nocomp1

installing a stereo set up with multiple batts and altenators...

Okay ppl I'm not really a beginner with stereo systems but I am a beginner with the more powerful stereo system set ups i guess you could say... a few questions I have...

1. How do you know whether you do or you don't need additional batteries and amplifiers to run your set up?

2. How do you determine how many batts/alts you need?

3. How would you mount/install multiple batts/alts?

4. What are the best quality but yet cheap types of batts/alts?

Okay ppl I'm not really a beginner with stereo systems but I am a beginner with the more powerful stereo system set ups i guess you could say... a few questions I have...

1. How do you know whether you do or you don't need additional batteries and amplifiers to run your set up?

Why do I not get replies to my posts? my questions are logical and reasonable arent they....

maybe cause people have jobs.

i was gonna help you but now im just gonna go back to work.

maybe cause people have jobs.

i was gonna help you but now im just gonna go back to work.

hey bro I was asking a simple question, you don't have to be a dousche... i wasn't getting many replies therefore i started to wonder that maybe i was wording things wrong so that statement was asking advice on how to word questions in case I wasn't making since.

Multiple batteries is a must on high end systems...although i wouldnt call myself a pro at really powerful systems...im currently building one now and having a lil trouble....anyways the easiest way to determine what you will need for your situation is to figure up your current draw from your amplier or amplifiers. Most companys will tell you what max current draw is if there are no fuses on the amp......But if the amps have fuses you basically just add them up.( three 30 amp fuses will be 90 amps ex. ) For your batteries/alternators you will need to match or exceed that total amperage number by going by the Ah (amp hour) rating of the batteries or the amperage of the alternator.

As far as running multiple alternators thats not a good question for me....custom made brackets and wiring and that is even if the vehicle permits such mounting options........there are some companys that make dual alternator kits but its just for specific vehicles like chevy trucks/suvs etc. Hope any of my info helps....

ill be nice and help you out, with wat i know about it.

1, more amps. just match the rms output the speakers, if you have a big voltage drop when the bass hits, you should get an high output alternator, and then extra batts

2. determining alts, look at the amps the alt delivers, multiply by 12~14 and youll get the watts it delivers.. right now i have a 200 amp alt for a 3600 rms system.. its close enough to work for me, but remember your car uses some of those watts to run the car... Extra batts, ive heard, the amps of the battery also equals the watts it will support.

3. Multiple alts.. id try to just get one high output alt. but if thats not enough youll have to fabricate a bracket, some alt shops can do that some cant. and for a high output alt. youll need a 0 guage ground wire connected to the frame, and a 0 guage power wire with an inline fuse and connect it to the positive terminal on the battery.

Multiple batts, connect all the positives together, you should put an inline fuse between them just incase, but i only have one between the batt under the hood and the two batts in my trunk, then ground your batteries to the frame, you could also run 0 guage between the negatives too, but means more 0 guage wire.

4. Cheap, with quality... cheap batts, you could go to autozone and get a marine battery, but i use kinetik, but that expensive, try to find a battery that is sealed and wont leak, alts. Id say just do a search on the internet, i have an iraggi, there is also exessive amperage, ohio generator, denso i think. but they can get expensive.

sounds good so far ppl! thanks for the help! I can somewhat picture most of it in my head now...that is how to hook everything up and such. Anymore hints/tips/suggestions would be kool...thanks!

dousche???? what the fuck is that?

IMAGE_830.jpg

Picture1113.jpg

Lol, mixing deep cycle batteries with starting batteries in the same chain....

LOL CIRCUIT BREAKERS

dousche???? what the fudge is that?

IMAGE_830.jpg

Picture1113.jpg

what kind of fuse blocks are those?

dousche???? what the fudge is that?

IMAGE_830.jpg

Picture1113.jpg

Dude...*Shakes head* :wtf:

LOL CIRCUIT BREAKERS

i called optima they said it would be jusssstttt fine. your just battery racist :neil:

LOL CIRCUIT BREAKERS

i called optima they said it would be jusssstttt fine. your just battery racist :neil:

Of course they did, they want you to keep using their products lol.

well they seem to be working GREAT!

no problems here either, i was worried at first, but every where i've read that isolators are just a waste of money

well they seem to be working GREAT!

h/o 200 amp alt with underdrive pully...

what does h/o stand for? underdrive pully?