goals with a different enclosure design. Now you'll have more power, just need to get the enclosure right.

me personally Id re0consider the 4-12s......but a pair of BTL15s would go nice in there. Please be aware that even though a BTL will take 4K....u still have to be consious of the gains. I think just looking at the old box; u'll have room for 4 12s. how wide is it on the inside and how much room doo u have between ur seat and back wall?

hey guys thanx for the responses

biggest issue im having is fitting these amps. after measurments, the only logical place they will fit is on the top of the box on amp amp rack id have to fab out of 1x1. id have to fire the woofers forward and find the best place to fire the port. i have roughly 10 cubes to play with...

from the rear wall to the top of the seats i have 15.5, 52 inches wide, and 23 inches from the rear cab wall to the bottom of the seat, and 22 inches tall. it will need to be a large wedge. i want this thing to HAMMER 150.0dbs. i was so mad that my old setup didnt and since then iv been trying to figure this out. what do you guys think? i was gonna strap the amps to the front of the box but there so god damn thick i would lose alot of volume doing it that way to fit. but then again from what iv heard, the best way todo this would be woofers up, port up, and maybe its worth losing a little bit of volume to have the design work like this?

4 12s is still a possibility, i want to go with what ever is most likely gonna be louder. 10s, 12s, 15s, 18s im open to anything. for the amount of space i have , 2 big ass 15s seems like the best route considering after displacements, but i want others input!

4 btl 12"s or nightshades would be bangin in my opinion

originally i was gonna run 2 sundown saz3000ds and 4 nightshades, but im running the fosgate amps because i can get a hella good deal on them. i dont know if those nightshade 12s could hang with over 8kw on tap... btls will tho

4 btl 12"s or nightshades would be bangin in my opinion

originally i was gonna run 2 sundown saz3000ds and 4 nightshades, but im running the fosgate amps because i can get a hella good deal on them. i dont know if those nightshade 12s could hang with over 8kw on tap... btls will tho

Have you seen the new beasts sundown is testing now? There will be an option for a 12 layer coil that I'm shure will handle your thermal abuse.