mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I got some new toys today! 12" Shiva and two Assassin 8s. Now it's to time to figure out what exactly to do with them.

Bleh, fiberglass dust sucks...

I hope you wear a mask.

Every time I sand. This time I was cleaning the floor with the vacuum, had lots of mdf chips to clean. As soon as I hit a small patch of FG dust, BAM, dust everywhere.

And I'm going to move away from mechanical sanding fiberglass. Elbow grease = less dust in the air.

You should start wet sanding.

Or better yet, make a move to gel coat.

How is that to lay down/change colors on?

It's cake. It can be brushed, sprayed, dripped, dipped, hell pretty much any way you can think to apply something. I've brushed and used an atomizer for application before and it worked great. Hell, he could use tooling gel coat on his molds, get them perfect, then never have to sand anything, or use finish gel on the ports themselves and not have to paint. I'm not too sure about colors as I've only used black and white, but I have seen some that can be tinted and I am pretty sure you can buy it already colored.

I want white. Want to do the side panels of my snowmobile. Surface prep?

You're better off using paint in your case. I would only use gel coat when molding a piece from scratch, and I would paint or cover it as well if it were in a high-impact environment such as your sled. Are the panels plastic or something else?

Plastic and a little flexible. Paint doesn't hold up well I read, but basically have no idea.

Scuff it with about a 320 grit paper, clean it with lacquer thinner or acetone and a lint free cloth, then pick a good enamel spray paint and you should be okay. You may be able to find specialty places that have 2 part epoxy paints in aerosol that mix as they spray and any catalyzed paint will hold up better than a traditional solvent base, but they are also more expensive and more hazardous. The only REAL way to paint plastic is to use catalyzed urethane with a flex additive. This is what is used on automotive bumper covers and look at the abuse they can withstand.

the dog sitting not going so great. new dog thinks cats are snacks. had to lock cats in the storage room in the basement.

10 days to go.... wtf, why did I say yes....

Reading build logs makes me want to start a project

summer class schedule finally came, lazy bastards...M-Thu. 5:30-9:20, not as bad as I had hoped

forgot these suit jackets had shoulder pads, fml...

Yum brick oven pizza.

Eff U Jordan. That sounds good as hell right now.

Fresh made dough,fresh homemade sauce, fresh veggies..............One of the less than 10 perks of Iraq.

J

Ferrari's 2011 F1 car was originally unveiled as the Ferrari F150 - a hat tip to the 150th anniversary of Italy's unification. That got Ford's boxers in a knot, as Unlce Henry's boys feared that its customers would get confused by the name similarities with the Ford F-150 pickup.

Ferrari grudgingly obliged FoMoCo, and changed the car's name to the Ferrari F150th Italia. Ford liked that, and declared the matter settled. Ferrari, however wasn't done. Still galled that they had to change the name of the racer in the first place, they decided to make one final change to get it just the way they want it.

Now, Ferrari's 2011 Formula 1 effort will be called the Ferrari F150° Italia. The added symbol is the Italian equivalent of the English "th" suffix, and Ferrari added it to give the name more Italian flair. Maranello announced the move in a biting, sarcastic news release saying, "...Therefore the name will now read as the Ferrari 150° Italia, which should make it clear even to the thickest of people that the name of the car is a tribute to the anniversary of the unification of our country.

"Let's hope the matter is now definitely closed and that we can concentrate on more serious matters, namely ensuring that our car that already seems to be pretty good out of the box, becomes a real winner."

Ferrari's 2011 F1 car was originally unveiled as the Ferrari F150 - a hat tip to the 150th anniversary of Italy's unification. That got Ford's boxers in a knot, as Unlce Henry's boys feared that its customers would get confused by the name similarities with the Ford F-150 pickup.

Ferrari grudgingly obliged FoMoCo, and changed the car's name to the Ferrari F150th Italia. Ford liked that, and declared the matter settled. Ferrari, however wasn't done. Still galled that they had to change the name of the racer in the first place, they decided to make one final change to get it just the way they want it.

Now, Ferrari's 2011 Formula 1 effort will be called the Ferrari F150° Italia. The added symbol is the Italian equivalent of the English "th" suffix, and Ferrari added it to give the name more Italian flair. Maranello announced the move in a biting, sarcastic news release saying, "...Therefore the name will now read as the Ferrari 150° Italia, which should make it clear even to the thickest of people that the name of the car is a tribute to the anniversary of the unification of our country.

"Let's hope the matter is now definitely closed and that we can concentrate on more serious matters, namely ensuring that our car that already seems to be pretty good out of the box, becomes a real winner."

When the name was first released several months ago, I couldn't help but think of a Ford truck, but there is no possible way of confusing the two and I guarantee anyone who knows anything about F1 will easily distinguish the two and those who don't will never hear anything about the Ferrari F150 anyways.

Grabbed a whole tenderloin earlier' champagne in the fridge and getting ready to EAT

Ha, I'm 5 today. :)

I just noticed this 10 minutes ago!

Happy Berfday!

5" and still snowing like crazy!

+32?

We had it yesterday, but only about 1" stuck. The funny part is, the guy across the street was out snow-blowing this morning.

We had it yesterday, but only about 1" stuck. The funny part is, the guy across the street was out snow-blowing this morning.

Well you did not have to send it my way. :)

Damn snow TOP!

Sorry. Next time I'll call the jet stream and tell it to change direction.

Sorry. Next time I'll call the jet stream and tell it to change direction.

That would be sweet if you could do that. I am ready for spring.

+32?

Extremely good guess??