bigtoepfer

What would you do with 100k tax free dollars?

Figured this was the best place to put this.

Ok so serious question. What would u do with 100k tax free american dollars? For those of you in america. Sorry guys in other countrys. However if you want to do the money change over to a equivalent amount for you i'd still like to hear your input. Thanks everyone. This should be interesting. After we get a few answers or pages i'll let you know why i'm asking.

If this doesn't get any attention by tomorrow i'll post up whats up and why i'm askin early

Edited by bigtoepfer

I would put about 2K into my car, use about 75K for a CD, and then the rest just for college and an apartment...My college fund is lacking slightly...

thats pretty cool. If we could be a little more specific like what would the 2k before. That woudl be cool. But thanks for the input. I been thinking of going back to school. MY college fund is GONE :shrug:

college fund, thats funny to read, my parents never even talked to me about college....

thats pretty cool. If we could be a little more specific like what would the 2k before. That woudl be cool. But thanks for the input. I been thinking of going back to school. MY college fund is GONE :shrug:

Well I wouldn't use much of that 2K. My engine will be going out shortly, I'm creeping up on 200K miles. I would finish glassing my tweeter sails, get my electrical up and running so I can actually use my SAZ 3000D and probably get another set of Kicker SS components. And decide on a sub stage. It's my senior year, so I'm constantly thinking about what I'm doing with my life.

Pay off all my debts (credit cards, car loan, and school loans) and use the rest to finish college without assistance. Perhaps if I had enough left I would upgrade my suspension and get some nice Volk's for my car.

since aig is being bailed out i would put like 10k into their stock and hope that it's going up up up up in a couple of years :) the rest save some in case of the next depression that is forecasted to be coming.

With 100k... I would pay all my debts (credit cards, school loans), keep enough to put me through the rest of college, and give most of it back to my parents.

I would buy a new car and the rest wold go in my 401k

as for me i think a lot more in the short term (thats prob. why i'm broke). with 100k i would buy me a green suit. and take all my friends and family to some where nice, like a island with white sand and blue waters, have a huge party on the beach at night with a DJ and all that fun stuff. the reason behind that is no matter what you use the money for you'll always have regrets and my regret would be one to put a smile on my face very time i think of it. plus i will always have the green suit as a object to go with the memory.

and besides the worlds going to end in 2012 :chat: So people say hahha

Edited by SynCity

Pay off my roughly 25k in student loans, put about 50k towards a down payment for a house, and the other 25k into a retirement account.

i'd pay off all my debt (aprox 20k) put half of the remaining into my 2 money market accts (so 20k in my sons college fund and 20k into my retirement acct) and invest 30k into my business. and put the remaining 10k into my checking acct.

As in the worthless paper called the US Dollar? Those dollars? Imagine what it would be like if you had 100,000 of them and they actually meant something. As in, they weren't borrowed to us (AT PRIME) by the Federal Reserve like they are.

dont worry with the way shit is looking alot of jobs may not be had soon.

yea, so much for being one of the most prosperus counties in the world huh?

Pfft, that's been on the way out for years.

yea but now its gettin really close to the braking point, but whats the deal with the question anyways? ide put mine in a safe at my house, screw the banks, they are all going down anyways

yea but now its gettin really close to the braking point, but whats the deal with the question anyways? ide put mine in a safe at my house, screw the banks, they are all going down anyways

OK. However my house recently got blown away by hurricane gustav. So i don't know if i'd put it in a safe.

The reason i ask is becaues I fell in walmart about 6 weeks ago and broke my patella really bad. And i went to the lawyer today to discuss the whole situation. Basically i've been thinking for the last 5 weeks what i would do if i got a bunch of money extra from a lawsuit/settlement.

However the chances of even getting money like that are pretty slim.

I was thinking pay off my car and debts. And i'd still have about 80k left. So take about 20 or 30k and vacation in Europe and the mediterranean for a month or so with a friend. And or go to Japan. Then put the other half away in gold or some other good investment. But i don't know how much i'm getting yet. I'd also like to go back to school. So perhaps i'd use the 100k to fund going back and getting my masters/Doctorate. Thats basically it.

I was hoping this would be fun. But i guess its gotten more depressing than anything else. LMAO

Edited by bigtoepfer

what was the reason for the fall.... no bs.