Aaron Clinton

8" SoundSplinter future???

give us any hints?

from what mike has told me, the 8" soundsplinter is a 95% certainty. it will based on the tc2+ motor, so it will be an rl-i.

the 18" is on hold as tc is looking for a supplier of 18" baskets and such.

the LMT is looking grim, however, he has about a month before he knows 100%

i'm sure mike will get in here and clarify, but that's the way it's looking as of right now, from my understanding.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

wonder what the power rattings on the RL-i 8" would be?

he didn't say, but i don't think it will change much, if any at all..the rl-i's are built lil buggers, i'd think an 8 with that motor would take 300wrms easily...if if they had too use a slightly smaller vc, but i don't think they would have too

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I've been hearing BAD things lately about TC since Ponte has gone. I hope this doesn't trickle down to SS. They seem like an awesome company that someday I will HAVE to buy into.

i agree...though mike spends quite a bit of time down there...

maybe that'll keep things square...but he'll have to answer that

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

yeah I have been curious as to what is going on since he left

from what mike has told me, the 8" soundsplinter is a 95% certainty. it will based on the tc2+ motor, so it will be an rl-i.

the 18" is on hold as tc is looking for a supplier of 18" baskets and such.

the LMT is looking grim, however, he has about a month before he knows 100%

Yep You hit the nail(s) on the head Kent!.. You been stalking me? :ph34r:

I need to wait on printing for my 8" cones, which in the past has generally taken one month+. LMT looks like its going to another company as an exclusive contract, terms to be defined in approximately 3-4 weeks I've been told.

The RL-i8 will be a TC2+ and capable of 300wrms easy ;)

I've been hearing BAD things lately about TC since Ponte has gone.  I hope this doesn't trickle down to SS.  They seem like an awesome company that someday I will HAVE to buy into.

Steve's quick departure from TC definitely came as a surprise and certainly didn't help TC any.. but they have hired another full time manager to help them on various projects so I'm sure things will smooth out in time. So far as product quality, Thilo has really been steppin' up the research and development over there so I'm expecting some killer fully finished home theater from them soon. The largest concern for SoundSplinter right now, with respect to TC, is long leadtimes on production. I'll just have to be more weary of my inventory to ensure popular drivers will stay in stock as often as possible.

> what about ss stock? as in the stock market

Negative.. I don't want to have to answer to shareholders - at least not for a very long time. I want to run this business as a friendly hobby-craft and not some corporation whose bottom line is the allmighty dollar sealedlips.gif

Yep You hit the nail(s) on the head Kent!.. You been stalking me?  :ph34r:

well, not stalking exactly...... :ph34r: :faintthud:

but u know...u look really cute from da back.. :faintthud::lol2::o:finger::woot:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

:hay:

Curiosity killed the cat.. but seeing as cats probably couldn't type out messages on this BB.. carry on

:4123357f3da0f6e125a54: B)

hey Mike,

what are you going to do inventory wise? like how many you going to keep in stock or are you going to make t order most stuff

I gotta push this stuff throughout Canada. Future projects require money, and sales make money. And I'm interested in future projects :D

- Steve

I gotta push this stuff throughout Canada.  Future projects require money, and sales make money.  And I'm interested in future projects :D

- Steve

yeah..SoundSplinter seems to really be taking off, especially the 15" rl-p's, which mike is currently out of stock of... :+1::faintthud:

yesterday, i played petey pablo's vibrate in the wifey's car...the car showed a charging system failure message twice because of voltage drops...lol...time for the big three and a new battery..maybe new amp?

anyway..i was impressed with the rl-p before, but damn...lol....does this thing rock! :faintthud: loud and low baby...the only way to describe it!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Nice Kent! I just helped my friend wire up two RL-i10's in an old enclosure he had layin' around previously with two Kicker CompVR's.. man, that thing wangs great off his old Pioneer amp giving only 190 watts per driver grin.gif

hey Mike,

what are you going to do inventory wise? like how many you going to keep in stock or are you going to make t order most stuff

Well since I'm having some small issues of timeliness with production down at TC, I'm finding myself leaning towards inventorying more and more, rather than setting up my production as just-in-time system. So far as how many I'll keep in stock at any given time is hard to say, but I will be keeping a ready inventory rather than making to order.

As Kent has mentioned elsewhere, I am going to start toying around with some home audio products and see if I can't make a sexy finished plug-in product for home theater use. Off the top of my head (may be getting a bit ahead of myself wink2.gif), I'd only keep 1 or 2 of those in stock and make the rest to order since they will require more intensive production. I imagine home theater products won't be publicly available for quite some time though..

Nice Kent!  I just helped my friend wire up two RL-i10's in an old enclosure he had layin' around previously with two Kicker CompVR's.. man, that thing wangs great off his old Pioneer amp giving only 190 watts per driver grin.gif

i know i liked it!! :woot: that thing wangs!!! :faintthud: but i'm in need of a new amp..i think this hifonics, while nice, just isn't what the doctor ordered....i don't know what i'll get yet...but i'm a looking..

might even go ported..hehe

As Kent has mentioned elsewhere, I am going to start toying around with some home audio products and see if I can't make a sexy finished plug-in product for home theater use.  Off the top of my head (may be getting a bit ahead of myself wink2.gif), I'd only keep 1 or 2 of those in stock and make the rest to order since they will require more intensive production.  I imagine home theater products won't be publicly available for quite some time though..

sounds like a plan to me!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

As Kent has mentioned elsewhere, I am going to start toying around with some home audio products and see if I can't make a sexy finished plug-in product for home theater use.  Off the top of my head (may be getting a bit ahead of myself wink2.gif), I'd only keep 1 or 2 of those in stock and make the rest to order since they will require more intensive production.  I imagine home theater products won't be publicly available for quite some time though..

I'm guessing you'll be doing subs(enclosure, amp, sub) for home audio? I've actually been going into the HT market so if you can come up with some nice priced electronics, i might be interested there as well ;)

Cool - rignt now I'm not sure when exactly this will all come together. I'm in the process of moving at the moment so I won't have time to get crackin' on the HT projects quite yet. I have considered offering plate amp's and various DIY-HT products, but it's too early for me to give an ETA with any certainty.

Well, I know I'm late to the party here......but from what I've heard of previous TC2+ 8" drivers, they have been half-priced 8W7 contenders. Assuming the SS products are anywhere similar in performance, they should be absolute killers.

It would be even more killer if they were suitable for midbass duty aswell :D

Well, I know I'm late to the party here......but from what I've heard of previous TC2+ 8" drivers, they have been half-priced 8W7 contenders.  Assuming the SS products are anywhere similar in performance, they should be absolute killers.

It would be even more killer if they were suitable for midbass duty aswell :D

this much i know..the 8" rl-i will be an unadulatered exact copy of the tc2+, just like the rest of the rl-i line...

so, yeah, they'll be absolute killers...lol

they'd be awful big midbass's lol...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

now if there was an RL-p 8 in the future, SUper 8