mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

So you walk the 2.5 miles on the treadmil?

I like walking more than running. Swimming more than that. Are you doing your work outs at home or at a gym. If at home list the equipment and how much weight you have.

I blew both knees out when I was ~19 and couldn't lift with them for 2 years or more, I definately understand the can't run part. Can you allow any resistance on them yet or is that still far off?

Currently I can jog at 4 mph on the treadmill for about 100 yards at a time, basically run 100 @ 4, walk 340+ @ 3, repeat; I accredit this more than anything to not running on it in over 27 months and to the fact I just started walking on the treadmill routinely about 9 months ago. We've got 2 25 lb., 4 10 lb., 4 7.5 lb., 6 5 lb., and 6 2.5 lb. plates, a 15 lb. 1" barbell and a pair of 2.5 lb. 1" dumbbell handles along with a bench press...bench, aforementioned treadmill, elliptical, and 5 lbs. of ankle weights.

You're doing the right thing on the treadmill. If you load that bar with as much weight as possible how much does it weigh and how many times can you press it untill failure?

You're doing the right thing on the treadmill. If you load that bar with as much weight as possible how much does it weigh and how many times can you press it untill failure?

Hmmm...good question :roflmao:

LOL! Fair enough. Give it a shot. I'm a huge beleiver in going untill failure. It took a long time to get comfortable with that method. I never really have a spotter.

The best gym tip I can give anyone is for any weight you lift above your body you must NEVER use weight clips on the side of the bar. NEVER EVER.

Because of gravity?

Time to put some miles on the bike and ride out this cold.

Because of gravity?

best example is the bench. Lets say your a medium build kind of guy and you bench 180. So you warm up and your on your second set and boom from no where your pec tears, or your tricep cramps and you can't push the weight. The bar drops and if your lucky sits on your chest. It could easily roll onto your throat though.

If the clips are there the weight will stay tighter and you probably won't be able to get the weight off as fast.. If the clips aren't on the bar, when you unballance the bar the weight can slide off quickly. Of course the side without the weight will jerk upwards but the likelyhood of that hurting you is small as you will be under the weight.

Gonna watch Sean get a fake-ploma today. His commencement is this afternoon. Sucker still has untill August untill he's done asuming the capstone is on time etc.

Roomate Sean.

Not DonSean De Tonka.

Speaking of the Don... How did the visit with the boss go???

Because of gravity?

best example is the bench. Lets say your a medium build kind of guy and you bench 180. So you warm up and your on your second set and boom from no where your pec tears, or your tricep cramps and you can't push the weight. The bar drops and if your lucky sits on your chest. It could easily roll onto your throat though.

If the clips are there the weight will stay tighter and you probably won't be able to get the weight off as fast.. If the clips aren't on the bar, when you unballance the bar the weight can slide off quickly. Of course the side without the weight will jerk upwards but the likelyhood of that hurting you is small as you will be under the weight.

I honestly wouldn't lift that much weight without a power rack, but that's just me

LOL! Fair enough. Give it a shot. I'm a huge beleiver in going untill failure. It took a long time to get comfortable with that method. I never really have a spotter.

100 lbs., 10 reps

nice round numbers :roflmao:

even more hilarious is the fact that the weight bench itself has a sticker that says: "WARNING: DO NOT EXCEED 350 LBS ON THIS BENCH, INCLUDING THE USER" :lol:

I'm the #18 poster...I'm coming for you Sean!

Question for you computer savy people. The new intel chips (i5-2500K and i7-2600K) specifically, come with a graphics processor in the card. Does this mean it is possible to not run a video card and have a mother board that has it built in? Or does it mean you can just run a cheaper one without a GPU?

/computer illiterate

Question for you computer savy people. The new intel chips (i5-2500K and i7-2600K) specifically, come with a graphics processor in the card. Does this mean it is possible to not run a video card and have a mother board that has it built in? Or does it mean you can just run a cheaper one without a GPU?

/computer illiterate

as far as I know you can still use the chips with a motherboard that has an onboard gpu

180 is what I warm up with.

Hand washing my Adidas for the first time since I bought them almost 3 years ago. Yes, I am disgusting. :P

You can always disable the onboard or use more than one video card.

Roomate Sean.

Not DonSean De Tonka.

Stellar, just dropped him off at MSP.

I was just looking to see what you could do to reduce components/price

Roomate Sean.

Not DonSean De Tonka.

Stellar, just dropped him off at MSP.

Of course it did. :)

Don Sean does not disappoint. :)

Wow very slow day!

Wow very slow day!

You got that right.

:sleepwerd4: