Sign in to follow this  
dr00mx

Great Product

Hey guys

I've been snooping around this forum for the past week and found out that the RL-p 12" D4 is not in stock. :( Kinda upset but then again D2 is in stock which is shocking to me because I've read that 2ohm config. would be a cheaper one to run in overall result of watts per dollars spent. Please don't judge me by my lack of knowledge but that's just what came to my head. Please tell me different because I wanted to get D4 for a long time and they seem to be more popular over D2.

Thanks in advance

Dan K

lol, d2 and d4 is how you figure out how you wire your speaker to whatever amp you get so you know your final load.

I do understand that D2 is 2ohm and D4 is 4ohm that's how you match up the amp with the sub. My questions is what's a cheaper way to do and what's the better way to go?

.....what are you talking about?

when you order the sub you should have the option of d2 or d4 and then you just tell them and it shouldnt cost you anything. do you have a amp you're going to use for the sub?

Alright sorry while confusing myself I confused you. I'm really new to this stuff sorry.

Parallel D2 = 2ohms and Series D2 = .5ohms?

Correct me if I'm wrong I'm still learning.

and

I was looking at this amp Sundown Audio SAZ-1500D,

1500 watts x 1 1 ohm

800 watts x 1 2 ohms

400 watts x 1 4 ohms

Does that mean I'll only be getting 800W to each sub if put parallel?

lol i sound like a retard

i just need couple of things explained thanks

Edited by DanK

If you want to get the 1500d, which might be too much power for one Rl-p at full tilt, get the dual 2 ohm version. This way you can wire it to 1 ohm to see up to 1500+watts from your 1500d..

d2 parallel=1ohm series 4ohm d4parallel=2ohm series 8ohm if you want two subs d2 in parallel=.5ohm series/parallel=2ohm series=8ohm d4parallel=1ohm series/parallel=4ohm series=16ohm

so 1sub at 1ohm 1500w

or 2subs at 2ohm each 800w?

am i gettin this right?

If you get two subs, and wire them to a 2ohm COMBINED load you will get watts per 400 per sub. If you wire them to a 1 ohm COMBINED load you will get 750 watts per sub. I was kinda of confused on what you said. Are you getting one sub or two?

Do not send 1500 watts to an RL-p. You can get plenty of performance out of the RL-p with 400/500 watts. Something like a Sundown SAX-100.2 will be plenty of power.

thanks for all the answers guys

i went and read some stuff on my own and i think with that and your help i have a better understand now.

i came up with this combo

subs: 2 RL-p 12" D2

amp: Hifonics BXi 2608D

* 4 ohms: 850 watts x 1 chan.

* 2 ohms: 1700 watts x 1 chan.

* 1 ohm: 2600 watts x 1 chan.

so this should give me a solid 800watts to each if its overrated

any one have any other suggestions for an amp

or have experienced this amp

please let me now

thanks

dan

thanks for all the answers guys

i went and read some stuff on my own and i think with that and your help i have a better understand now.

i came up with this combo

subs: 2 RL-p 12" D2

amp: Hifonics BXi 2608D

* 4 ohms: 850 watts x 1 chan.

* 2 ohms: 1700 watts x 1 chan.

* 1 ohm: 2600 watts x 1 chan.

so this should give me a solid 800watts to each if its overrated

any one have any other suggestions for an amp

or have experienced this amp

please let me now

thanks

dan

I'd shop around for a different amp if it were me. Look into the new SAE1200D from Sundown or an SAZ1500D.

thanks for steering me away from that direction.

i found these two amps that seem very nice,

JL AUDIO 1000/1v2, i heard that its supposed to be in 1200watt range.

*1000W 1.5-4 ohms

Cadence DCA-2500.1 a lil lower price and more power.

*100W @ 4 ohms (a lil chitty or whats goin on here?)

*1500W @ 2 ohms

*2500W @ 1 ohms

any suggestions?

dan

Edited by DanK

The JL is a good choice and it will be plenty of power. The SAE-1200D is a decent choice too if you want to run it at 2 ohm mono.

You need this.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp

Whatever the "final" load AT THE AMP is (ohm load) is the power rating you will use.

I'd get this amp:

http://www.sundownaudio.com/1200d.html

Great guy to buy from and an AMAZING PRODUCT.

Then get two Dual 4 ohm subs and wire them like this:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woof...mp;woofer_imp=4

to achieve a 1 ohm load at the amp, giving you a total of 1200 watts, or 600 watts to each sub.

thank a lot nick, appreciate the help i guess ill just have to wait till the rl-p D4 comes back : (

Just so you are fully appraised, the RL-p12 D4 may take a LONG time be come back in stock. I am still waiting on RL-i8 and RL-p18 production, and until those come through I am not purchasing any new products. This mess of delays sprouted through the bankruptcy of my previous supplier, and with money already tied up, I am sitting tight until the current production is finished and evaluated for quality/consistency (since they are being made at a different facility).

That said, a pair of D2's will work fine with the HiFonics amp you suggested, the Cadence DCA-2500.1, the Sundown SAZ-3000D, or the JL Audio 1000/1v2.

If you instead wish to run only a single D2 driver, the Sundown SAE-1000D or the JL Audio 1000/1v2 would work well.

Generally speaking, you'll want to find an amplifier that can provide 500 - 1000 watts RMS for each RL-p driver. If you want to maximize the output of the RL-p, you'll of course need a good enclosure but should also lean towards 800 - 1000 watts RMS per driver. Anything above 1000 watts will only serve to add additional stress to the driver without giving you any significant benefits in performance.