Sign in to follow this  
truckaudioman

excessive amperage

so i am thinkin of using an excessive amperage alternator and would like to know how many of you use their alts and how good are they....

thanxxx

Iraggi is also hit or miss. Those two in particular are off my list of places to buy my alternator from.

Mean Green, Powermaster, Ohio Generator and Mechman are still there though..

i have had my EA alt for some time now and haven't had any problems

I like mine, some a-hole tested it over here in germany and said it was bad so I sent it back.......its good. But true some people have had pronlems with his 300 amp ones but Nate is very good about warranties and repairing from my expierience. Price them and see who's best

My 250 amp alt is holding up great with a 2 battery bank, and only 4ga power run until tomorrow, the wire store closed 2 minutes after I got there! CSERS! No noticeable voltage drops at 3500watts. Ordering a digital meter soon to see actual voltage drop. EA or the 3 johnecon mentioned, it's all a personal preference IMO.

Only ones left that I know have a great track record of performance and customer service is Ohio Gen and Power Master.

I ran a EA 250 amp on my suburban for a couple of years. (7) D31T and (2) 34/78 yellow tops. Never had a problem.

Went with Mechman on the van. Little cheaper and his warranty/rebuild program is awesome. Price was also a little cheaper than what EA quoted me, even with a return customer discount.

Brian

Edited by BKOLFO4

I ran a EA 250 amp on my suburban for a couple of years. (7) D31T and (2) 34/78 yellow tops. Never had a problem.

Went with Mechman on the van. Little cheaper and his warranty/rebuild program is awesome. Price was also a little cheaper than what EA quoted me, even with a return customer discount.

Brian

I found mechman to be alot more expensive than EA.

both of my ea alt's wheren't bad. the pulley nathen uses where the problem on my old saturn something about the grooves not lining up or something i was told.

powermaster didnt have an alt for my ride. he referred me to mechman if yall are just wandering.

i order a 250 amp 150 amp idle mechman alt for my toyota camry. because my 200 amp iraggi has failed 3 times. 2 times from voltage regulator. he uses refurb denco stock amp cases on his alts, partly causing heat issues, and this is why mine has failed 2. spend the money once do it right and go powermaster / mechman.

mechman is the only one i know who provides a dyno sheet with the ratings at given rpms and amperage.

he machines his casings to fit your mounting brackets or provides brackets to help his amps do so. this has allowed me to mount a large case alt in a tight toyota camry.

also sells powermaster batts. and i picked up a 5100 and 975 while i was at it =] for an amazing price.

Contact matt guys. you wont be disappointed.

1 - 888- mech - man is his number i think.

Mike-

What, nobody runs db electrical lol?

Trust me Mechman is the best out there! Over on the caraudio.com forums thats who everyone is getting there alts from. He gives you a 50 dollar rebate as well if you use pics of his alt in build logs. I ordered my alt Friday and got it Monday! Mechman is doing worlds wonders for the car audio scene!