mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

To amuse yourself just look around for hot women. It is the only reason that any sort of mall activity can be entertaining.

*excludes the skyway system in downtown Minny. It is just fun to walk through and people watch. Funny to have sidewalks basically go right through department stores.

My life = poop.

Gonna be a daddy.

Such horrible timing.

Make some friends... :fing34:

No kidding. You'd think the connections I have through my profession and athletic background would have been enough. Wound up being a 'friend of a friend' ... so it works for me.

Pictures of said shoes?

I need the extra support with the weight I'm doing on the platform now.

Here is a custom made version made in Canada - I'll be getting a pair of these to check 'em out:

shosi300.jpg

Here is an AdiSTAR - I'm debating getting the Olympic version of these guys as well:

sab.jpg

If I go through a pair of gym shoes every year, then this is a pretty good investment if you ask me. $150 for good shoes that will last me the rest of my life and maybe one pair of gym shoes every year and a half or two years.

Gonna be a daddy.

Such horrible timing.

No kidding?

Congrats or insert >"birth control"< here ?

I just got totally pucking raped by my physics test.

That was pucking horrible.

Gonna be a daddy.

Such horrible timing.

oh really? Grats man!!!!

btw you have pm ;)

i've been fighting off an impulse buy for a while now, the damn thing still hasn't sold, i'm hoping it does so i'll stop lusting after it. Honestly if i woulnd't have just bought the car, i'd probably have a new HU

Gonna be a daddy.

Such horrible timing.

I have come to terms with the fact that good & timing don't normally come in the same sentence.

Three of my friends are in the same boat as you and another three couples I know are trying. Bass ackwards.

no love m5? I see how it is ;)

:ehh:

i'm off to bed, goodnight hop

I come back and you don't even say hi :(.....

hello there...

yeah i just bump over here from time to time..

so sleepy.. but any ways thought i should holla @ every1 (since it's on thread that the majority view)

hope every one is doing alright..

keep it BANGIN!

i don't like it bangin', it skurrs me

I like to bang t3h womenzzzzzzzzz.

i might be buying something sweet...

2000-2001 camaro ss. he was asking 9500, but he's repainted the bumpers and side skirts and replaced the headlights (things that needed done) and just installed a new pair of 6.5s up front. the only downside is the thing is pull-me-over red. he's got just over 7600 in it, so i've got a good starting point. now i have to wait for my settlement ot come in.

oh yeah..

steve, aaron...a trainer has written up a guide of excercises to do. reps and sets, but not weight. said i should do just heavy enough so that i can complete every set and rep. this is what i've been doing, but i'm not sure if it's the right thing. should i add more weight and just do as many reps as possible each set? will that make the muscles work harder, grow quicker?

i'm not really trying to lose weight, but rather move weight around. my frame carries my 230pds nicely, i just want to tone up and lose the gut. any help is appreciated...

including supplements again. i know i've asked before. i've got NO-Xplode, does ok i guess. i want the route to the quickest results so i'll stay motivated, which is my biggest problem.

thanks guys..

and good morning IHoP!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i might be buying something sweet...

2000-2001 camaro ss. he was asking 9500, but he's repainted the bumpers and side skirts and replaced the headlights (things that needed done) and just installed a new pair of 6.5s up front. the only downside is the thing is pull-me-over red. he's got just over 7600 in it, so i've got a good starting point. now i have to wait for my settlement ot come in.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Pics of course, and those cars look great in red. Sounds like a deal to me. LS1 power in a plastic-bodied car = fun.

I come back and you don't even say hi :(.....

Thought I had :ughdunno: sorry. Hi. ;)

The :ehh: was because I thought you were upset I didn't congratulate Ryan.

Good luck with both the car and staying motivated Kent. Since my birthday, I have tried to run every other day. It has been about every third, but at least its something. I actually don't care about size, weight, muscle, or anything other than feeling like I am in some semblance of shape. Getting outrun by 50 year olds consistently doesn't sit well with the competitive side of me.

steve, aaron...a trainer has written up a guide of excercises to do. reps and sets, but not weight. said i should do just heavy enough so that i can complete every set and rep. this is what i've been doing, but i'm not sure if it's the right thing. should i add more weight and just do as many reps as possible each set? will that make the muscles work harder, grow quicker?

i'm not really trying to lose weight, but rather move weight around. my frame carries my 230pds nicely, i just want to tone up and lose the gut. any help is appreciated...

including supplements again. i know i've asked before. i've got NO-Xplode, does ok i guess. i want the route to the quickest results so i'll stay motivated, which is my biggest problem.

Camaro :slayer:

It's called Periodization and Principle of Progression/Overload ("progressive overload") ... lots of info out there on the topic. Tudor Bompa's book outlining periodization is great.

In order to notice results you need to keep your body guessing.

You've been out of weightlifting so your periodization scheme should be something similar to this: a few weeks of general anatomical adaptation, few weeks focussing on hypertrophy (muscle size), few weeks of strength training, couple weeks of power training. It's just typical cycle. Throw in drop sets, giant sets, endurance training, plyometrics and so on. Everyone needs to sit down and plan a full training scheme. I do one year at a time and divide my time into a few mesocycles, each with a specific goal in mind. Each mesocycle is divided into microcycles with specific exercises, training loads, mini-goals etc etc etc.

Biggest mistake is people just jump right into heavy weights for few reps ... let your body adjust and adapt first, then move on towards and address your goal(s).

There's a lot to setting up a quality program - I just did a strength program for someone and it took me a few days and wound up being something like 26 pages long, full of detail etc.

If you're interested, I can send you a bunch of info via e-mail (send me your address) - I'll send you my lecture notes from the Theory of Strength Training course I taught.

Noticeable results ... you're looking at around the two month mark.

Want to see results? Perform good exercise and bust your ass. As a novice you'll notice results rather quickly and your adaptations will primarily be neural at the beginning.

Supplements ... most are complete garbage. Protein and creatine are pretty much the two only 'proven' supplements that work. The NO is a good pre-workout boost to maximize your time spent in the gym. Good idea to cycle it as to not become either dependent on it, or have your body get used to it (subsequently need higher doses).

"Losing the gut" will come through cardio and abdominal exercises, more importantly what happens in your kitchen.

christ you all make me realize i really gotta get back in the gym