mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Now the boy is telling me just buy him a new guitar. I may have created a monster!

NEVER new, worse idea than cars. Old guitars appreciate, new ones depreciate like rocks. My Gibson is worth nearly 300x what my dad paid for it ;)

I believe it is possible to bore it to untimately have a 5.7L iron block.

yep, but it's cheaper to just pick up a 6.0L

Something like this:

http://harrisburg.cr...2237112881.html

or this

http://williamsport....2264105334.html

Would be a WAY better way to spend a $100+. Not sure what his is worth used, but those will pretty much always be worth what you pay for them. Take his, sell it, add the pickup money to something else and grab it.

*A little more research would be good as it has been more than 20 years since I went guitar shopping. I play an 82 Ibanez and a 56 Gibson. Both are worth more than I paid for them. :)

We talked it over and the boy is going to continue to use his and if he wants to further his playing we are going to look at the Ibanze and Gibson.

Thanks for your help and info Sean.

Good plan. Not worth putting anything into what he has now

Don't shy away from those Jacksons either. There is a reason that Randy Rhoads went from a Les Paul to them :) Another old favorite of mine would be if you could find an old BC Rich from when they were still handmade here. (pre-1981 or so maybe significantly later, but their "new" stuff is complete crap). Personally I'd run from Fenders but that is because they have the slowest, sloppiest necks on a guitar IMO. For what he wants to play it isn't what he wants.

One other note. A wood grain neck >>>> painted neck if you have ANY propensity to sweat. I get SLOPPY on stage, lol.

I agree with all of this. In my 18 years of tattooing NOTHING has improved my skill more than the RIGHT machine. NOTHING. I could ramble all night how tatt machines are like speakers OR anything else, but you get the point.

I believe it is possible to bore it to untimately have a 5.7L iron block.

yep, but it's cheaper to just pick up a 6.0L

Definetly cheaper. You can get a salvage motor pretty cheap now a days. I have been drooling on one for a while now.

After a few simple tests I determined that the solenoid is what was wrong with the Yamaha. Definetly cheaper than a starter motor. No riding today as it was snowing and but fucking cold.

Actually what is wrong with it is that it is a Yamaha :P

Oh weight, its not a snowmobile. And yes in their case it is not spelled wait. :ughdunno:

I could really just buy a super tricked out truck for much less than doing it myself.

Just saw a ridiculously nice truck for 15K with a 6.0l Turbo, 4L85E that was basically a regular cab SS. (AWD, 4.10 with auburn posi etc...)

Assuming I could do all the work I could buy it, then switch the power plants and the truck would still be pretty sweet as a moderate 5.3L AWD then just resell it for less. What ever I lost would be less than I paid for a 6.0L with a turbo and 4l85e transmission. Easy 10K not including the guys upgrades to it.

ohh if I had money....

Keep in mind, the market is shit, gas keeps rising, and you never recoup your investment unless you get the other vehicle for next to nothing. Trust me. I have done several of those, "oh I'll just fix this and sell it for $$$." You always end up deeper than you plan.

That isn't an investment, but an expense. Adds "no" value.

Wasn't looking at it as an investment but more of a cut my losses from buying everything separately. No worries though as I have no money and that was really just the first truck I saw to make the comparison

I'm still beating my brains out over backpacks though. Ready to go try some on this weekend.

Something like this:

or this

Would be a WAY better way to spend a $100+. Not sure what his is worth used, but those will pretty much always be worth what you pay for them. Take his, sell it, add the pickup money to something else and grab it.

*A little more research would be good as it has been more than 20 years since I went guitar shopping. I play an 82 Ibanez and a 56 Gibson. Both are worth more than I paid for them. :)

We talked it over and the boy is going to continue to use his and if he wants to further his playing we are going to look at the Ibanze and Gibson.

Don't shy away from those Jacksons either. There is a reason that Randy Rhoads went from a Les Paul to them :) Another old favorite of mine would be if you could find an old BC Rich from when they were still handmade here. (pre-1981 or so maybe significantly later, but their "new" stuff is complete crap). Personally I'd run from Fenders but that is because they have the slowest, sloppiest necks on a guitar IMO. For what he wants to play it isn't what he wants.

One other note. A wood grain neck >>>> painted neck if you have ANY propensity to sweat. I get SLOPPY on stage, lol.

I agree with all of this. In my 18 years of tattooing NOTHING has improved my skill more than the RIGHT machine. NOTHING. I could ramble all night how tatt machines are like speakers OR anything else, but you get the point.

I've played the BC Rich warlocks, and some of their other guitars. Hell I even own a 'body art' edition Warlock. While I am not even 'good' or 'acceptable' I definatly enjoyed how they played. Never had a Gibson........Never heard a complaint about them though. Never knew the strats were such an issue for classic rock. But it makes sense considering how rare it is to see them in rock.

And J I have had similar discussions with multiple artists. What type of machine is the most comfortable for you?

J

Something like this:

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/msg/2237112881.html

or this

http://williamsport.craigslist.org/msg/2264105334.html

When that time comes, I be letting you know so you can help us with our decision. Thanks :)

Now the boy is telling me just buy him a new guitar. I may have created a monster!

NEVER new, worse idea than cars. Old guitars appreciate, new ones depreciate like rocks. My Gibson is worth nearly 300x what my dad paid for it ;)

Sorry I did not mean brand new, new to him. I told him we will wait and see. I will match his efforts.

Something like this:

or this

Yes sir I agree totally.

Really really loving his job..................

:suicide-santa::suicide-santa::suicide-santa::suicide-santa::suicide-santa:

J

Fuckin bass ackwards shit....................

T0P

J

<----------------------------------- Off to KMart.

Awwww, Sbarro is filing for Chapter 11

Sorry I did not mean brand new, new to him. I told him we will wait and see. I will match his efforts.

I was hoping, but wanted to clarify.

Imagine that, they sell inedible food. I wish McPukes, BurgerK, Wendys and TacoBell would follow suite. The world would be a way better place without them.

I could add more to the list and definitely should have included Subway.

Imagine that, they sell inedible food. I wish McPukes, BurgerK, Wendys and TacoBell would follow suite. The world would be a way better place without them.

I could add more to the list and definitely should have included Subway.

Sean I can understand where you're coming from. But I will say this, for us Taco Hell and Subway are a welcome taste of home for about 90% of us, at least once in awhile if I had to guess.

So honestly I am happy having them around.

Don't give me wrong, I eat at a lot of Mom&Pop resturants at home, but out here they aren't as prevelant.

J

But if those places didn't exist there would have to be new and BETTER places to fill their spots.

Subway at least isn't ultra unhealthy, but it really isn't hard to make a sandwich shop without being a chain that isn't way tastier and healthier.

The fact that you call it a taste of home even makes me sick. Its a taste of everything that is bad about the US and a taste of shit. Fair analogy. Hog farms smell like shit. If you grew up on one of course that smell feels like home, but that doesn't mean it smells good nor does it mean that you should go out of your way to smell that way.

Imagine this to, if none of them existed where you are don't you think some clever capitalist would start up something way better? If not, they aren't clever.