mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I don't now because I don't know enough about sound and how it all works, or what the measurements I could take would mean

So?

Just noting why I do not currently spend 90% of my free time messing around with home audio equipment. I lack the information to make use of everything out there.

I think the dcx might be over kill then. Again, I only need it currently to EQ and work as a HighPassF for my sub in my home theater. I have a Yamaha 7z for all the rest, and I have not even touched any of the eleventybajillion settings on that, as the room is a work in progress. I'm constantly amazed at the power of that receiver. I do not even have it set up to process the picture, but I can tell right away the picture is comming through much clearer than before. What I am trying to say I only need bass management when it comes to processing at the moment.

Tom that is horrific.

My roomate dropped half of a base for one of the billiard tables I had on his toe and it looked just the same. I hope it heals up for you fast.

Once again, I fail at reading comprehension. Didn't see that it was under your nail. That nail is probably going to fall off.

The local stealership wants 214$ for a set of plug wires for my car, no friggin thank you. I'll go with a AC Delco set for 75$

I may have netted a pair of kickpanels for $25. Let's see if the seller holds his part of the deal and ships them :D

That nail looks very painful Tom :(

The local stealership wants 214$ for a set of plug wires for my car, no friggin thank you. I'll go with a AC Delco set for 75$

Sounds about right...

uh, no thanks

It'll hurt WAY less

how might one go about popping it?

woke up this morning and it's still swollen as shit

get a sewing needle, and a lighter

heat up the sewing needle and poke it through your nail.

Done this a couple of times personally.

It will hurt a lil due to the hot needle but i guarantee it will feel alot better with the pressure being released.

pics of the finger when u get done with the procedure :)

I can haz pudding?

Did I just finish the final presentation of my undergraduate career? I do believe so.....

Hotel WifI is slow. . . .

The Arizona Senate has given final approval to a bill that would allow people with concealed weapons permits to carry a gun into a business that serves alcohol.

The 19-8 vote completes legislative action on the bill and sends it to Republican Gov. Jan Brewer. She has not said whether she will sign it, but she has long been a supporter of gun rights.

The measure has pitted powerful groups representing gun and bar owners against each other, sparking a debate about whether guns and alcohol can coexist without bloodshed.

watch your ass at Arizona watering holes...

Yeah I read that too. That sounds brilliant.

I don't see a problem with this. Its still illegal to be intoxicated and carry, it doesn't mean someone is going to strap up and then go try to pick a fight in a bar. But now someone who carries can do so going to lunch in a place that serves alcohol and not have to leave the gun in the car/whatever or carry anyway. Is it still illegal to carry in places where liquor sales make up more than 50? percent profit though? Some states it is flat out illegal to carry anywhere that has a license to sell alcohol, doesn't matter the time of day.

I didn't know about it being illegal to be intoxicated and carry. makes sense, I've just not been exposed to it. And you have to realize that not everybody is as good and disciplined with their concealed carry as you.

Actually the problem is that most people are fucking idiots. I am not arguing against the carry though as it is a right you should have; however, I think we should also make any pre-meditated crime committed with a gun much harsher penalty wise than it is today. Way harsher. In my opinion you lose your right to be considered a person at that point.

Agreed.

The Arizona Senate has given final approval to a bill that would allow people with concealed weapons permits to carry a gun into a business that serves alcohol.

The 19-8 vote completes legislative action on the bill and sends it to Republican Gov. Jan Brewer. She has not said whether she will sign it, but she has long been a supporter of gun rights.

The measure has pitted powerful groups representing gun and bar owners against each other, sparking a debate about whether guns and alcohol can coexist without bloodshed.

I don't see a problem with this. Its still illegal to be intoxicated and carry, it doesn't mean someone is going to strap up and then go try to pick a fight in a bar. But now someone who carries can do so going to lunch in a place that serves alcohol and not have to leave the gun in the car/whatever or carry anyway. Is it still illegal to carry in places where liquor sales make up more than 50? percent profit though? Some states it is flat out illegal to carry anywhere that has a license to sell alcohol, doesn't matter the time of day.

I didn't know about it being illegal to be intoxicated and carry. makes sense, I've just not been exposed to it. And you have to realize that not everybody is as good and disciplined with their concealed carry as you.

Definitely not all gun owners are, but the good majority, if not almost all of people who legally carry are. I don't know the numbers off the top of my head but the number of people who have their permit pulled for abusing it is in the fractions of a percent. There is also zero credible research linking law abiding citizens carrying and more crime.

Well maybe my problem is that all of the violent crimes I've been exposed to or hear about happen at bars. The only two shootings and two stabbings that I've ever heard about in Lawrence happened outside of clubs. I realize that those weapons could have very well been inside cars and pulled out, not conceal carry (In fact I know one was because it was a drive-by shooting in front of a club). But that's just the only information I've been exposed to, so to me violence and bars go hand-in-hand.

shit, i see i just repeated ryan2

Nothing wrong with repeating a good point. :)

Well another problem is just that people get even stupider when drunk. You guys can disagree if you want, but 90% of the fights I've seen involve a drunk person.

But I also realize that the people who actually have concealed carry permits are not likely the problem, it's the ones who conceal carry without a permit. In which case they'd do it whether it was legal or not. So moot points all around.

The Minnesota camping trip was pretty fun. It was so busy we didn't even really have time to sit around the campfire. Doesn't make sense, does it? The first night we couldn't get the fire to go. We did everything short of pour gasoline on the wood, but I'm not even sure that would have worked. The firewood they gave us just wouldn't catch. We didn't get there until about 8pm (after our nearly 12 hour drive), so after setting up the tents we didn't have much time to fool with the fire before just being so tired and wanting to go to sleep.

The next day we went canoeing for about 5.5 hours. My gf and I's canoe flipped over when a gatorade thrown to another boat fell short and we both tried to reach it as we floated by. Luckily the water was only about a foot deep. But it took help from a passing kayaker to get the boat empty of water because it was about 3/4 full and probably weighed 500 pounds. But my camera fell into the water and got soaked :(. It wouldn't turn on after that. Luckily that was the only electronic thing in the boat, and even more lucky was that the only problem was that the batteries shorted out, so after drying and bringing it home to put in some new batteries, it turned on again.

But then that night (friday) it rained on and off from about 5 until 9pm, and that's when we found out our tent leaked. Puddles of water abounded. I found the leaks and patched them up with what we had, but by that time the rain had stopped for good, so all we had to do was dry the floor out by sopping it up with towels and then holding the towels over the fire, then repeat and repeat. Then we got to hold the pillowcases, pillows, and parts of the sleeping bags that got wet over the fire. Everybody else had gone to bed, but my gf and I were still there drying things out. That sucked.

On the 4th we went fishing in the river. I caught an almost 2 pound smallmouth bass almost immediately with a topwater lure. We kept him and ate him the next morning. Very good. Then I switched to some crank and spinnerbaits and caught two northern pike, although I'm fairly certain it was the same one both times. Those lures weren't attracting the bass, so I switched back to the topwater that was working earlier. But on the 4th or 5th cast the lure just broke off and flew to the opposite bank. :( I figure the Pike must have bit through a bit of my line and weakened it, and I never thought to cut off the last foot or two and retie. I was a bit upset. During those first casts I had gotten some hits, too.

Then that night we went to watch fireworks in a nearby town. There was an ice cream store that we ate at and sat in the parking lot to watch the fireworks. The gf and I split a few scoops of blueberry waffle cone flavored ice cream, and it was amazing. I need to try and find out where I can get some. I don't care if they have to ship it to me packed in 100 lbs of dry ice, that stuff is worth it.

Then we drove the 10-11 hours home the next day. That's a long ass drive.

This crossover is asymmetrical 4th order Linkwitz-Riley at 1750 Hz. The slightly steeper tweeter slope along with a slightly shallow woofer slope helps to align the listening axis with the tweeter.

What does this all mean? Its from the Zaph site for the ZA-SR71 kit

This crossover is asymmetrical 4th order Linkwitz-Riley at 1750 Hz. The slightly steeper tweeter slope along with a slightly shallow woofer slope helps to align the listening axis with the tweeter.

What does this all mean? Its from the Zaph site for the ZA-SR71 kit

I gather that is a 4th order slope, but the two curves share no likeness (or symmetry) to each other; might look 'funny' just graphing the curves of the crossover but works with the driver choice. Then again, maybe I have no f'ing clue what I'm doing.

Definitely not all gun owners are, but the good majority, if not almost all of people who legally carry are. I don't know the numbers off the top of my head but the number of people who have their permit pulled for abusing it is in the fractions of a percent. There is also zero credible research linking law abiding citizens carrying and more crime.

Well maybe my problem is that all of the violent crimes I've been exposed to or hear about happen at bars. The only two shootings and two stabbings that I've ever heard about in Lawrence happened outside of clubs. I realize that those weapons could have very well been inside cars and pulled out, not conceal carry (In fact I know one was because it was a drive-by shooting in front of a club). But that's just the only information I've been exposed to, so to me violence and bars go hand-in-hand.

The media fails at mentioning the lawful citizens and seems to forget them. I also do not know of any concealed carry permit holders who will carry into bars in the evenings when drinking and the drunks are out, its just stupid. The argument isn't really about bars in the evening, that is such a small part of places that serve alcohol, think of all the places other than fast food that you eat at that serve alcohol. People seem to make a big deal out of being able to carry into bars in evenings and some people seem to think that the streets will flow red with blood. It just doesn't happen though, people who lawfully carry aren't out for that and don't desire to kill someone, don't want to, but people who carry have realized that it might be necessary to stay alive.

I like their DCX 2496 unit, their Tube preamp and CX2310? crossover unit kinda suck though. They work (most of the time), but thats about it. Definitely not something I would consider unless you are on a uber budget or just need something occasionally.

the dcx looks like one sweet unit. way more than I think I could ever hope to need/use for just sub management. If I understand it correctly though it would be an amazing tool to use as an in home active cross over, am I correct?

That would be fun to use as a project for a really impressive 2 chan in the living room.

When I move into the next house I hope it will have a true dedicated HT room. I would love to build a completely active enveloping experience, and maybe even go as far to build each speaker myself. Hidden huge speakers with an 18+ for bass on each chan, with extremely clear mid and highs.

:floats off into deam theater land:

I would probably end up listening to most 2 chan music with that set up however anyway.

<-- would rather run passive at home, but can surely see the benefit of using the 2496 for "trial" crossovers

.... I would end up changing drivers all the dang time.

I know me. If I had the means, and the space, I would do nothing but putz around with projects like that. I don't now because I don't know enough about sound and how it all works, or what the measurements I could take would mean

You need more rooms. So....come to my house and putz.

The Minnesota camping trip was pretty fun. It was so busy we didn't even really have time to sit around the campfire. Doesn't make sense, does it? The first night we couldn't get the fire to go. We did everything short of pour gasoline on the wood, but I'm not even sure that would have worked. The firewood they gave us just wouldn't catch. We didn't get there until about 8pm (after our nearly 12 hour drive), so after setting up the tents we didn't have much time to fool with the fire before just being so tired and wanting to go to sleep.

The next day we went canoeing for about 5.5 hours. My gf and I's canoe flipped over when a gatorade thrown to another boat fell short and we both tried to reach it as we floated by. Luckily the water was only about a foot deep. But it took help from a passing kayaker to get the boat empty of water because it was about 3/4 full and probably weighed 500 pounds. But my camera fell into the water and got soaked :( . It wouldn't turn on after that. Luckily that was the only electronic thing in the boat, and even more lucky was that the only problem was that the batteries shorted out, so after drying and bringing it home to put in some new batteries, it turned on again.

But then that night (friday) it rained on and off from about 5 until 9pm, and that's when we found out our tent leaked. Puddles of water abounded. I found the leaks and patched them up with what we had, but by that time the rain had stopped for good, so all we had to do was dry the floor out by sopping it up with towels and then holding the towels over the fire, then repeat and repeat. Then we got to hold the pillowcases, pillows, and parts of the sleeping bags that got wet over the fire. Everybody else had gone to bed, but my gf and I were still there drying things out. That sucked.

On the 4th we went fishing in the river. I caught an almost 2 pound smallmouth bass almost immediately with a topwater lure. We kept him and ate him the next morning. Very good. Then I switched to some crank and spinnerbaits and caught two northern pike, although I'm fairly certain it was the same one both times. Those lures weren't attracting the bass, so I switched back to the topwater that was working earlier. But on thoe 4th or 5th cast the lure just broke off and flew to the opposite bank. :( I figure the Pike must have bit through a bit of my line and weakened it, and I never thought to cut off the last foot or two and retie. I was a bit upset. During those first casts I had gotten some hits, too.

Then that night we went to watch fireworks in a nearby town. There was an ice cream store that we ate at and sat in the parking lot to watch the fireworks. The gf and I split a few scoops of blueberry waffle cone flavored ice cream, and it was amazing. I need to try and find out where I can get some. I don't care if they have to ship it to me packed in 100 lbs of dry ice, that stuff is worth it.

Then we drove the 10-11 hours home the next day. That's a long ass drive.

Dang, knew you were coming but didnt; realize it was then. Should have stopped by.

uh, no thanks

It'll hurt WAY less

Poke a needle into it. I'd soak it in a bit of alk-y-hall first.

[ ft nam fe=///M5' date='07 July 2009 - 07:52 AM' timestamp='1246974767' post='536957]

uh, no thanks

It'll hurt WAY less

poke a needle into it but soak it in alky-ahll first