mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

uh oh...

she also didnt sleep well from the 800 pounds of beef she consumed.

For me that just sets me up for sleeping. I held way back though. Didn't eat what I could have.

I'm going to have to buy something "pretty" this weekend I think. Might be a good morning to have a cocktail with my coffee.

;)

Morning Aaron & Ryan. Guess we know who has children on the site. :D

I woke up at 6:30, as per custom, but I was like heck no and laid there for as long as it took to fall back asleep, which seemed like forever. Didn't wake up again till after 11 :). I needed that, didn't get to bed till 1:30.

Well now that I've wasted half the day already I supposed I should get ready to make the 3 hour drive to my parents'.

Yeah the whole dealership thing ended up being a bust...not nearly enough volume movement at that particular location to warrant much more than minimum wage...if that....

Sean seemed to missed it so I'm reposting it :P

Complete breakdown since I have to time to post it now:

Scheduled the interview for 1:00PM Tuesday

Showed up for the interview at 12:47PM, filled out the job application, nailed the interview; interviewer tells me I need to go take a piss test, which I pass with flying colors (obviously) and show up Wednesday for the start of "training" at 9:30. Interviewer strongly suggests I show up at 9:15.

I show up Wednesday morning at 9:13AM and the "training" starts. Turns out the first day is mental conditioning day...synergy, teamwork, yadda yadda yadda...towards the end of the day (finally) he gets around to pay structure, which is as follows:

Guaranteed $1,000 per month. This covers the first 5 cars I sell, $200 commission per car, since 200 x 5 = 1,000. So basically if I sell 0 cars I get a grand, if I only sell 2 I still get a grand, etc. etc.

If I manage to sell 6-10 commission goes up to $250 per car. If I sell 6 a month I earn $1,500 gross for that month. If I sell 7 a month, I earn $1,750 gross for that month, etc.

If I manage to sell 11-14 commission goes up to $275 per car. If I sell 11 a month I earn $3,025 gross for that month. If I sell 12 a month, I earn $3,300 gross for that month, etc.

If I manage to sell 15+ commission goes up to $300 per car. If I sell 15 a month I earn $4,500 gross for that month. If I sell 16 a month, I earn $4,800 gross for that month, etc.

Comprehensive health insurance kicks in at 6 months.

401k and Paid Vacations kick in at the year mark.

Manufacturer Incentives, Spiffs, Bonuses vary accordingly

Sounds good on paper, however, in the hour or so I spend Tuesday at the dealership, and the 8 or so hours I spend there Wednesday, not one person comes to the dealership. Not even for parts or service. Considering this is a town of less than 10,600 I guess that's a given though...

So basically I'd have to sell at least two cars a week, every week, just to make ends meet...which is about all I could hope for in that small of a town...

As far as the demographics:

The median income for a household in the city was $30,694, and the median income for a family was $35,155. Males had a median income of $27,416 versus $18,872 for females. The per capita income for the city was $14,464. About 16.5% of families and 20.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 27.1% of those under age 18 and 17.1% of those age 65 or over.

Waylon now has a giant splotch of taupe semi gloss on one of his haunches....gg dog

isolated thunderstorms...raaaaaaaawk

Morning Aaron & Ryan. Guess we know who has children on the site. :D

Yeah.

So today we commenced on our bathroom remodel. The bitch was to do all the demo, and I'd do everything else. I removed all the fixtures and showed here exactly what needed to be done. 2 hours later I hear screams. I go up there and she's holding her hand, so I immediately knew what was wrong. Well, turns out she wanted to Rambo some shit, and swing the crow bar like a baseball bat, albeit with one hand, and managed to smash her index finger which she conveniently placed in the blow zone of the bar. Yeah. So, her finger is fucked, she managed to remove about 15 sq.ft. of drywall and guess who has to do everything now. . . .

So today we commenced on our bathroom remodel. The bitch was to do all the demo, and I'd do everything else. I removed all the fixtures and showed here exactly what needed to be done. 2 hours later I hear screams. I go up there and she's holding her hand, so I immediately knew what was wrong. Well, turns out she wanted to Rambo some shit, and swing the crow bar like a baseball bat, albeit with one hand, and managed to smash her index finger which she conveniently placed in the blow zone of the bar. Yeah. So, her finger is fucked, she managed to remove about 15 sq.ft. of drywall and guess who has to do everything now. . . .

Time to send the woman hunting?

J

haha aww poor kitty.

Good luck with the job Peng. Sucks that vacation only begins after a whole year. In case I missed it, is that a new car dealership? It will be tough to sell enough new cars in that size town with that income level. Good luck.

I don't know how I'm still up. I haven't been up this late in forever. Maybe it's the excitement of an old flame possibly being relit.

Put the old 15" Mag v.2 in the ported box back into the Explorer, along with the Crossfire BMF1000D that I just had refurbished. Man I missed those lows. The rooooock.

But the sub has a tapping sound. :( I figured it was an air leak but couldn't find one. Maybe I'll have to look harder. At least it's not noticeable from the front seat with the sub facing backwards. I thought it was maybe from the gasket so I tried some of the ugly tape around it, but no results.

Great, 4 hours of sleep. Thanks brain.

Does anybody know of a good trick to rid a rattle from the upper corners of the back glass of an SUV up by the hinges? Seems like a very difficult spot to do anything with.

Hell there's no way I'm taking the job at the dealership...I've got better things to do than sit on my ass all day...

my roomate would kill for that job. He's working security watching cheer leaders for 8 bucks an hour maybe once a week.

He's only been unemployed for 20 months.

well.... put 0 gauge grounds from batt to chassi. batt to starter. starter to frame.

weird ford grounds.... so anywhoosle. still blowing fuses and truck not starting. there goes the bad ground theory!

time to take off the starter and test it at o rielies.