mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

HYP001_1.jpg

picked up one of these at the sporting goods store today; from a company called Hyper Products in Wayzata, MN. Works amazing; the pooches love it :)

Funny. My mail is delivered by the Wayzata post office. Even funnier since the population of Wayzata is only around 4k. 5 minute boat ride to the bars there.

Hmm, well 225 for 4 hours is how I do mine already. I must be messing something up. Should I be putting a can of water inside my Traeger to help keep them moist?

The temperature on the Traeger could very well be hottest near the temperature gauge. My temp is at the grates where the meat is. I suspect yours is off for that reason. If it were ceramic or held the heat better than steel it may be different. On top of that, I bet the temp gauge is a piece of uncalibrated crap. Sure was on my barrel smoker. Might very well be your trouble. And yes, I am sure that mine is right, well at least within 2 degrees which I'll call right. 15-20 I would not.

Do they gasket mod the Traegers? If so, I'd do it. The more you make it convection the more even it will be. Otherwise you'll always be chasing hot/cold spots in it.

I'm positive the temp gauge isn't good. I've stuck other thermometers in there and they are always different. But the smoke setting on the Traeger is a little tricky, because it's not a constant heat. On that setting the auger starts and stops, only ushering in pellets every few minutes. The temp gauge might not be right, but you can definitely watch it fluctuate over a 10-15 minute period by as much as 20-30*. Also, these traegers have two holes on the backside, each about 1.5" tall and 3" wide. But I fear if I plug these up it will make the inside much too hot since the settings are just based on pellet feed rates, not a temperature gauge setting. The temperature gauge is at the top, right in the middle of the barrel.

Ouch. How cold can you set it? Will that make the fluctuations worse if you lower it?

I saw someone using something that picked the ball up too. I thought that was ingenious in particular if you have a slobbery dog.

I saw someone using something that picked the ball up too. I thought that was ingenious in particular if you have a slobbery dog.

I've seen that too. It looked pretty sweet.

Nevermind that we got our asses handed to us by Nebraska the other week...

Never seen such a lopsided basketball score

Was that an interception in the endzone.

I think so. :)

Its officially basketball season in Lawrence now.

52-0

:D

Looks more too sugary than too rich.

Honestly, it wasn't to sugary.. the butter cuts the sugary taste.

People!!! Into the chat room please!!

Its officially basketball season in Lawrence now.

52-0

:D

yup ass whoopin!

WVU played well too! :woot:

People!!! Into the chat room please!!

asshole im in there

:gayhaaay1:

I must convince my parents to get a BGE. Atleast for when I'm in town for Christmas. Then I'll take it with me

Win!

i bet your dad would love it!

I'm trying to convince him but he thinks that he has "plenty of grills" (we do have to nice size pits, an electric smoker, a descent gas grill and old smokies.) and that he can "sear" just fine with what we have and he said something about having an open pit or some bs for searing... I dunno

Insert Sean and dem beats (Sean as well?) perfectly crafted argument please...

He is also convinced that I want "him" to get it so I can steal it, but that really isn't the case, nor do I have the time/space to really use it.

It is official..............As of this week I tender my resignation.

J