mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Time to go see the lawyer. Yay me!

BTW, I love SoCal but hated MN. Fuck the MN weather. It is either too hot or too cold, never just right.

Other way around for me, its always shitty when I visit SoCal.

SoCal is bomb because of me dude...I wanna see you in your new car dipping around lol...what part you guys from?

Currently I am listening to the waves crash in Laguna Beach. SoCal sucks my left nut, very high on the list of places I never want to have to live. Sucks bad enough my office is here.

Just because we finally got some rain, you are complaining?

BTW, I live in Lakewood.

Not about the rain, just in general I really despise the area. The scourge of the earth live here. And I get to pay for all the lazy arsehos who fucked up on their spending and it is centered right damn here. People suck, the weather does nothing for me, and neither does the irrigated desert. SoCal is the shitstick of the US IMO.

Nope. SoCal is a beautiful place, you just gotta know where to go. Scourge of the earth...wow, that is a harsh statement. Lazy arsehos who fucked up their spendind...would not have happened if the pucking banks didnt let it happen. These banks saw a way to rape the US and promoted all these loans. People saw the cash and went for it, people all over the US. Shit, I lost my house, does that make me lazy?

I think the way you feel about SoCal is the way I feel about MN. Land of the face nice people. Let me smile to your face and stab you in the back.

LOL

I lost my house. Yes it's my fault. Yes I was too lazy to save it. I could have turned off the power and heat down to 50, ate ramen noodles and worked another job on top of the 72 hours a week I was working. I just didn't feel like it. I was tired LAZY and gave up on it. It was too much work and I closed the door on that time in my life.

The banks are not bad for giving out cheep loans, they are bad for what they did after that.

The federal government spent roughly $86 billion in taxpayer money to bail out the auto industry. That's a lot of Monopoly money, folks, and when the industry we know and love was at its weakest point, early projections suggested that that the U.S. government and American taxpayers would never see $30 billion of that money. But as the economy slowly crawls back to life and cars and trucks are beginning to move with greater regularity, those forecasts are being adjusted downward.

A few months ago the Treasury Department proclaimed that the industry could, if everything fell just so, lose only $8 billion by the time the dust settles. We're now in October, and according to The Detroit News, the DoT is settling on a loss that looks a lot like $17 billion. That figure was revised downward from $24.3 billion due to increased optimism that the bailout of Ally Bank, the Cerberus-owned finance arm for both General Motors and Chrysler, wasn't going to be as big of a cash drain as was originally expected.

The revised auto industry loss comes out of a 200-page report that details the overall plight of the $700 billion ($475 billion has been spent to date) Troubled Asset Relief Program. The report states that the U.S. government stands to lose a grand total of $29 billion of the $475 billion spent. That $29 billion number is definitely tentative, though, because a lot of the numbers are heavily dependent on the price of stocks at the time the federal government decides to sell.

For example, at the current price of AIG shares, the government would actually book a profit of $21.9 billion. The bank bailouts are said to have produced another $16 billion in profits, while the mortgage securities buys are currently underwater to the tune of $46 billion. The $29 billion figure could go further up or down based upon the price of the initial public offerings at General Motors and Chrysler. The government put $43 billion into The General in exchange for 60.8 percent of the company's stock, and another $12 billion for a 10 percent stake in Chrysler.

I was actually shocked to find out I didn't owe money after my forclosure. I thought they would garnish me for what was left after they auctioned it off. I just laughed when they told me it was a wash for me and I didn't have any option to pay them back. Now however I can't even get a loan for 1/2 of what I have in liquid cash in my bank account against the SECOND rental I owned. I would rather have had to pay back the difference and not feel like a cheepskate who didn't pay and am now branded for life.

I may as well have a felony and try to get a job.

Stop being irrational, stop being apathetic, stop ignoring the evidence. If you want to eat meat, you'd better be able to justify it.

Umm, lets see. My body was designed to eat meat. You should see how I react to a lack of protein...

I tried to be a vegitarian and it was a nightmare. I spent a whole month vegan too. It cleaned me out, I felt refreshed when it was over, but I was constantly tired and it never went away.

Here is what I know for a fact about nutrition. There are certain amino acids and fats that you cannot live without. Whole vegitarian foods can provide them, but it's tough to get enough. There is no such thing as an esential carbohydrate, and our bodies are designed to have a contingencey plan for lack of carbohydrates.

prolonged lack of essential amino acids will kill, and definately makes people sick. You can see it everywhere in 3rd world countries.

i know a professor at school, she's 50 and a vegetarian... qualified for the Boston marathon last year. pretty amazing IMO

I should have been more specific, it's possible to be a healthy veg head, but without using isolated protein sources like whey or soy/other veg sourced blends it would suck. Most americans need way more veg than they get. But to make a blanket statement that we should all go veg because it's better for the whole world is silly.

Not only would it introduce new health concerns you would have to supplement the diet with whey or something else similar. If you use whey, you're still going to have to confine animals, and to isolate why you need more water more filtration, and I would guess enough energy via heat or electricity that the total energy/water impact would be similar to juest having a steak.

i wasn't trying to prove you wrong or anything. considering its harder for a vegetarian to get certain nutrition from a diet and, on top of that, to compete well in a marathon is quite amazing.

I may as well have a felony and try to get a job.

or a recent college grad

Stop being irrational, stop being apathetic, stop ignoring the evidence. If you want to eat meat, you'd better be able to justify it.

Umm, lets see. My body was designed to eat meat. You should see how I react to a lack of protein...

I tried to be a vegitarian and it was a nightmare. I spent a whole month vegan too. It cleaned me out, I felt refreshed when it was over, but I was constantly tired and it never went away.

Here is what I know for a fact about nutrition. There are certain amino acids and fats that you cannot live without. Whole vegitarian foods can provide them, but it's tough to get enough. There is no such thing as an esential carbohydrate, and our bodies are designed to have a contingencey plan for lack of carbohydrates.

prolonged lack of essential amino acids will kill, and definately makes people sick. You can see it everywhere in 3rd world countries.

i know a professor at school, she's 50 and a vegetarian... qualified for the Boston marathon last year. pretty amazing IMO

My colleague has run in the 50 and over class three times now and has placed 3, 4, 8 in the Boston...and he's also a vegetarian.

makes me feel like a fat piece of shit when i see all these healthy people running around...

anyone here try a hid retrofit?

i'm thinking about doing one for fun..

My colleague has run in the 50 and over class three times now and has placed 3, 4, 8 in the Boston...and he's also a vegetarian.

makes me feel like a fat piece of shit when i see all these healthy people running around...

Makes me feel tired :lol:

Please don't be another one of the idiots who put them in the stock housings which were never designed for them and blind the shit out of me while I'm driving just because they think it makes their car look cool.

If my gf decides to go ahead with getting a PhD here, she wants to buy a house. But I only have about 10% of a down payment saved for what I'd want, and I will NOT go into a house buying without at least 20%. I just can't wait until we move in together next year (if all goes well). When I lived with a roommate two years ago, I was able to save ~40% of my net income every month. Now that I live alone, that number is chopped down to maybe 10%. I should be able to get back to at least 25% next year.

Although if all this baby-making going on around me is as contagious as everybody says, I may not be able to save anything.

My New Title > Yours

:detail: :detail:

Sitting on the couch drinking a Sam Adams Octoberfest and the woman just brought me some food. Life isn't to bad.

Life would be better if it was a Shiner Bock Octoberfest :P

Sitting on the couch drinking a Sam Adams Octoberfest and the woman just brought me some food. Life isn't to bad.

Life would be better if it was a Shiner Bock Octoberfest :P

Haven't had one of those this season yet. Had some last year I know but don't remember what they taste like, time to go drink some more!

parts express is having a sell on Dayton HDMI cables fyi.

Think im going to have to pick me up a couple, too good of deal for me to pass up.

forgot the link

http://www.parts-exp...ign=email092310

And they are still cheaper at monoprice

I have no idea of the content of the actual metal in monoprice cables but EVERY cable I have purchased from them has been 9/10, They use THICK coverings and the ones with loom are just awesome.

Only downside is that the HDMI plug itself doesn't seat pefectly and feels loose when I plug it in. But 99% of HDMI cables I have used have that problem.

Only problem I have with mono price is....

26611.jpg

The lighter cables have those cylinders at each end, like the above. Which is really only a nuisance

22861.jpg

The thinker cables are THICK and aren't very flexible

*note- I showed the DVI to HDMI because I'm looking at getting one, but they are all the same*

I believe the LFL has serious potential.

Scantily Clad Women Playing Football

I think there is a Baltimore team now.

Please don't be another one of the idiots who put them in the stock housings which were never designed for them and blind the shit out of me while I'm driving just because they think it makes their car look cool.

lol no i want to do this right if im going to do it at all. first step would be to get a pair of projectors? im either going to hit a junk yard with a friend or order online.. any advice as to what to look for? i believe some projectors are designed for halogen while others are for hid bulbs?

heres an online option. internetz

lol no i want to do this right if im going to do it at all. first step would be to get a pair of projectors? im either going to hit a junk yard with a friend or order online.. any advice as to what to look for? i believe some projectors are designed for halogen while others are for hid bulbs?

check this place out

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/

check this place out

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/

thanks

Time to go see the lawyer. Yay me!

BTW, I love SoCal but hated MN. Fuck the MN weather. It is either too hot or too cold, never just right.

Other way around for me, its always shitty when I visit SoCal.

SoCal is bomb because of me dude...I wanna see you in your new car dipping around lol...what part you guys from?

Currently I am listening to the waves crash in Laguna Beach. SoCal sucks my left nut, very high on the list of places I never want to have to live. Sucks bad enough my office is here.

Just because we finally got some rain, you are complaining?

BTW, I live in Lakewood.

Not about the rain, just in general I really despise the area. The scourge of the earth live here. And I get to pay for all the lazy arsehos who fucked up on their spending and it is centered right damn here. People suck, the weather does nothing for me, and neither does the irrigated desert. SoCal is the shitstick of the US IMO.

Nope. SoCal is a beautiful place, you just gotta know where to go. Scourge of the earth...wow, that is a harsh statement. Lazy arsehos who fucked up their spendind...would not have happened if the pucking banks didnt let it happen. These banks saw a way to rape the US and promoted all these loans. People saw the cash and went for it, people all over the US. Shit, I lost my house, does that make me lazy?

I think the way you feel about SoCal is the way I feel about MN. Land of the face nice people. Let me smile to your face and stab you in the back.

Funny thing is I have the same response about MN. If you know where to go you'd still want to be there. As for SoCal, it is where my office is, I spend a lot of time there and have had a bunch of locals show me where to go. Hell its even free for me while I am there. Pretty much any other big city trumps the area for me. Nothing but fake crap and shitty people.