mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

HydroEdge or Exalto A/S would be my choice...then again I'm a Michelin whore...

Those look promising. Never used Michelin before but there is always a first.

Currently riding on GY Assurance Comfort tread

GoodYear is shit. In fact, they are on the edge of bankruptcy due to and extreme loss of sales the past 5 years. I have had GYs on two car and both have literally been the shittiest tires I've ever used.

I've used many Michelins but only because I got a deal on them. They are by far, some of the best handling and longest lasting tires I've used, and I'm not exactly easy on tires. They're just so damned expensive, but in this case, you actually get more than you pay for.

All you pacific time zoners, there is a show called Trailer Park Boys on direct tv channel 239. It's on tonight at 10pm. Funny as hell I tell you.

Trailer Park Boys...some of the best entertainment to ever come out of Canada...

"what the hells a shit hawk julian?? sounds like some shttiy kinda bird that craps all over everything"

"Man thats too many 'n'um sayins. 3 or 4 'n'um sayins are ok, but 80 or 90 times??!. 'n'um sayin."

I love the early 80's with the black wheels. :)

something like this?

1980-porsche-911sc.jpg

I think when I was turning 16 a friend of our was selling an 80s model porche. Really wish I could have scored that.

I go into work this morning just to do some computer work. Of course I get bombarded by people telling me about things that are broken. Of course they cannot put a work order in, they just tell me 50 things so I can do five of them and forget the rest. Way to follow the system.

So a toilet seat on a child's toilet is snapped in half in the family restroom. Get on Grainger's site to order a new one, and of course, all they have listed are standard seats. So I google to no avail. Call American Standard to get a part number or just order the part and the lady on the phone tells me they make no such toilet, even though it says right below the spud, "American Standard." SO I get on their site, check a catalog and give her the part number of the toilet. Well guess what, they make the toilet. Apparently, she was scrolling through her list and couldn't find anything because they call it a toddler toilet and I called it a children's toilet. I guess common sense is just non-existent these days.

sounds about right

and you were talkin to a woman...

Kind of like last night for me. My uncle had a retirement party at Perrys steakhouse. They had a limited menu with a Porkchop, chicken, tenderloin, or salmon option. My mom said she wanted the steak and the guy said they didn't have steak.

going to the 2 sons' funeral today...

:grouphug:

I went to the Polaris dealership today and found out that the guy who we have dealt with since buying our first four wheeler passed away. It hit me a lot harder than I expected.

GoodYear is shit. In fact, they are on the edge of bankruptcy due to and extreme loss of sales the past 5 years. I have had GYs on two car and both have literally been the shittiest tires I've ever used.

I've used many Michelins but only because I got a deal on them. They are by far, some of the best handling and longest lasting tires I've used, and I'm not exactly easy on tires. They're just so damned expensive, but in this case, you actually get more than you pay for.

<--- another michelin whore :)

When I was considering street tires for my truck I was looking a Michelin... FWIW lol I would definitely give them a try trav.

going to the 2 sons' funeral today...

:grouphug:

x2

Make that 3

I may have to disagree. Goodyear holds the leading market share in the US, latin america, china, and india. Sure its sales growth has only increased 3 of the last 5 years, but the economy hurt last year. Sales were still above 5 years ago, though. And they had trouble with a strike one year, but they just signed new deals with worker unions. Which, as with most industries, the unions suck the companies dry.

I have Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors on my Explorer, and I've had them on for 20,000 miles and they still look brand new. And I've never had problems with traction at all. I think a KY jelly truck could spill all over the road and I'd stay glued to it.

But I know I'm biased (and defensive) because my dad runs a Goodyear store. So I'm sorry you had bad experiences.

A lobbying success story of milk: Unnatural, unhealthy, unwise

By Beth Mendenhall

Well that sucks. I love milk. I drink a gallon per week.

But my boss was just talking today about how goat milk is better for you than cow's milk. He owns goats.

Is lactose not found in human milk though?

I need to do that gallon challenge sometime.

Got my first layer of mud on the bathroom tonight. Sanding tomorrow and moving up to the 8" knife. Good thing is I used a setting compound so I didn't have to apply thinset to the cement board.

A wet sponge is easier than sanding IMO. By wet I mean barely damp.

Done that before and will never do it again. The sponge contours you your hand an wall. I prefer to sand to get uniform pressure throughout the joint and relieve the high/low spots at the same time.

My basement looked great after primer. Once I applied the paint, every joint stuck out like a sore thumb. Thankfully 90% of them are covered and it's not a public room, so I left it alone.

You are putting on too much mud if you get it to contour to your hand. Dilute your mud with more water before it goes on and treat it more like bondo. I would completely avoid sanding if at all possible. Also get a tile sponge, much easier to not push wrong on and don't use force just lightly go over it. It will work. If you have ridges and have put it on thick then you will need to sand and are doing a lot of extra work.

I love the early 80's with the black wheels. :)

I'll have to take some pics of my neighbor's driveway.

I am sure someone beat me to it, but I don't care :stfu:

Plasma >>> LCD IMO

ORLY?

I suppose if cost was no factor. WHen I went shopping I couldn't find anything plasma @ 52" or bigger that was under 2k that I liked.

I got 2 sharp aques lcds instead.

Blacks, action, sharpness. The only bummer with Plasma's IMO are rooms with too many windows. Actually another bummer, only Panny & Pio make good ones and Pio is leaving the market.

I heard the 944's are the most expensive of all older Porsche's to repair and maintain.

Huh? Cheapest outside of the 914 by FAR.

Not sure where you could have heard that. The 911's are a wreck, just try and work on one once and you will know what I mean. Then of course there is the 928 which is literally two 944 engines bolted together pretty much and it didn't work so well.

The only expensive thing on a 944 is the timing belt, well and the $600 tool used to tension it that you need to use when you put it on and 1000miles later to retension. That is fucking stupid. The turbo is a little worse, but only because of the turbo.

I am the opposite. I have nearly nothing good to say about Michelin.

By Beth Mendenhall

But my boss was just talking today about how goat milk is better for you than cow's milk. He owns goats.

I just posted the article for the humor value, it was in the Collegian on wednesday. She has got to be one of the dumber people here at school....

I don't know shit about tires other than when I need them I go to the local tire man and ask what he has.

By Beth Mendenhall

I just posted the article for the humor value, it was in the Collegian on wednesday. She has got to be one of the dumber people here at school....

I thought it kinda sounded like she was leading a save the cows campaign or something.

Some of the other articles are just so full of stupid it isn't even funny. Her views on life are so far wacked out it is just depressing.

The asian diet is interesting though.

Less animal protein period, no milk, lots of vegetables, fish and they live a long time.

Unless imageshack considers that shot inappropriate

No BFG AT?

sad to say i doubt i can sport the BFG AT on the Max :)

Crap, my fault, why was I thinking about a truck? :Doh: My bad. I turned sigs back on just now.

By Beth Mendenhall

Crap, my wife stopped lactating a little over a year ago. What was I thinking, I should have kept that gravy train rolling, would have had custom made human milk and retained the uber bewbies! :)