mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

done with powerpoint for the summer! no more goddamn presentations to give, just a poster colloquium tomorrow and then i cashout friday.

speaking of sea food it'll be time to dip into that stipend and treat myself to some of the local surf 'n turf. i get pretty spoiled living a mile from the greatest ocean on earth :D

done with powerpoint for the summer! no more goddamn presentations to give, just a poster colloquium tomorrow and then i cashout friday.

speaking of sea food it'll be time to dip into that stipend and treat myself to some of the local surf 'n turf. i get pretty spoiled living a mile from the greatest ocean on earth :D

what fish do you have that are local right now?

MD crab > king crab. :P

MD crab > king crab. :P

You've never had good KC then. Not knockin' blues, but just as with any sort of water bug the legs/claws > body/tail meat.

Yesterday in 695 traffic, I poasted.

what fish do you have that are local right now?

i'm not sure what's in season and that sort of thing but we seem to have an endless supply of fresh caught assorted bass and halibut as well as crustaceons and shellfish. apparently they even catch salmon, bonita, barracuda and yellowfins off the channel islands here.

Testing again. Bitching sunset here tonight too.

Always interesting when stuff breaks when it isn't supposed to.

Once this next check comes in time to start work on my .45. New sights melted into the slide, trigger work, grip work, and are what I can find for a longer barrel to thread.

I know how all you guys are picture fanatics. I will have some tonight(if I remember) just for funsies.

Special one for the AZ yetti, I think he would appreciate.

<3 pics :)

its too hot today

Holy shit! Where have you been?

it runs!

But did you cut its hair?

What size fuse does it need?

YOU SEE THIS?! THIS IS MY NEW FUCKIN HAIRCUT!

hells ya it was hot!

I crawled around in my attic today running a Ethernet cable to my bedroom. So my brother can play his xbox in our room.

I was probably up there for 30-45 minutes max, and i was dripping sweat when i came down!

it was crazy hot!

makes me sort of glad i didnt work with my uncle this summer and do A/C work

I need more hours in a day. Thirty hour days would work for me.

I dunno about this year. My grandma is on her way out and they are measuring time in weeks..... And if she goes I don't forsee grandpa really wanting to hang out for much longer either.

That would make some 6 funerals this year, and after the 2 this week, I'm all done with greif.

I'll share some so you don't feel so alone. Got a call today from my mom, she said my aunt that beat breast cancer 7-8 years ago has cancer again. This time it's in her lungs, blood, lymph nodes, and bones, and is terminal. I guess the only thing they can do is give her a little bit of treatment to keep it from going to her brain as long as possible, which is inevitable and is the lethal part. They said likely 12-15 months.

At first I was sad, obviously. Then as she told me more details, like how she has gotten PET scans every two years (that's how they found this, saw the bumps in her lungs) and chemo pills or shots or something every couple of months since her breast cancer days, I became more pissed at the doctors for not catching it earlier, perhaps when it was still treatable. It seems to me that if it's already in four different systems, that it's had a bit of time to manifest (granted some cancers move fast), and I just thought that a PET scan only every 2 years was very inadequate for somebody who had just beaten cancer in their 40s.

I have a friend who has had a cancer every year of his life since age 2. They said he'd never live to 3 and he's just turned 32. He keeps getting cancer, then beats it, and it pops up somewhere else. I think once it comes out, it's only a matter of time before it spreads, whether cured or not. Most people who have had it before will get it again.

3816818622_96da915e85_b.jpg

^-------dinner last week. Egg made steaks and 'bella's with a blue cheese melty crust. Thin sliced potato's au gratin. Fresh farmers sweet corn. OHM NOM NOM

And for Tom. Find it drink it love it. I wish I had some right now.....

3816818304_1ce5c8f60c_b.jpg

and teh gadget pron with my new winmob upgrade! fing05.gif

3816005675_cb19eb7f90_b.jpg