mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

The house Amanda has had her eye on dropped a bunch. We are going to check it out Sunday.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/reb/907422930.html

sweet looking house, I like the stone features inside. But......holycrapatthatpricetag.

Yeah, come out here I will take you around. Hide your wallet and 401k. ;)

Aaron, sorry I missed you I was on a conference call with Singapore that went way too long.

No worries, was sitting in traffic on 695 east bound heading to my game.

Yup, I guess denim has plans to kill us! You were way up on the list Sean ;)

I am on the safe end of the list.

I am in the middle. Kinda slacking based off my member number. :P

our lecturer for this class sounds just like david bowie. he has the slow talk too just like ms. bowie from Labrynth. I really cannot focus on him talking about OH- catalysis, he should be talking about how he stole a baby and is wearing tights.

bowie-david-photo-david-bowie-6230855.jpg

We just dropped under the 90s finally

same here, summer finally ended last weekend lol

I woke up to this:

smallsnowhj8.jpg

brrrrrrr

Oh no, it is getting close. :peepwall:

Oh and for those who only know zoolander bowie:

david-bowie-102.jpg

Ford Motor Company's third-quarter earnings report released earlier today basically said, "Times are bad, but we'll be aight." General Motors' just-released earnings report for the same time period says "Holy effin' hell, we're running out of things to cut, please help us!" We'll try and it keep it simple, but the main number is $2.5 billion, as in $2.5 billion lost during the Q3 '08. That compares with a $42.5 billion loss this time last year, but the bulk of that was attributable to a one-time charge against the books. Unfortunately, not only was GM North America revenue down, but the automaker claims the credit crisis has made its way around the world and contributed to losses in GM Europe and GM Asia Pacific, as well as its own financing arm, GMAC.

Here's the bigger story: General Motors burned through $6.9 billion of its cash reserves during Q3 '08, which reduces its bank account from $21 billion at the end of Q2 to $16.2 billion today. That's barely enough for such a big automaker to survive the coming winter, so In response, GM has announced to create an additional $5 billion of liquidity by the end of 2009. Below are the big changes we can expect.

* Retiming select vehicle programs in North America and Europe by three to 12 months, i.e. lengthening product lifecycles

* Deferring capacity expansion projects

* Lower sales promotion spending, i.e. less advertising

* Less support of dealer network activities and channel consolidations

* Scaling back production

* Curtailing discretionary spending (travel, consulting, over-time, etc.)

* Increase reduction in force from 20 to 30%

Three other things deserve mention. The first is that rumors of the Volt being delayed are untrue. In fact, GM says that spending on the Volt and other fuel economy initiatives will be increased. The second is that GM acknowledged it was considering acquiring Chrysler LLC (though it wasn't named directly), but the merger talks have stopped for the time being. And finally, the main message GM wants to get out via its earnings report is that despite cutting spending even more, it considers government aid essential for its survival. So, ball in your court, Obama.

on that note didn't know the nfl decided to go to the thursday games again.

and to sean when he sees this

did u start selvin? :peepwall:

I don't have Selvin, but Torain. And I didn't start him. Looks like ACL though, so off to my IR. I have him for 3 more years though. Damnit, he looked like he was going to be good as well. :(

i sort of wish i was in a dynasty league that would be sort of kool

how many ppl are in your league?j/w

oh had eddie royal, michael prater in yesterdays game

royal got my 34pts

prater(den. kicker) got me 10

not to bad

Ford Motor Company's third-quarter earnings report released earlier today basically said, "Times are bad, but we'll be aight." General Motors' just-released earnings report for the same time period says "Holy effin' hell, we're running out of things to cut, please help us!" We'll try and it keep it simple, but the main number is $2.5 billion, as in $2.5 billion lost during the Q3 '08. That compares with a $42.5 billion loss this time last year, but the bulk of that was attributable to a one-time charge against the books. Unfortunately, not only was GM North America revenue down, but the automaker claims the credit crisis has made its way around the world and contributed to losses in GM Europe and GM Asia Pacific, as well as its own financing arm, GMAC.

Here's the bigger story: General Motors burned through $6.9 billion of its cash reserves during Q3 '08, which reduces its bank account from $21 billion at the end of Q2 to $16.2 billion today. That's barely enough for such a big automaker to survive the coming winter, so In response, GM has announced to create an additional $5 billion of liquidity by the end of 2009. Below are the big changes we can expect.

* Retiming select vehicle programs in North America and Europe by three to 12 months, i.e. lengthening product lifecycles

Three other things deserve mention. The first is that rumors of the Volt being delayed are untrue. In fact, GM says that spending on the Volt and other fuel economy initiatives will be increased. The second is that GM acknowledged it was considering acquiring Chrysler LLC (though it wasn't named directly), but the merger talks have stopped for the time being. And finally, the main message GM wants to get out via its earnings report is that despite cutting spending even more, it considers government aid essential for its survival. So, ball in your court, Obama.

I just took a look at their last 10Q in August, even that wasn't looking too good :)

Apparently they don't file their 10K until February...it'll be interesting to see what that looks like...

I just took a look at their last 10Q in August, even that wasn't looking too good :)

Apparently they don't file their 10K until February...it'll be interesting to see what that looks like...

That info is so silly because they need a full over haul and reassessment of their entire place.

Okay so lets go point by point of the above list.

> Lowering an already mediocre level of quality, fit & finish, reliability, and competitiveness.

> They are way past their limits, they need to run far away from anyone that says or thinks expansion.

> I have been complaining about their relentless advertising, and how the money should be spent on the development and improvement of their sub par line up.

> Nice move, lower dealer support so they are less informed and helpful to the customers with problems with their newly bought vehicles. :Doh:

> No need to produce what they produce now, cutting production numbers should have occurred years ago.

> Too easy.

> GM lay-off's? No, never.

Idiots.

pic.jpg

Possibly the most true one ever.

Oh man, that is funny.

That info is so silly because they need a full over haul and reassessment of their entire place.

> Lowering an already mediocre level of quality, fit & finish, reliability, and competitiveness.

> They are way past their limits, they need to run far away from anyone that says or thinks expansion.

> I have been complaining about their relentless advertising, and how the money should be spent on the development and improvement of their sub par line up.

> Nice move, lower dealer support so they are less informed and helpful to the customers with problems with their newly bought vehicles. :Doh:

> No need to produce what they produce now, cutting production numbers should have occurred years ago.

> Too easy.

Idiots.

I think they should overproduce for the next 3 months like mad, then fire the unions and start hiring realizing that they can't produce for 6 months. Luckily the engineering isn't unionized so they could also use the time to re-evaluate all designs and make improvements.

> Too easy.

Idiots.

I think they should overproduce for the next 3 months like mad, then fire the unions and start hiring realizing that they can't produce for 6 months. Luckily the engineering isn't unionized so they could also use the time to re-evaluate all designs and make improvements.

I believe they can only proceed without the unions if they file for bankruptcy. So, they might be heading in that direction soon.

The gov'n better let them die and restart the right way instead of "saving" them. Worried what our new prez will do about that though.

The gov'n better let them die and restart the right way instead of "saving" them. Worried what our new prez will do about that though.

Not gonna happen, Obama has officially stated the federal gov't will bail out GM