About week ago while my truck was running and my music was playing my girlfriend opened my passenger door and my speakers started to hum. I seen the same problem with my friends amp "Foxmoto" and tried alot of things like changing my wiring, RCA's and my grounds about 5 or 6 times now and nothing seems to work. I have checked all the electrical and the readings are all normal. Any suggestions?

Do you only have the noise when the door is open. If so it's possible that the circuit that's turning on the dome light when the door opens is sharing a ground path with your HU. Not going to be a problem with the amp.

move your power wires away from the speaker wires

move your power wires away from the speaker wires

There's some ignorant advice...

Power or signal wire run under the door sill on the passenger's side? Wouldn't surprise me if the chick stepped on the sill plate just wrong and it crimped the signal wire.

nah i checked to see if that was what it was by disconnecting my passenger side speakers and the buzz was still there and i changed the RCA's so there new, so im pretty sure it wouldnt cause it either.

also for some reason when i tap on the sub it plays my tapping through the speakers

tommorrow im going to move the ground so there not using the same ground as my sub

and just so it doesnt come up my sub doesnt have the same problem as my speakers i tested that already

Edited by spratt

You need to recheck your grounds and rca's

ok well since tomorrow i get paid i guess ill go get another set of RCA's to replace my slightly old ones and reground my amp again and ill prob post my setup when i get time to see if anyone can spot and problems with what i have.

Are you running your rcas and power wire next to each other?

he already stated no.

What head unit do you have? Can you explain exactly where your grounds are and how you changed them to try and fix it?

One more step of basic troubleshooting, does the noise go away when you disconnect the RCAs from the amp? Do you have a Pioneer HU?

Do you have a Pioneer HU?

ha, that's why I asked what head unit he has. I just didn't want to mention it right away.

he already stated no.

What head unit do you have? Can you explain exactly where your grounds are and how you changed them to try and fix it?

I read this thread over again and did not see where he said that. I found ''power & speaker'' and that is not the same thing

Edited by Earthman

oh I guess I glanced over it.

No harm, no foul. Thats why I posted because it seems he went around it by replacing things.

im havin the same problem on a diff topic i poste.. so me of the responses ive got are to ground out the outher jacket of the rca wires at the radio.

here is the link they gave me to show me how to do it, http://www.icixsound.com/vb/showthread.php...age=1&pp=10

i havent done it yet, but i will sometime tomorrow.. im hopin it works for me

Edited by fritosaregood

no my power and RCA's run on different sides and my H/U is Alpine IVA-D105, yeah the sound goes away when i disconnect my rca's and my amp turns off aswell, and i was running my grounds on my frame where my backseat used to be and right by my fuses theres a ground that im using.

Reground the HU. Another possibility is that the HU output was damaged when (if) the signal cable was pinched.

well after all this time i got sick of trying to fix my wiring and i went to my friends house and used his amp (another 100.2) and the sound went away.... so should i send my amp in or is there a way to fix it?

Yep. Sounds like you messed up the inputs.

not to be insulting, but if that happened, it sounds like an install problem, improper wiring somewhere. That'd be my 1st, 2nd and 3rd guesses.