mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

When is Finals, btw?

and where?

11-8 & 11-9 in Nashville :)

Oh Snap! I should go... Its only 670miles down there...

so my uncle recently died, which sucks really bad, but the kids (his brothers and sisters) are selling some of his stuff and the money goes to the grandkids in the family like it says in the will, and i am going to buy a new vegicle with it, but i can only find 1500's in my price range and they all have 350's in them, anyone know how to get better gas mileage out of those things because its really the only thing holding me back at the moment

Get an F150 :P

He wants better mileage, not to burn up the money in maintenance. :)

LOL, my GM has cost me about 10x in maintenance for 1/3 the miles.

Hmmm, we haven't had any GM vehicles that I can think of that we have had any real problems yet other than general maintenance.

haven't you had issues with the caddy a few times? and it was real spendy too right?

;)

Broken ground wire in a tail light lost all rear electrical, shit happens, took 3hrs to find and no money.

Water pump at 140k miles, normal maintenance, 200$

All of my other bitching has been doing the stereo. :)

Really for a caddy, not bad.

I would love to get some suggestions from some of the SSA Experts on what all to do to the Cadillac to make it sound better...

I buy my new PJ, and screen today I think. Then go to home and measure the seats I liked, and then buy the equiveleint online for 1/4 the price!

Woot.

I would love to get some suggestions from some of the SSA Experts on what all to do to the Cadillac to make it sound better...

3 way and a sub stage

:drink40::drink40:

Tippy top.

I gotta make up for lost posting time, but I don't have too much to say. I am quite relaxed.

so my uncle recently died, which sucks really bad, but the kids (his brothers and sisters) are selling some of his stuff and the money goes to the grandkids in the family like it says in the will, and i am going to buy a new vegicle with it, but i can only find 1500's in my price range and they all have 350's in them, anyone know how to get better gas mileage out of those things because its really the only thing holding me back at the moment

Hmmm, we haven't had any GM vehicles that I can think of that we have had any real problems yet other than general maintenance.

haven't you had issues with the caddy a few times? and it was real spendy too right?

;)

Broken ground wire in a tail light lost all rear electrical, shit happens, took 3hrs to find and no money.

No, not bad, grandparents haven't had a problems with it either, it throws random codes for servicing the transmission, but it has done that for 50k miles and hasn't had a problem, nor has anyone ever been able to find out whats wrong with it. I haven't thought of tackling that problem yet either.

One of the guys I work with, his dad works for a cell phone company and buys Cadillacs at ~130k and runs them up to 250k or so on the highway with no problems so I have some hope that it'll last for a long time. :)

3 way and a sub stage

Sub stage will be done, the hell with a 3-way though.

*edit* If you count the sub stage I will be running 3-way active though...

;)

No, not bad, grandparents haven't had a problems with it either, it throws random codes for servicing the transmission, but it has done that for 50k miles and hasn't had a problem, nor has anyone ever been able to find out whats wrong with it. I haven't thought of tackling that problem yet either.

One of the guys I work with, his dad works for a cell phone company and buys Cadillacs at ~130k and runs them up to 250k or so on the highway with no problems so I have some hope that it'll last for a long time. :)

I hope my expedition runs that long. I need to address the paint however. It has about 190k on it, but the engine only has 4500 on it and new refurbished 4wd set up.

My ole chevy truck has the infamous '90s paint job that GM put on...

I am getting a bit of random rust spots from dings. Classic door opening, and back hatch door spots.... I don't want to have a problem. I thought about cleaning the frame and spraying some rust stopper, but... the truck is 11 years old. I don't know if it's really worth putting a bunch of money or time into trying to make her last another 11 in mint or just allow her to age and rust away into a farm only type vehicle.

If it was me, I'd personally just keep the body as well as you can without putting extra money into it, and just keep the mechanical side of it in good shape.

I have just been using touch up paint before anything happens but I saw a light dusting of rust on one of the gouges... It breaks my heart. My friend paints cars. I might see if he can help me out.

I'm thinking the same I keep the paint in as best of condition as I can and touch up as she goes.

Mechanicaly she's a doll. I have one of those "sport" intakes on it though. I kind of wish I had something different there.

Alcohol injected big block, 6-71, and zoomies. fing05.gif

My ole chevy truck has the infamous '90s paint job that GM put on...

That started in the late 80s. They got it fixed in the mid 90s, then Ford took over the reins on shitty paint jobs.

I gotta take a huge shit.

3 way and a sub stage

Sub stage will be done, the hell with a 3-way though.

*edit* If you count the sub stage I will be running 3-way active though...

What model Fostex's do you have in the dash ? I'm half tempted to try a similar setup...just need to find a location for them...

On this day in 1986, TASCC--a superconducting cyclotron at the Chalk River Laboratories--officially opened. In 1985, Space Shuttle Atlantis flew its maiden voyage. In 1964, the first Buffalo Wings were made at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, New York. In 1955, Captain Kangaroo debuted on the CBS television network and The Mickey Mouse Club debuted on ABC. In 1942, a V-2 /A4-rocket launched from Test Stand VII at Peenem

so...... when is the new SI sub coming out... seems like it should have been out for a good month or so by now... reviews came out a good 2 months ago.

so...... when is the new SI sub coming out... seems like it should have been out for a good month or so by now... reviews came out a good 2 months ago.

Apparently it is stuck in customs currently...

Apparently it is stuck in customs currently...

That's a whole ordeal in itself. Nick has a different source for next time. Same one Jake uses. Supposedly they are in and out out of customs in 2 days. Beats the weeks that he's been waiting now.

FF85k's

Sweet. Thanks :D

That's a size I could work with....

After I get everything done, I'm pulling the dash pad back off and putting clay on the baskets to see how that works. Depending on what I find for cone treatments I may do that too.