Sign in to follow this  
bigjae1976

Need some info on the Legatia Pro

I've been an OZ Audio for the past 13 years. Unfortunately, they are no longer making speakers. I've been looking for a new company to go with as far as speakers and have been hearing a lot of good things about Hybrid.

I can't seem to find any specs on the Legatia Pro series? Specifically the 6.5" comp set (or 7.1?). My speaker locations have a very limited outer diameter and mounting depth.

Thanks

I've been an OZ Audio for the past 13 years. Unfortunately, they are no longer making speakers. I've been looking for a new company to go with as far as speakers and have been hearing a lot of good things about Hybrid.

I can't seem to find any specs on the Legatia Pro series? Specifically the 6.5" comp set (or 7.1?). My speaker locations have a very limited outer diameter and mounting depth.

Thanks

bigjae,

The L6 pro is not available at this time. check out the product page for more info regarding the L1 pro tweet http://www.hybrid-audio.com/products.htm

If you can't wait for the release of the pros, go with the legatia speakers that are available right now. also, check out the Clarus line as well. I use the clarus 5.25 speakers as midbass, and so far, most people think that i'm using larger speakers :)

Duh...I didn't see that link on Hybrid's webpage. Looks like the tweet and 7" will fit.

My only complaint about the OZ Audio CS180s I have is that they are so inefficient. Otherwise, they sound awesome. Hopefully, the Legatia Pro series can improve upon that because I would like a little more volume at times. Unfortunately, I don't have room to put another monster amp for the midrange. So I'm pretty much stuck with the Sundown 100.4.

The Legatia series looks to be built well. The L1 pro tweet is beautiful, can't wait to see what the Pro6 mid will look like.

I'm thinking about taking a roll of the dice and getting these without taking a listen. I've been pleasantly surprised before!

Duh...I didn't see that link on Hybrid's webpage. Looks like the tweet and 7" will fit.

My only complaint about the OZ Audio CS180s I have is that they are so inefficient. Otherwise, they sound awesome. Hopefully, the Legatia Pro series can improve upon that because I would like a little more volume at times. Unfortunately, I don't have room to put another monster amp for the midrange. So I'm pretty much stuck with the Sundown 100.4.

The Legatia series looks to be built well. The L1 pro tweet is beautiful, can't wait to see what the Pro6 mid will look like.

I'm thinking about taking a roll of the dice and getting these without taking a listen. I've been pleasantly surprised before!

I purchased my hybrid front stage without hearing any of the speakers. my friend has the l1 tweet,l3 midrange and the l6 midbass. I liked the sound of his system, so i decided to go with hybrid. I use the l1 pro tweets,l4 midrange and the clarus 5.25 for midbass. that was the best investment that i have made for a front stage. in my previous install, i used morel piccalo tweets,scanspeak 12m midrange and dynaudio 7"midbass and I have to say that the hybrid products sound better. good luck with the install and keep us posted on your progress :)

Edited by ragnaroksq

I've been looking at some DLS Nobelliums. And the consensus seems that the Hybrids are a little brighter. Any listening fatigue? Are you using an active setup? How much power are you sending to them?

I'm very sensitive to a bright tweeter. I prefer something smoother like a dynaudio tweet.

I've been looking at some DLS Nobelliums. And the consensus seems that the Hybrids are a little brighter. Any listening fatigue? Are you using an active setup? How much power are you sending to them?

I'm very sensitive to a bright tweeter. I prefer something smoother like a dynaudio tweet.

I have the Clarus 6-21 setup and the tweeter sounds very natural and smooth. Its not bright at all, with the crossover. Now with it being active, it really brought out the potential in these drivers. I love how they sound. I'd imagine the Legatia sounding even better.

One of my favorite cars that I've heard uses Nobeliums...I don't think there's too much of a drawback for either when it comes to the tweets. When it comes to the midbass, I'd rather have the L6's or L8's ;) I haven't heard the Leg. Pros yet, that could likely change my opinions towards the Hybrid.

And I've heard enough JMLabs stuff to know what a bright tweeter sounds like :P

One of my favorite cars that I've heard uses Nobeliums...I don't think there's too much of a drawback for either when it comes to the tweets. When it comes to the midbass, I'd rather have the L6's or L8's ;) I haven't heard the Leg. Pros yet, that could likely change my opinions towards the Hybrid.

I know what you mean. I had a run in with some MB Quart Series tweets. Wow, I thought my ears were going to bleed.

Thanks for the comparison. Right now, the only drawback with the Hybrid drivers is that the L6 midbass might not fit.

yes, I have an active setup. I have (3) Arc Audio 300.4 amps and each amp controls tweets,midrange and midbass. tweets are getting around 100watts,midrange is 150 and midbass is 150 watts. keep in mind that i'm a sound quality competitor, so i don't like to shake the ground lol

Edited by ragnaroksq

if you want to hear a "bright" tweeter, you should hear the audiopipe super tweets. I know a guy that had a total of 8 super tweets..that's right, 8 super tweets as his front stage. that chit sounds like crap.

as for midbass, i highly recommend the clarus line.they are outstanding drivers and once you get those tuned in, it's all good from that point ;)

I've been doing a lot of comparing and the L7/L1 Pro combo seems to be on par as far as numbers and reviews with the nobelium. I really like how the L1 Pro tweet goes so low.

Now I just have to get the guts to take out my OZ Audio's. I've spent so much time with them (12 years) and know them so well. This might take awhile to move on. But I guess its time since OZ Audio is no more.

Thanks for all the help!