mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I need surrpound sound for the living room

What are your mains?

I take it u mean main desires?

Honestly not much.............just loud clear sound effects for my movies and sporting events............Wife has a hard on for Bose

I meant mains as in main two speakers :)

Bose is a HUGE waste of money. Better sound through marketing. ie, if you think JL is overpriced then consider this. Bose is at least 10x more overpriced than JL. The only difference is that JL actually uses good drivers to begin with, Bose uses marketing gimics to make things work.

Is it the size of the blose she likes or the sound? if it is the sound it will be easy to sway her as a simple A/B test will take care fo that shit.

my wife likes size and form factor of blose. She has the ipod dock and wants something louder/ better for watching movies in the living room. I love that she gave me the nod to create a living room system, but Im sad that she wants small form factor. I wanted it to be dedicated 2 chan room and the mini ht

Amusingly I never broke 130 in the Lotus, but was over 120 a few times. The amusing part was that it was only in corners.

If you haven't driven an Elise bodied car :doit:

how in the name of shit did u fit in there. My right foot hits both brake and gas. My head is above the windsheild. Im a big fatty so I dont squeeze in, but your taller than myself so WTF????

I had to stop at lights nearly a block away to see them. No shoes on to shift, and the wheel was well tucked between my legs. 4" longer though and I might buy one. :Doh:

I need surrpound sound for the living room

What are your mains?

I take it u mean main desires?

Honestly not much.............just loud clear sound effects for my movies and sporting events............Wife has a hard on for Bose

I meant mains as in main two speakers :)

Bose is a HUGE waste of money. Better sound through marketing. ie, if you think JL is overpriced then consider this. Bose is at least 10x more overpriced than JL. The only difference is that JL actually uses good drivers to begin with, Bose uses marketing gimics to make things work.

Is it the size of the blose she likes or the sound? if it is the sound it will be easy to sway her as a simple A/B test will take care fo that shit.

my wife likes size and form factor of blose. She has the ipod dock and wants something louder/ better for watching movies in the living room. I love that she gave me the nod to create a living room system, but Im sad that she wants small form factor. I wanted it to be dedicated 2 chan room and the mini ht

Small form factor = in wall speakers :)

Posting from class on the phone. Professor is having problems getting the computer to work.

Amusingly I never broke 130 in the Lotus, but was over 120 a few times. The amusing part was that it was only in corners.

how in the name of shit did u fit in there. My right foot hits both brake and gas. My head is above the windsheild. Im a big fatty so I dont squeeze in, but your taller than myself so WTF????

I had to stop at lights nearly a block away to see them. No shoes on to shift, and the wheel was well tucked between my legs. 4" longer though and I might buy one. :Doh:

thats why people come in my size, someone as tall as you wouldn't look right standing up out of a car that small anyway.

'm trying to design a drive shaft and was curious if you guys had any idea what a typical driveshaft is made of, what are some typical lightweight alternatives and what are their yield strengths.

I am doing some calculations and for an engine producing 13.75 ft*lbs of torque (at the crank then goes through a 3.83:1 and a 9:1 Reduction [34.47:1 total]) I'm getting a 1.15" shaft when using a safety factor of 2.

I'm using the Tau=T*r/J equation and a yield strength of 40ksi (20ksi with a safety factor of 2) [6061-T6 Aluminum]

Seems like a little big for such a low power engine. In comparison if I use something like a 500 ft*lb torque engine I'm getting a 3+" shaft which is obviously

not right

light weight and strong.... carbon fiber comes to mind!

A team tried CF shafts last year and they failed miserably. We definitely want something more solid

All forms sure, but the fact is that the moral values that are different are what scare me. Not accepting fellow man as an equal is NEVER ok.

I beleive all men should equal freedoms, but for me that's where it ends. And the fredome should be absolute. I wouldn't truely say all men are equall however.

I didnt see the video though so what I took from the current convorsation may not apply

do unto others as you would like to yourself.

which is the whole reason religion exists at all in my life. the child needs to have some direction and damnit its going to be the right direction.

Of course the only other reason there is a religion is that people are skeered that they are mortal. Death brings up questions that have no answers, the easy solution is to make something up.

it's too bad most religions cannot acknowledge what you just said, and even more sad that their are religious fanatics willing to kill/die to protect their ignorant beliefs. people will do a lot of bullshit in the name of faith, except acknowledge their uncertainty.

the wife of a guy I know killed their kids and herself this weekend

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/news/articles/2009/09/20/20090920murdersuicide0921-CP.html

:(

thats worse than last months funerals with the murder/suicide I was at. At least he left the kids. Not sane but he let them live.

I hope you and those close have a way to deal.

best of luck.

Also to you porkchop. Hope the Gson is ok. I couldnt reply to your poast and only your poast so I couldnt respond.

Best to u both.

A team tried CF shafts last year and they failed miserably. We definitely want something more solid

Yep, definetly need a tougher material than just CF for your application.

do unto others as you would like to yourself.

which is the whole reason religion exists at all in my life. the child needs to have some direction and damnit its going to be the right direction.

Of course the only other reason there is a religion is that people are skeered that they are mortal. Death brings up questions that have no answers, the easy solution is to make something up.

winner winner chicken dinner.

I feel parallel towards your philosophy with the little fella.

Sean plus integra equal win?

I thought you left. :)

Going to HiFi Sound today to audition some speaks. After that I will know what I will build. I almost ordered an 876 yesterday and am still contemplating it, but also interested in saving some dough and going the Integra route.

Good good. Get this unit out of mah house!

FAT GUY IN A LITTLE CAR TOP!!

fat guy little coat

fat guy little coat

fat guy little coat

fat guy in a little cooooooooooaaaaaaaaatttttt

All forms sure, but the fact is that the moral values that are different are what scare me. Not accepting fellow man as an equal is NEVER ok.

I beleive all men should equal freedoms, but for me that's where it ends. And the fredome should be absolute. I wouldn't truely say all men are equall however.

I didnt see the video though so what I took from the current convorsation may not apply

^----- that poast reads poorly.

I didn't intend to sound like some self rightous SOB endorsing bigotry.

My intent was to say that I think all people deserve the same chances. The also deserve to not be held back or underfoot of those in their government. I also feel that those who choose to do nothing, and enjoy making poor decisions for their health and wellfare should reap what they have sewn.

I didn't know fire was hot untill I grabbed a hot pan. I probably should have listened, but that memory can be used to guide me in good decision making processes or I can do nothing productive with that information and cry, whine, and complain and get nothing in return.

Those that do not work or think should not be gifted anything IMHO. So in that vein of beleif I would say we don't all deserve equal things. Just allowed equivelant freedoms. Which now in reading back over the discussion sounds like Seans intent.

Boo nanny government.

Hooray leave me the eff alone government.

2nd time you got my meaning matt. Most people are stupid so that definetely isn't what I meant by equal ;)

Poasts from a red robin. Wanted a hamburger and it was close. Just ordered and am already regretting my decision

Ahhh, scoreboards for teh sq competition are here :)

I lost big time on imaging and focus because of the out of phase mid.

Better luck next time :lol:

Overcooked, shitty relish, and unlomited crappy fries. Doh!!

Overcooked, shitty relish, and unlomited crappy fries. Doh!!

sorry mang!

I like red robin for shitty burgers. Their onion rings make me happy.

2nd time you got my meaning matt. Most people are stupid so that definetely isn't what I meant by equal ;)

Yah yoo betcha.

I didnt take into account who poasted the statement and I think I only read the context 1 time.

Either would have enlightened me to the meaning of your poast... especially so that it was you and not some idiot with some brotherly love diatribe.

=)

RR makes on OK turkey burger IMHO too.

Mine at home are better. I love a venisen/buffalo with turkey. Put some butter on that bish while its grilling. Oh em gee!