mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Granted, I think it's a bit much, especially given the pay, but in this economy, take what you can get and don't bitch. There are millions of people who would love just to have the opportunity to even interview with them.

Suuposedly the stats are saying there are at least 5 people looking for work for every job opening. :(

A Florida man says he was the victim of a racially motivated attack Monday, when he was punched by a black teenager for listening to rap music.

David McKnight, 22, was playing the song “Wasted” by Gucci Mane when, he says, he was confronted by 14-year-old Joshua Lamb, WFTV.com reports.

"The argument involved the black male suspect saying, ‘You shouldn't be listening to rap music because you're white,' " said Palm Bay police spokeswoman Yvonne Martinez.

When McKnight, who is Caucasian, refused to turn off the music, Lamb and a group of friends assaulted him.

"I couldn't get away fast enough," McKnight told WFTV. "One of them spit on me, punched me, knocked me down ... I got a couple of kicks in from a couple of them."

McKnight told police Lamb was with at least seven others.

"I told him to drop it. I was like, ‘Just drop it, let's go, there is eight of you and one of me. Just drop it,' " McKnight said. "And he says, ‘I'm not dropping anything.’ Bam! [He] punched me."

McKnight did not retaliate and, according to the police report obtained by The Smoking Gun, he "fled before any further battery could take place."

But WFTV reported that he suffered a swollen eye, broken toe, concussion and choke marks around his neck in the fight.

"I feel it's a racial thing, really," McKnight said.

Police officers who showed up shortly after the incident arrested Lamb on battery charges, and he is currently being held in a juvenile detention center.

If state prosecutors decide to charge Lamb with a hate crime, the battery charge could turn into a felony.

I refuse to live in an HOA environment.

Our's blows.

oh yes, they do kings also; California kings on top of that!

king_loft_bed_Sinek.jpg

Wow, I like that!

S1000.1.jpg

9.1" L x 6.9" W x 2.1" H

I have been following their new stuff on the PG Phorum. Nothing spectacular for the new models, but some nice designs and specs.

loft_bed_dooman_newest.jpg

like so; that is a queen sized mattress, btw

If it comes in king I'll do it now in the current bedroom!

Wife might not like that too much.....

I hope you have tall ceilings.....

500x_annerice.jpg

500x_annerice2.jpg

Winner winner, kosher chicken dinner. :P

On this date...

In 762, Baghdad was founded. In 1502, Christopher Columbus landed at Guanaja off the coast of Honduras during his fourth voyage. In 1729, Baltimore, Maryland was founded. In 1930, Uruguay won the FIFA world cup. In 1956, In God We Trust, was established as the U.S. national motto. In 1965, Medicare and Medicaid were established. Happy Birthday Ferdinando l de' Medici (1549-1609), Georg Wilhelm von Siemens (1855-1919), Henry Ford (1863-1947), Fatima Jinnah (1893-1967), Sir Clive Sinclair (1940), Arnold Shwarzenegger (1947), Jean Reno (1948), Laurence Fishburne (1961), Tom Green (1971), Hilary Swank (1974). RIP Pope Benedict I (579), Maria Theresa of Spain (1683), Otto von Bismarck (1898).

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau

Baltimore and Baghdad were founded on the same day; how fitting :peepwall:\

roasted pepper salsa and cheddar egg scramble...so simple yet so goooooood

So, this stupid broad comes into the shop on Monday asking about brakes for her 2007 Sebring. She said they were grinding. So we gave her an estimate, and told her what it would cost extra should she need rotors. Well, she decided to drive away on her grinding brakes to get other estimates.

This morning, the lovely, intelligent young lady brings her car back in. Today she decides she wants us to lift the car and tell her what is wrong. Apparently on Wednesday the car stopped grinding, but she suddenly had a really crappy pedal and her red brake light is on.

So I knew right away i wasn't about to test drive this thing, as I knew what I would find. Sure enough I lift the car and see fluid all over the right fender apron. When I jerked the wheel I found exactly what I knew I would. She had driven the car so much that the rotor got so thin that the pad got thrown out of the mount. So she stopped hearing the grind when the piston became her brake pad. But she also lost pedal when the piston ejected itself from the bore and pissed all the brake fluid all over the place.

So we give her an estimate to replace the rotors, calipers, and pads.

She asked me to put it back together again, because she was going to try to ride around and find a better price.

People are so fuckin ignorant. I really hope she runs into a damn tree or some such shit, as nobody else deserves to suffer for her ignorance, but her insurance company needs to be aware of the kind of fuckin moron they are insuring.

Thats funny shit. about 10 years ago I was riding around with a guy in a 86' Chevy C20 and the pedal dropped. When we pulled the front tire we found the the brake pad plate had worn clean through to the vents and had completely seperated what was left of the disk from the hub. The even funnier thing was the stupid MF knew it was going to happen and had all the parts in the truck. Needless to say we did a brake job right there.

I just got a truck from my mom that she was selling to a guy and had to reposess. (94' F-250, 4x4) Needless to say that stupid MF ran the front pads to nothing and turned a 20 dollar set of pads into a 300 dollar brake job.:suicide-santa:

there is definetly some stupid people out there.....

Dude...decaf...jesus

So, this stupid broad comes into the shop on Monday asking about brakes for her 2007 Sebring. She said they were grinding. So we gave her an estimate, and told her what it would cost extra should she need rotors. Well, she decided to drive away on her grinding brakes to get other estimates.

This morning, the lovely, intelligent young lady brings her car back in. Today she decides she wants us to lift the car and tell her what is wrong. Apparently on Wednesday the car stopped grinding, but she suddenly had a really crappy pedal and her red brake light is on.

So I knew right away i wasn't about to test drive this thing, as I knew what I would find. Sure enough I lift the car and see fluid all over the right fender apron. When I jerked the wheel I found exactly what I knew I would. She had driven the car so much that the rotor got so thin that the pad got thrown out of the mount. So she stopped hearing the grind when the piston became her brake pad. But she also lost pedal when the piston ejected itself from the bore and pissed all the brake fluid all over the place.

So we give her an estimate to replace the rotors, calipers, and pads.

She asked me to put it back together again, because she was going to try to ride around and find a better price.

People are so fuckin ignorant. I really hope she runs into a damn tree or some such shit, as nobody else deserves to suffer for her ignorance, but her insurance company needs to be aware of the kind of fuckin moron they are insuring.

Hey SandT your a mechanic?

If so my bro has an Altima SE-R and the clutch sometimes is just loose. He got it fixed about 3 months or so ago. They put an exedy flywheel and clutch but the guy that installed it didn't adjust the clutch so it eventually just mist-up so his car was towed they put the stock clutch and it was working good the guy is a good mechanic not the other one. And it started doing that right now when it's hot he said it may need a fluid flush. Any ideas of what may be the problem

If so my bro has an Altima SE-R and the clutch sometimes is just loose. He got it fixed about 3 months or so ago. They put an exedy flywheel and clutch but the guy that installed it didn't adjust the clutch so it eventually just mist-up so his car was towed they put the stock clutch and it was working good the guy is a good mechanic not the other one. And it started doing that right now when it's hot he said it may need a fluid flush. Any ideas of what may be the problem

Describe "loose" for me. Is the pedal going to the floor, is the pedal soft, does it work at all, does it not begin to engage until it is low, or what? Without being able to drive the car it is hard to get an idea of what you are talking about.

If it is a hydraulic clutch it uses brake fluid. Brake fluid is hygroscopic, which means it will absorb water. Water does boil and become a vapor, so it can create air pockets when hot. This is why we flush brake fluid. But TBH it is an extremely rare phenomenon in your average everyday car, and frankly one I have never seen it occur in a hydraulic clutch.

Describe "loose" for me. Is the pedal going to the floor, is the pedal soft, does it work at all, does it not begin to engage until it is low, or what? Without being able to drive the car it is hard to get an idea of what you are talking about.

If it is a hydraulic clutch it uses brake fluid. Brake fluid is hygroscopic, which means it will absorb water. Water does boil and become a vapor, so it can create air pockets when hot. This is why we flush brake fluid. But TBH it is an extremely rare phenomenon in your average everyday car, and frankly one I have never seen it occur in a hydraulic clutch.

Yes it goes on to the floor doesn't let you into gears. It uses brake fluid. So im guessing its hydraulic. We recently put some in, DOT3 fluid. When this happens the car still turns on but it doesn't go into gear(s). This relly only happens about once every 1 or 2 months. This isn't normal right?

All I can think of wihle looking at that is the Volvo going 'Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom'