tez4life

My doors

Here are the doors in my 2004 Ford Crown Victoria,

SANY0061.jpg

Driver side, dont have a current pic of the passenger side but its basicly the same. Im just curious how much i should order to cover the inner and outer skin of the doors with (2) layers?

Doesnt have to be a exact number just rough estimate thats all. This will be my first time using a sound deadning product.

I plan on using roofing flash to cover the big holes. My drivers (ID oem 6.5s) will be in fiberglassed pods in the bottom of the door panels. Thanks.

The door pack of damplifer pro would be a good start. :)

There is no really set answer. I have more than 80sqft in my doors, but you can surely get by with less.

There is no really set answer. I have more than 80sqft in my doors, but you can surely get by with less.

all i can say is wow 80 sqft is that in 2 doors?!!!!!

i put about 20 sqft in each door of my explorer and that was regular damp.

i don't think i could gain MUCH more by adding more layers than i have.

your doors must close like they are made of lead. nice.

With all the extra weight from the sound deadener added on to your car, does it affect performance of the car significantly? Or is it just a slight, unnoticeable difference?

Looks like you've got some large openings in the door shell, you should try and stick some deadener on your outside door skin as well. and then seal up those holes.

With all the extra weight from the sound deadener added on to your car, does it affect performance of the car significantly? Or is it just a slight, unnoticeable difference?

on average, every 100lbs of dead weight (not rotating weight) will add one tenth of a second in your quarter mile race.

if your not into racing, figure up how much deadener your putting in the car, then before adding it find a friend that weighs about that and go for a ride to see if your car feels slower, etc.

damn... i think thats the most ever... i forget how much i have but the number 16 is familar. how much do you have in the entire car?