mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Saturday is almost over. Bought and butchered a pig today for this year's supply of pork. 300 pounds of pork barely fit into the cargo area of the jeep :D

300 pounds? Some big ass pig then..

300# of meat? Damn that was a big piggy. We never let them get that big, but the packer that ours went to the best price was in that 250-280 range I think.

I have been asked to smoke a whole pig for a house warming.... I'm a little intimidated actually. They aparently have the big rig tow smoker and a ghuy to give them a deal on a pig, but the guy who rents the smoker and butchers the pig will charge a few hundred to smoke, pull and chop it. So they asked me.

I would really really want to run a trial run first, but it's not an option. It can't be too hard, but I've never done it.

I have a good gut feelign you will be fine. Personally I would ask to use said smoker at least once ahead of time to see how well it operates, and how efficent it is.

Lack of prior planning and knowledge can tank this QUICK.

J

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I would imagine I could handle it, but you're 100% right. I want to play with it once before I have to feed people I don't know.

:D

Have to get an instant read too. Who knows if they were even serious about me doing it, but I bet they were. it would save a couple hundred bucks for sure.

Saturday is almost over. Bought and butchered a pig today for this year's supply of pork. 300 pounds of pork barely fit into the cargo area of the jeep :D

300 pounds? Some big ass pig then..

300# of meat? Damn that was a big piggy. We never let them get that big, but the packer that ours went to the best price was in that 250-280 range I think.

I have been asked to smoke a whole pig for a house warming.... I'm a little intimidated actually. They aparently have the big rig tow smoker and a ghuy to give them a deal on a pig, but the guy who rents the smoker and butchers the pig will charge a few hundred to smoke, pull and chop it. So they asked me.

I would really really want to run a trial run first, but it's not an option. It can't be too hard, but I've never done it.

I have a good gut feelign you will be fine. Personally I would ask to use said smoker at least once ahead of time to see how well it operates, and how efficent it is.

Lack of prior planning and knowledge can tank this QUICK.

J

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I would imagine I could handle it, but you're 100% right. I want to play with it once before I have to feed people I don't know.

:D

Have to get an instant read too. Who knows if they were even serious about me doing it, but I bet they were. it would save a couple hundred bucks for sure.

The other thing is I would find out how they want it cooked. I have run into some people who want their food no matter what it is like charcoal.

Plus flavor desired.

J

They want it cooked how I cook my boston butts. I told them it wouldn't have the same bark but it would be more meaty flavored with all the bones.

To be honest I think they should buy a bunch of butts and I could do that.

:)

SSA fell off the face of the interwebs for a few!!!

OHS NOES!

:ughdunno:

I know the lack of time feeling, I'd love some myself. Just to build shit would be great.

Quite a familiar feeling. I wanted to relax by making a flare but I'm all out of resin :(

The gf and I were headed to my grandparents' farm this weekend to help with corn harvest and so I could show her the way of farm life (she's from just outside of D.C.). We had just turned off I-70 and onto a two-lane highway when some DICKHEAD threw a bottle out of his truck window right as we were going by each other and it smashed into my gf's windshield and completely broke it. It skidded up the hood about a foot before hitting the windshield. With two things going 65 mph at each other, it doesn't take much mass to cause damage. I wasn't looking at the time, I was looking down at my phone when I heard a loud thud. I thought she hit a bird or something, then I look up and there's a 12" diameter circular break in the windshield with 40 cracks going out every direction from it all the way to the edges. I'm like WTF just happened. She was so freaked out I'm surprised she was able to keep the car on the road and come to a stop. Luckily it didn't break through the windshield, as its trajectory had it lining up nearly with my neck. But some glass pieces did fall inside onto the dash and you could move the windshield about a centimeter pushing on the circular break before I stopped testing it for fear of actually shattering it.

We were able to limp it the next hour back to my hometown, as we were out in the middle of nowhere with only towns of 20-200 people anywhere close. It was definitely not legal to drive, but we didn't want to tow that far. So now she has up to a $500 repair bill for a new windshield and maybe new hood paint if it doesn't just buff out, since that's her deductable. The dude kept driving as if nothing happened so we have no idea who it was. Of course when we told my family members about it, most of them said they would have turned around and chased the guy to at least get his license tag number. But she was freaking out so I was trying to calm her down and find out what even happened since I didn't see any of it. And if he's a redneck on a rampage like that, who knows how many guns he has in the truck and what lengths he'd go to anyways.

Just really, really sucks that there's assholes like that in this world. Her car has to stay 3 hours away at my mom's house because nobody had a windshield for it in stock and they couldnt' get one till Tuesday. Luckily my stepmom loaned us her car for a couple days so that we could get back here and do our work or school. So huge inconvenience having to drive back there to get it, on top of the money. Just stupid.

What a fucktard, some people really need to be run over by a train :(

Speaking of fucktards, one guy from the neighborhood cut me off when I was on the moped and threatened me

A couple days ago I was with the backhoe and he passed me. Had to fight the urge to drive on the middle of the road for payback. Bastard wasn't so cocky now that I wasn't on the moped...

they are fun to ride but you don't want others to know you really like it.

Fun to ride, just don't want your friends to see you doing it. :)

I was beaten by the interweb electrons today!

Guess I learned something new today :D

I got the 404!

Weird. Time for a back up just in case.

I scored 129 points in Fantasy Football and am STILL going to loose AGAIN. This is twice I've scored around 130 and lost.

Starting the season 0-5 :suicide-santa:

Trav, want to stack your team with my guys? not like you need that anyways... lol

I was looking through all the rankings today and your team is STACKED!

Sorry to see ya lose again mike.

Ya i picked a pretty good team this year. I was sort of worried this week with a couple of my ppl on byes, but i pulled it out lol

baking a cake for the first time in a long time

so far so good

:lol:

cakes came out perfect, icing too

now, to combine the two

god help me

cakes came out perfect, icing too

now, to combine the two

god help me

Pics or Lies

Edited by cheese20323

woohoo, cake is not fucked up :woot:

not the prettiest thing but meh

Got roped into giving interviews at work today. It was kinda fun, but asking the same questions 7 times got old. And felt bad for the nice girl at the end who had no experience with geoprobing, drill rigs, or most of the contaminants we ask them about. I felt like we were absolutely crushing her spirit. Then we had the dudes who seemed way overqualified and talked forever. We were lucky we had a cancellation because one guy talked nearly all the way through the next appointment's allotted time as well. I wasn't leading the interview, but I kinda hoped the lady leading it would cut him off a bit. But it was her first interviews.