mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Someone talk me out of buying a prefab sealed box for my SA-12's just to have SOMETHING below 35hz. I can't take staring at the boxes and then going outside and having to play decaf songs with the sub at -7db.... :suicide-santa:

What are these songs you are referring to?

Decaf is the screen name of a guy who mixes music just for us bassheads, I have all his stuff :)

Does it sound good? How can I listen to this music?

Here is how to get his first ZIP file clicky

He's made 23 of them so far, they will definitely make the sub bass perform.

I click the link and it will not let me do anything.

Here.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/44109-decafs-loudscreweddemo-collection/

(wonders if SMD is censored)

Edited by An-i-no

I am in a bidding war for a house today. I bid yesterday, but found out this morning that there's another bidder. I think ITS GOING TO BE A LOOOOOOONG DAY!?!?! :rofl2:

GOOOOOOOOD luck.

Home ownership FTMFW even when your basement floods your drain clogs and causes many nightmares that you must worry about yourself.

Definetly no worse than mantaining my "stepping stone house" aka the trailer I own now.

My anxiety is thru the roof at the minute. I should know within 48 hrs. :fryingpan::hyper::duel::wacky::throwrock:

Something like this:

http://harrisburg.cr...2237112881.html

or this

http://williamsport....2264105334.html

Would be a WAY better way to spend a $100+. Not sure what his is worth used, but those will pretty much always be worth what you pay for them. Take his, sell it, add the pickup money to something else and grab it.

*A little more research would be good as it has been more than 20 years since I went guitar shopping. I play an 82 Ibanez and a 56 Gibson. Both are worth more than I paid for them. :)

We talked it over and the boy is going to continue to use his and if he wants to further his playing we are going to look at the Ibanze and Gibson.

Thanks for your help and info Sean.

Good plan. Not worth putting anything into what he has now

Don't shy away from those Jacksons either. There is a reason that Randy Rhoads went from a Les Paul to them :) Another old favorite of mine would be if you could find an old BC Rich from when they were still handmade here. (pre-1981 or so maybe significantly later, but their "new" stuff is complete crap). Personally I'd run from Fenders but that is because they have the slowest, sloppiest necks on a guitar IMO. For what he wants to play it isn't what he wants.

One other note. A wood grain neck >>>> painted neck if you have ANY propensity to sweat. I get SLOPPY on stage, lol.

I agree with all of this. In my 18 years of tattooing NOTHING has improved my skill more than the RIGHT machine. NOTHING. I could ramble all night how tatt machines are like speakers OR anything else, but you get the point.

Yes sir I agree totally.

X2 here. I wish that people wouldn't miss this concept these days. People freak when they here I spent $800 on my bike. Then they freak more when I tell them I probably won't pay less than $1250 for my next one. I guess being an engineer I love to pay for the R&D that makes a product great.

I know there is a time and a place where you just got to say that this is cheap and it works. But you probably don't want to use that product regularly.

I had an awesome veggie burger last week, but I know that is blasphemy for all the red meat crew in the south on here.

I love vegi burgers. At least good ones.

They don't replace meat though.

:+1:

Hell even turkey burgers are good if made properly

I have not eaten fast food since In and Out Burger in San Diego, circa 2001, and I went there on purpose. Side note, I have picked up a DD coffee in a rush, but that is about it.

When in AZ the top places to grab food when out and about for me and the Mrs. are below

In and Out Burger

Olive Garden

Texas Roadhouse.

Not anything healthy but oh so fucking good. Well I guess texas has an ability to be semi healthy. Depending on what you order.

J

Olive Garden blows!

I live in a college town and there are at least 3 other Italian places that are nicer, taste better, and cost less

Roadhouse is good though. I think I've gotten to the point where I can make better steaks but there's take a lot less effort :P

Almost good as a fine marimba solo! What's really funny? The add banner on youtube was for indochino.

They work fast.

Hell even turkey burgers are good if made properly

I really don't like turkey and that's mainly because it's done improperly.

Chicken is only my go to as a well herbed roast chicken is just yummy, or well done fried chicken. I've had a bad fried chicken craving lately too.

I don't eat white meat from those birds though. Duck however. That is one heck of a tastey animal stem to stern

Chicken is only my go to as a well herbed roast chicken is just yummy, or well done fried chicken. I've had a bad fried chicken craving lately too.

Having just fried a bird myself, let me tell you there are few things that compare to homemade fried chicken. Mmm, mmm, mmmmmmmmmmm!

I have never once deep fried food in my life. I fear it actually. I am perhaps the absolute worst cook when it comes to frying.

Pheasant is a tasty bird

Pheasant is a tasty bird

Are those the ones you can just peal the skin off? I like those birds. They were made for eatin.

I have never once deep fried food in my life. I fear it actually. I am perhaps the absolute worst cook when it comes to frying.

Insanely easy; only special tools you need are a cast iron dutch oven (5 qt.+) & a nice fry thermometer

Insanely easy; only special tools you need are a cast iron dutch oven (5 qt.+) & a nice fry thermometer

And heat...

934548.jpg

marinate or brine the chicken, dust with flour; then with eggs, or milk, or buttermilk (or some combination thereof), then a coating of seasoned flour, then let the pieces sit for a minute or two, then into the 350-375 fry pot until the meat registers the proper temperature (150 white, 160 dark), remove onto a draining pan, consume

quite simple ;)

:sleepwerd4: you forgot to share though

I need me a thermometer I guess! how much smoke does it produce?

I think I have a lodge cast iron pot that would work. i don't know if I would want to use my enameled cast la creuset shtuff.

I need me a thermometer I guess! how much smoke does it produce?

No smoke (provided you don't overheat the oil, natch). I like soybean oil because its half the price of peanut oil with roughly the same smoke point (~475F)

You only need about 2-3 quarts or so for a 5 qt. pan; about a gallon for a 7 quarter. Maintain temperature (which is why you use a cast iron pot) and you're good. Last chicken I fried was in a Cruesset, didn't hurt it a bit

the great thing about fried chicken is there are assloads of seasoning/seasoned flour recipes out there. I've tinkered with mine for close to 4 years now and I'm quite pleased with it. :)

then again, I've been tinkering with a lot of recipes for the past 4 years :lol: