mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I am also in sales. That statement is 10000% accurate for my industry. However, it does apply to the professional world to, you just can't cop as much attitude when doing it as I can get away with.

It would help to know the position you are applying for if you want tailored advice.

*shit, just realized I should probably look for a job. Just because I have one I like is not a good excuse.

The thing is I don't know what to expect at all, especially since I'm not interviewing for a specific job

Just read this arfter my last post :Doh:

How do you apply for not a specific job?

We really just apply for an entry-level engineering degree through most companies.

This can mean being a reliability engineer, safety engineer, rotating machines, maintenance, etc.. etc..

Heck, a lot of companies rotate you like crazy for the first few years. Its not uncommon to have 5 different jobs in the first few years inside the company

So I was going to turn the 220v for my rangetop into 220v for my saw and a couple 110v's for the garage.

Funny wiring though.

1 black

1 black with red stripe

1 big fucking ground

I go downstairs and the "ground" is attached to the neutral on the electrical panel.

Don't the two hots mean that it is "2 phase". I figured single phase should be 1 neutral and 1 hot.

Also curious if I can use the "ground-like" neutral as a neutral for the 110v circuits (through a panel of course). Just doesn't seem safe to me to have a neutral without a casing on it. In particular when it supports 40A at 220v.

Lastly, the saw has two of the sideways terminals on the plug. Does this mean that it only gets the two hots and not a neutral?

*obviously knows nothing about AC power in houses and while I did search rather quickly considering this isn't like I expected I thought I'd post*

**a bottle and a half of wine will keep me from doing anything with it tonight anyways :) **

Any tips from you seasoned vets?

Be on the aggressive, don't wait for them to ask for highlights, and don't let for any awkward silences. :)

Heck, a lot of companies rotate you like crazy for the first few years. Its not uncommon to have 5 different jobs in the first few years inside the company

<-- 300 employees is the biggest company I have ever worked for. Only 40 were in the US. Needless to say I've never been rotated.

Be on the aggressive, don't wait for them to ask for highlights, and don't let for any awkward silences. :)

Sort of what I said. Perhaps to clarify, it is impossible for someone to ask you too many questions if you are the one asking. ALL situations in life work better when you are leading this way. No one really wants to hear anyone tell them anything, but when you ask the world opens up.

If you haven't figured this out yet, start trying it on women. Your closing percentages will SKYROCKET.

I have been watching this Discovery special on this major finding of a 4.4 million year old skeletal fossil more then the game.

Speaking of which, I am gonna log off and get me some ass.

Holy fuck, several inches of snow potentially overnight. My boat is still in the water

Due to her training for a 10k and the early training times, the wifey is asleep before junior Saturday and Sunday nights.

Holy fuck, several inches of snow potentially overnight. My boat is still in the water

Pulled the snowmobiles out, put the winter tires on, put the IROC and bike away, and gave the grass its final cutting of the year ... we are in the same situation up here. Driving back to work tomorrow (a day early) just to avoid the weather on Tuesday.

Pulled the snowmobiles out, put the winter tires on, put the IROC and bike away, and gave the grass its final cutting of the year ... we are in the same situation up here. Driving back to work tomorrow (a day early) just to avoid the weather on Tuesday.

Yikes. Don't know how you can deal with the cold.

Sort of what I said. Perhaps to clarify, it is impossible for someone to ask you too many questions if you are the one asking. ALL situations in life work better when you are leading this way. No one really wants to hear anyone tell them anything, but when you ask the world opens up.

If you haven't figured this out yet, start trying it on women. Your closing percentages will SKYROCKET.

your clarification confused me? lol particularly the bold

your clarification confused me? lol particularly the bold

This is because women don't care about what you have to say or your feelings or thoughts, they want to hear themselves talk about themselves and want to feel you want to hear them talk about themselves too.

So I was going to turn the 220v for my rangetop into 220v for my saw and a couple 110v's for the garage.

Funny wiring though.

1 black

1 black with red stripe

1 big fucking ground

I go downstairs and the "ground" is attached to the neutral on the electrical panel.

Don't the two hots mean that it is "2 phase". I figured single phase should be 1 neutral and 1 hot.

Also curious if I can use the "ground-like" neutral as a neutral for the 110v circuits (through a panel of course). Just doesn't seem safe to me to have a neutral without a casing on it. In particular when it supports 40A at 220v.

Lastly, the saw has two of the sideways terminals on the plug. Does this mean that it only gets the two hots and not a neutral?

*obviously knows nothing about AC power in houses and while I did search rather quickly considering this isn't like I expected I thought I'd post*

**a bottle and a half of wine will keep me from doing anything with it tonight anyways :) **

Ground and Neutral are tied together back at the box, just the way it works. You should have 120v from one hot to ground, and 120v from the other hot to ground, and 220v across the hots.

FYI: If you were wiring a 3-phase piece of equipment and it turns backwards, you just have to switch any two wires and it'll switch rotational direction.

Nice numbers Tom. Is there any areas where you can shave weight?

not really, there might've been 5lbs to take out when I was racing, but the car is already pretty light. I think it's about 3200 lbs with me in it.

Goddamn...........Makes me miss NY ALOT............Here in AZ (or as the case is now San Antonio) its just cool, overcast and a lil rainy.

J

aww shit thank god this weekend is over! worked all three days....on saturday 8am-1:30am :suicide-santa::suicide-santa::werd_msword:

but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :woot::woot::woot::woot:

fuck the yanks, should be another game. robbed in game 2 and no retribution. imagine fucking that. not only do they buy a title with players, but with umps to. :(

Bullshit. They had many bad calls against them as well. People just don't pay any attention to it unless it affects them negatively.

fuck the yanks, should be another game. robbed in game 2 and no retribution. imagine fucking that. not only do they buy a title with players, but with umps to. :(

I know Ryan is going to hate me too for quoting, but I have watched the Yankees play for my entire life, so I think I have a good grasp on the situation.

You're an 'O's fan and a U2 Fan. I know better.

Got an interview with Exxon on Thursday. First interview of the year.

I'm kind of disappointed now that I didn't apply for some other jobs I didn't want to work for to knock the interview rust off.

Good Luck!

Tom, how have your interviews gone?