mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

That is a whole lot of water!

I need to get me a carbonator myself though. I think it would help me stop drinking the soda.

IIRC you were having GI issues as well. Try to get away from carbonated drinks. The carbonation will kill off digestive enzymes in your stomach. Trust me, you will feel better once you kick the pop.

So weird! Carbonated water always eases the stomach for me!

Carbonated water is good for you. Just like water, basically no different. The shit Ryan is referring to are the additives in soda that are bad, from sugar (or fake sugar) to the acid and so on. No worries with Co2 H20

I was instructed to even stay away from the carbonated water as well, of course I always got the store bought brand, but none of them had any additives according to the label. I don't know.

I'm planning on pretty well following this link

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/elder.htm

Normally a good source *didn't read it*

Thought of a tool you "need". 7 in 1 tool. By FAR the best lighting method on the market. Sorry I didn't think of it earlier.

I normally use a Mapp gas torch.

You will have to check out that link.

He looks like a shorn 14 year old in comparison.

...Socrates himself was permanently pissed. A lovely little thinker but a bugger when he was pissed....

Looftlighter looked pretty cool when the salesman demoed it

I need to get me a carbonator myself though. I think it would help me stop drinking the soda.

IIRC you were having GI issues as well. Try to get away from carbonated drinks. The carbonation will kill off digestive enzymes in your stomach. Trust me, you will feel better once you kick the pop.

Carbonated water is good for you. Just like water, basically no different. The shit Ryan is referring to are the additives in soda that are bad, from sugar (or fake sugar) to the acid and so on. No worries with Co2 H20

I was instructed to even stay away from the carbonated water as well, of course I always got the store bought brand, but none of them had any additives according to the label. I don't know.

Poor instruction. There was a study done about 15 years ago that stated it as bad, but that was reversed a year or two ago as they realized that they didn't test it right.

Normally a good source *didn't read it*

Thought of a tool you "need". 7 in 1 tool. By FAR the best lighting method on the market. Sorry I didn't think of it earlier.

I normally use a Mapp gas torch.

Me too, sorry 5 in 1 tool:

http://www.thebbqguru.com/pdf/Guru_Golf_Club.pdf

It works fucking awesome. Just plop the charcoal in and hold it there for about 30 seconds for a smoker fire and for 5-10 minutes for a steak fire.

Poor instruction. There was a study done about 15 years ago that stated it as bad, but that was reversed a year or two ago as they realized that they didn't test it right.

Carbonated water isn't bad for you and neither is HFCS or MSG so drink/eat up :)

I stopped drinking soda a while ago. I feel more fit and healthy than I ever have before.

hello hop, been awhile.. i've started a thread here for my bro... wish i had time to catch up on the hop but im a little too busy tonight :( i have to give a small presentation on Phonon's tomorrow night... bleh why is quantum mechanics so hard to understand... wiki - phonons

Oh come on, Quantum is fun. :P

Yes I am a Physicist by education, lol.

lol, dont get me wrong, Quantum is very interesting.

2 tops in a row! not even trying guys :eek5wavey:

Good tips........I really need to get a smoker and learn how to do it.

J

Snow and rain again!

Run the grill at ~225 till the meat hits 160*, then take out wrap in foil, towels and drop in cooler. End of story?

160 sounds a bit low, but then again I've never done a pig shoulder (yet)

Looftlighter looked pretty cool when the salesman demoed it

It seems to only light the surface though and the fire should be started from the bottom/middle (depending on load)

hello hop, been awhile.. i've started a thread here for my bro... wish i had time to catch up on the hop but im a little too busy tonight :( i have to give a small presentation on Phonon's tomorrow night... bleh why is quantum mechanics so hard to understand... wiki - phonons

Oh come on, Quantum is fun. :P

Yes I am a Physicist by education, lol.

lol, dont get me wrong, Quantum is very interesting.

Ugg, I much prefer Classical. :P

No, but the F6 isn't at all a bad driver. The crossovers at least look "reasonable", I know nothing about the tweeter or where they are sourcing it but wouldn't be surprised if for the money it is a great set.

Run the grill at ~225 till the meat hits 160*, then take out wrap in foil, towels and drop in cooler. End of story?

160 sounds a bit low, but then again I've never done a pig shoulder (yet)

Really low. It will be hard to chew. That isn't even above the plateau. 180 minimum which is what I read the first time. Normally somewhere between 180-190 is the sweet spot.

awesomedudeisawesomep1.gif

Those IQR's are beasts!

No, but the F6 isn't at all a bad driver. The crossovers at least look "reasonable", I know nothing about the tweeter or where they are sourcing it but wouldn't be surprised if for the money it is a great set.

I was just searching through madisound, figured a lot of stuff they carry was decent, saw that and "looked nice", and fits my budget :P

I'm going to reattempt glassing my doors in a few weeks, hopefully they'll come out decent and have those jamming