bigtoepfer

What would you do with 100k tax free dollars?

Let's see... the market crashed today by about 700 points, just today the market lost $1 trillion on paper, ($1 trillion in one day! Holy chit!) , 401k's are worthless, the bailout hasn't gone through yet, we're in deep chit all over. I not only had my ass handed to me by the stock market, they shipped it by UPS to me and broke it before it got here.

I would take that 100k and buy gold with it. Krugerands, bullion, anything that can be stashed and used to live on. So-called "hard money". As we've seen, investments in stock are shaky at best and putting money into retirement accounts is tantamount to throwing your money away. Gold moves up and down but won't ever fall enough to affect anything. I started buying it when it was around 250.00 per ounce and haven't stopped. I knew this chit was coming when the housing bubble started up(I'm in the business) and I know what's coming and it's going to suck. Bad. Gold is around $870.00 per ounce today but will double in 3 years. My advice: Buy it now while you have the money now, because in 2-3 years you won't have it when you're living in your woofer box and burning your cash to keep your ass warm.

Id pay off debts credit card and truck, fix up the truck new rear bumper body work and paint and some mechanical stuff, then build a nice pole barn to use as storage and a shop, then invest what ever is left

honestly if you do sue and manage to win Id reinvest the money into Wal-mart stock Ive worked there for almost 5 years and only a couple months back started taking payroll deductions to buy up some stock when I started the price a couple months ago was $46 and some change now its up above $58 and before too long Im told the stock will split I shoulda started sooner thats for sure cause Im horible at saving and this way I dont really notice the $25 out of each check

Put it in a bank in swedan that earns 20% interest

The banks in Europe are starting to go the same route we did. The biggest Dutch bank was bailed out and so was the biggest mortgage holder in the UK. Invest in metal because the current fiat-based currency model doesn't affect it.

buy a forclosed property or two when they hit their cheapest (which should be in the next 6-36 months)

fuck walmart,...... big box cock suckers.

100k, humm

> 40k into SSA to start small amplifier line

> 10k to wipe out minor debt

> 20k into house (mortgage and repairs)

> 10k into 323i wagon for daily driving and SSA test mule

> 10k into Arthur's college fund

> 9.5k into savings or investments (wait until it turns into 15k and burn 5k on rare or special amplifiers) ;)

> $500 buy Amanda something nice

Since when were court awards tax free?

Thanks to the "bailout" inflation will tax that some more.

I guess the good news about the economy is that the money you're using to repay your debt is worth a lot less than the money you borrowed. Glad i bought my truck when I did. The price of imports is going up big in the next few years.

Assuming a legit case and not some BS...I'd focus entirely on improving my long term financial situation. Get rid of unsecured debt. Invest the rest in something that will hold its value and possibly provide some residual income and the accrual of long term wealth. I'd be looking at down payments on a pair of rental properties. Let someone else pay the mortgage and build your equity for you. With the real estate market as slow as it is, there are some real steals out there on properties that will cash flow almost immediately.

aggreed. It would seem nowadays that rental properties would be one of the best investments. Especially with realestate the way it was. I'm not saying that court winnings are tax free. Its just easiest to ask it that way. Otherwise its like. well lawyer takes 1/3. state takes 1/3. and your left with $600. LMAO

I would buy a new car for my wife, and put most of it in savings fo rthe kids college, maybe buy a couple nightshades and have 2-3 boxes built for them for different aplications. Oh and I would buy like 4 kinetiks or something

Lord, 5 year old thread. Nice bump, de de de

yea that was a blast from the past.  HAHA.

thanks

Don't forget to bring a towel.

@///M5 Its nice to see you haven't changed though.

thanks

Don't forget to bring a towel.

thats it!  thats the melody 2 funky towwnn