mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

When is Finals, btw?

and where?

11-8 & 11-9 in Nashville :)

Oh Snap! I should go... Its only 670miles down there...

quite a bit farther for me :(

When is Finals, btw?

and where?

Stop off here first.

My ole chevy truck has the infamous '90s paint job that GM put on...

I was talking to someone who told me the problem was actually with PPG and most American vehicles from that era used PPG paints so they all ended up with the paint problem

When is Finals, btw?

and where?

Stop off here first.

ha, that'd be fun, but it's a few hundred miles out of the way

When is Finals, btw?

and where?

It's not in some field in Kentucky? I'm surprised :D

If it was me, I'd personally just keep the body as well as you can without putting extra money into it, and just keep the mechanical side of it in good shape.

Basically what I'm doing.

Primer gives character :P

by hit the fan i mean there' a reason teamssa is basically no more. the chit that happened with dave involved ramos and webster to a degree as well

That is incorrect. Teamssaudio consists of more then 3 people.

who are the other people? never seen or heard of them. just looked at the team section on ssa, and it states "coming sooon"

Team SSA (Dave,Ramos and I) made people at the shows recognize ssa as a true force to be reckoned with in sound quality. don't believe me, ask tom shaw(former world champ),randy eddy(won elite top 30, but lost to dave in meca) if they know who team ssa is and i guarantee you that dave,ramos and i will be mentioned and the list goes on of competitors that are impressed with our cars and sportsmanship.

Dave,ramos and I will be at Meca World finals. Any of you guys from ssa or "team ssa" are welcome to come by and get a demo.

Webster, that is awesome that you guys have done well in MECA SQ. The thing is that we had not heard one single person come to the website, shop, or Icon support page and say they saw the Icon at a MECA SQ show. And in reality, very few people have heard of Tom Shaw or Randy Eddy, even though they are very good at what they do and have accomplished a great deal. So when mentioned in small world of MECA SQ, yeah you guys are going to come up and people will know those guys, but in the big picture, it is quite the opposite. I know that you guys gave out a ton of stickers and brochures to people that came and heard the cars, and that is very cool. But the effects of that were not seen on our end. So the relative perspective has to be considered, especially when we are solely internet based and run.

Next, there are other associations and competitions outside of MECA SQ. We had a number of people compete early on in the season(s), (a few blazers one of whom is still active today, Aerostar van who is also still active, 2 door Tahoe, and a few others in the area of Phoenix some doing car shows too, but most important and notable of all, is the other owner of SSA, Mark did a number of shows and competitions. Mark had to stop doing competitions because we could not afford the constant expense of them. People have no idea how many hours he and I put in every week, and still make $0 from our efforts.

So once again, we are grateful for the exposure and time you guys put in, but we are such a small company and in no way can we keep up with larger more established companies when it comes to funding/sponsoring, and we went above what most companies do anyway, that is a cold hard fact. But I am done talking about this since the "team" was "disbanded" anyway. We have to focus our money and energy on things that will keep the line going and at some point put money in our pockets. End of story.

If it was me, I'd personally just keep the body as well as you can without putting extra money into it, and just keep the mechanical side of it in good shape.

Basically what I'm doing.

Primer gives character :P

HA!

I would cry. The black paint is so rich on this expedition. Someone loved it. I might just see what a new pait job or touch up would cost with my best buddy deal from my friend.

=/

I hope you know Aaron, that what you do for us all as individuals and and on the forum as a hole has a huge impact. The lots of work with no reward has enriched many peoples lives that's for sure.

I hope you know Aaron, that what you do for us all as individuals and and on the forum as a hole has a huge impact. The lots of work with no reward has enriched many peoples lives that's for sure.

:+1:fing05.gif

My ole chevy truck has the infamous '90s paint job that GM put on...

I was talking to someone who told me the problem was actually with PPG and most American vehicles from that era used PPG paints so they all ended up with the paint problem

Friend of mine at a body shop said something about they let the primer flash to long so the color didn't adhere.

I will also say that anytime I can, I purchase through SSA. Even if it's a few more bucks or I have to wait. I wish I would have waited on an iCON or xCON instead of my 18" Q....

I haven't even listened to the woofer yet. It might go into the HT without ever seeing use in the truck.

lol

Any idea the ETA on them?

You'll have to ask Nick. It's a big fiasco now. I just got off the phone with him and he's in KY.

Wow, shit way to end a friday.

Miscommunication with the place we get our steel from, I wanted 1/8"x1/2", I accidentally said 1/2"x1/8", they ordered 1/2"x8". Yea, That was not cool going to pick it up and telling them that I don't want 968$ worth of steel. Not fucking happy right now.

Did my fucking part to fuck up that business relationship. Going back to talk to them again next week about this crap. I'm not going to buy steel that I can't use, but I really want to make this as right as possible.

Experience, what you need before you have it.

by hit the fan i mean there' a reason teamssa is basically no more. the chit that happened with dave involved ramos and webster to a degree as well

who are the other people? never seen or heard of them. just looked at the team section on ssa, and it states "coming sooon"

Team SSA (Dave,Ramos and I) made people at the shows recognize ssa as a true force to be reckoned with in sound quality. don't believe me, ask tom shaw(former world champ),randy eddy(won elite top 30, but lost to dave in meca) if they know who team ssa is and i guarantee you that dave,ramos and i will be mentioned and the list goes on of competitors that are impressed with our cars and sportsmanship.

Dave,ramos and I will be at Meca World finals. Any of you guys from ssa or "team ssa" are welcome to come by and get a demo.

Webster, that is awesome that you guys have done well in MECA SQ. The thing is that we had not heard one single person come to the website, shop, or Icon support page and say they saw the Icon at a MECA SQ show. And in reality, very few people have heard of Tom Shaw or Randy Eddy, even though they are very good at what they do and have accomplished a great deal. So when mentioned in small world of MECA SQ, yeah you guys are going to come up and people will know those guys, but in the big picture, it is quite the opposite. I know that you guys gave out a ton of stickers and brochures to people that came and heard the cars, and that is very cool. But the effects of that were not seen on our end. So the relative perspective has to be considered, especially when we are solely internet based and run.

Increased sales could have happened if someone came to the shows. at every 3x event i have attended, you have speakers,amps,cables etc and they have a sales manager there to setup deals. most manufacturers make that type of move because it's a great way to let the public hear a demo car and try to get shops to make an investment at the show. as for tom and eddy, local car show guys would not know about them, but the people that compete on a national level would know them. what big picture are you talking about? if you are speaking about the car audio industry, i'm sure that most companies know or heard of us. as i said before, representatives from the car audio manufactures are at the shows, and are always going around meeting and getting demos. that's how you network and make money

Next, there are other associations and competitions outside of MECA SQ. We had a number of people compete early on in the season(s), (a few blazers one of whom is still active today, Aerostar van who is also still active, 2 door Tahoe, and a few others in the area of Phoenix some doing car shows too, but most important and notable of all, is the other owner of SSA, Mark did a number of shows and competitions. Mark had to stop doing competitions because we could not afford the constant expense of them. People have no idea how many hours he and I put in every week, and still make $0 from our efforts.

of course their are other orgs. fortunately, most of the top competitors in iasca compete in meca as well. if you think that meca is a local hero organization, you are very wrong.

So once again, we are grateful for the exposure and time you guys put in, but we are such a small company and in no way can we keep up with larger more established companies when it comes to funding/sponsoring, and we went above what most companies do anyway, that is a cold hard fact. But I am done talking about this since the "team" was "disbanded" anyway. We have to focus our money and energy on things that will keep the line going and at some point put money in our pockets. End of story.

good luck with the company. i just wished that things could have been handled in a different way.

Aaron,

if my .02 is not wanted here feel free to delete or edit my post.

While I cannot and will not speak of webster, ramos, or dave in any negative light; I can only speak highly of Mark.

The shows I was able to attend mark was there. Pushing the hell out of SSA. Schmoozing everyone he could about how good SSA is, and YET never talking down to anyone about what equipment they used, or how they were set up.

I understand the fanancial aspect of him no longer going to shows, but I will tell you, he put one hell of a face on SSA, and I know the next time I get a chance to build a system, (whenever that may be) I will not hesitate to go for SSA.

J

Something I did earlier tonight:

gallery_364_157_113206.jpg

It's by no means perfect, but it's the first carving I have ever done. It was fun. Except for taking out the insides, that part was kinda gross. It was like pulling out brains or something.

That's PIMP!

Something I did earlier tonight:

gallery_364_157_113206.jpg

It's by no means perfect, but it's the first carving I have ever done. It was fun. Except for taking out the insides, that part was kinda gross. It was like pulling out brains or something.

nice!

I haven't carved a pumpkin in a few years, definitely need to do that again

Aaron,

if my .02 is not wanted here feel free to delete or edit my post.

While I cannot and will not speak of webster, ramos, or dave in any negative light; I can only speak highly of Mark.

The shows I was able to attend mark was there. Pushing the hell out of SSA. Schmoozing everyone he could about how good SSA is, and YET never talking down to anyone about what equipment they used, or how they were set up.

I understand the fanancial aspect of him no longer going to shows, but I will tell you, he put one hell of a face on SSA, and I know the next time I get a chance to build a system, (whenever that may be) I will not hesitate to go for SSA.

J

I do not have anything to add...at this time at least

Scotch in hand...the Sox on TV...2112 loud...just detoxing from the week. Working well so far :D