mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I might go

• Bring Me The News

Beard-Off will honor the finest facial hair | Rick Kupchella's – BringMeTheNews.com

bring.mn

If you’ve got a great beard, or just admire the few who do, check this one out … A St. Paul hotspot tonight will host a tournament to find out who has the best and bushiest beard. Hundreds are expected to pack the Turf Club for the second annual Beard-Off.

Wow, blast from the past. I haven't been to the Turf Club since I played there...in 1994. :eek5wavey:

smack.gif

nickelodeon.gif

I'm so temped to pre-order two 10" Sundown Neo-Pro. :peepwall:

I was thinking about 8's in the door, but the 10's got twice the RMS. :ughdunno:

What are you matching them with?

That theory only has one flaw, you should still change your oil every 3-4 months. Battery will last a shorter amount of time the more it sits.

If it's tuned, step up to a turbo. :D

You would probably get a real healthy MPG boost then, and have the option to finally keep up with trucks that have a blue oval on them too!

Hell no! Now THAT is a waste of money. Oils these days are pretty much only going to break down during use. No need to mess with the oil unless it it dirty.

BTW, I remember someone asking about oil life minders last month. Apparently all the OBDII cars take mileage and lifetime into effect, so you may see your oil light come on before your mileage is up.

I'm so temped to pre-order two 10" Sundown Neo-Pro. :peepwall:

I was thinking about 8's in the door, but the 10's got twice the RMS. :ughdunno:

I am curious, but I can't justify the money right now, especially considering he has yet to release any parameters.

That theory only has one flaw, you should still change your oil every 3-4 months. Battery will last a shorter amount of time the more it sits.

If it's tuned, step up to a turbo. :D

You would probably get a real healthy MPG boost then, and have the option to finally keep up with trucks that have a blue oval on them too!

Hell no! Now THAT is a waste of money. Oils these days are pretty much only going to break down during use. No need to mess with the oil unless it it dirty.

BTW, I remember someone asking about oil life minders last month. Apparently all the OBDII cars take mileage and lifetime into effect, so you may see your oil light come on before your mileage is up.

I'm no where near an expert, but I was under the perhaps incorrect understanding that even if you don't drive a lot but it's intermitant that the shelf life is still only so long. If you never drive it I would assume it would stay nearly the same with modern oil and how stabil our fluids are, but if you drive it every once and a while it's still good practice to change the oil on a regular basis.

I'm not trying to sound like an a hole but it doesn't sound right if I only drive my car once a week to the local store I could sit on the same oil change for 2 years.

He He, I'm not saying two years. Change it when it's dirty, but with the modern oils, you don't have to change at a specific time or mileage. FWIW, My Cobra twice went without getting it's oil changed in over a year. There were several years where I only put a few hundred miles on it.

As long as its in a modern engine and a non leaky system I see nothing wrong with going for an extended period of time without changing the oil. If it takes you a year and a half to hit say 6k miles on a car, it gets changed every year and a half.

If you are curious, take a sample and send it in to get analyzed.

I've got a pair of these to test out:

http://faitalpro.com/products/schede/fes.php?id=401000100

Can't wait to see what they do in place of the FF85k's.

I've heard them in a room and they are pretty nice.

Now THERE is a switch. Heard some of their larger drivers and was impressed. Could be a good solution for output fiends in a 2 way active setup. Curious to see what you think, big time!

You're not the only one curious :P

I've also head their cheapest 18" sub and it was niiiice. Itty bitty sealed box.

I guess I've never not driven enough for it to matter. Heck some months I've put on 2k+ miles on a vehicle.

I think I'm at roughly 50k on the truck in under 5 years. And for about 10 months combined total of that she sat without moving

I put ~40k in about 2.5-3 years in the Cadillac. Hoping to get it to last to 225k.

I replace my oil filter every 6months and replace the oil every 12months.

Last year I switched to mobile one oil, but still use the amsoil filter.

I am thinking about doing a little drinking tonight.

No I am going to have several drinks starting now :drink40:

Oil change every 3k and new filter every time.

Oil change every 3k and new filter every time.

I should add that I used to us amsoil, but my buddy moved to NC and I can not get the good deals I used to. So now I just use the filters with mobile one.

I personally wouldn't use Amsoil for anything. It never tests well. Normal Castrol is probably better and way cheaper, sure it'll break down faster but I'd rather change it then.

Caveat of course being that modern oils are all pretty good.

I've got a pair of these to test out:

http://faitalpro.com...hp?id=401000100

Can't wait to see what they do in place of the FF85k's.

I've heard them in a room and they are pretty nice.

Thanks for the link. Can I order them from that site? yes I am heading to google as we speak.