Sign in to follow this  
JoshM20

Sundown Vs Orion

pretty much straight foward, I am getting 2 Q 15's and I am up in the air between these 2 amps, they are both around the same price and I was wondering some of your opinions on which will push/sound the best with the 15's.

Also what is the BP option when you order the 15's?

Thx

Josh

As in new amps? If that is the case, I'd way rather have the Sundown.

Yea I will be gettin a new amp.

What is the BP option on the 15's in the ordering menu?

A little time spent looking for things saves alot of hassle, but i'll make it easy on you.

New option added to SSD and Q Series - 04/15/07

We just added the "BP Power" option to both the SSD and Q series subwoofers.

This new option adds a machined aluminum compression plug to the pole which helps channel all of the air under the dustcap around the coil for better cooling. To aid with this increased airflow we also add 6 axial cooling channels in the top plate. Along with increased thermal capacity comes the addition of an extra spider and a changed spider pack.

All of these new features increase power handling from 200-500 Watts depending on the application.

As really only Jacob can speak on the new 1200D, it is not really possible for the rest of us to compare. But I have spoke a number of times about the 1200D with Jacob, not to mention the power he is getting out of them in testing. So I would strongly vote in favor of the 1200D.

When I order the subs, should i get the D1 or D2's? which would be best for the amp/subs.

If you are ordering one amp per sub, get dual 2 ohm subs. If you want one amp to run both subs, get the dual 1 ohm version.

As really only Jacob can speak on the new 1200D, it is not really possible for the rest of us to compare. But I have spoke a number of times about the 1200D with Jacob, not to mention the power he is getting out of them in testing. So I would strongly vote in favor of the 1200D.

I would also like to add as denim stated above, that Chris (DB-r), from db-r.com, could give you an accurate comparison, if there is such a thing between the two. All that being said, I believe the sundown takes the win.