mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I heard that it was probably just because you actually waited and not because it was in rice.

All that said, this is what is currently going down...

DSC02426.jpg

Hey Sean, on that ride I did today. i noticed that I have some pain in the "gooch" area. Is there any signs as to what is wrong with my seat position to cause this?

Hey Sean, on that ride I did today. i noticed that I have some pain in the "gooch" area. Is there any signs as to what is wrong with my seat position to cause this?

what's a gooch.... :ughdunno:

I have been told that Rice is a bunch of BS... But hell, I'll try it.

It makes sense as rice absorbs water like crazy. Kind of a natural desiccant. But TBH if you just left it powered down for a day or 2 the water would just evaporate naturally anyways. I have done it with many devices (I run in the rain if I need to), and never had any devices destroyed by water

Think "tant". :roflmao:

I still can believe ppl pierce that shit.

Definitely not BS, saved my phone...same model died in the same circumstances without as well. Logical while it works too, you just need to get the water out. Ever wonder why everything ships with a non-edible silica pack?

Either saddle or saddle position. Most likely tipped the opposite way you think it should to fix it. What do you have for a saddle? Was it fitted to your arse?

Definitely not BS, saved my phone...same model died in the same circumstances without as well. Logical while it works too, you just need to get the water out. Ever wonder why everything ships with a non-edible silica pack?

Those aren't candy?

Oops...

Bah, 12hr days suck. Finally today is a normal day. :)

Those aren't candy?

Oops...

Haha. A friend of mine had an MRE while hiking and accidentally dropped it in the water when he started cooking the MRE but immediately pulled it out so he went ahead and ate his MRE. A little while layer my friend said that if he would have thrown up one more time they were headed for the truck and the hospital.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Gooch

My question is how does the rice draw it out from inside of the phone? if the moisture ends up outside to soak into the rice wouldn't it have been released naturally anyways?

Thank God Its Friday !!! :rockwoot:

:ehh: Friday The 13th ...

My question is how does the rice draw it out from inside of the phone? if the moisture ends up outside to soak into the rice wouldn't it have been released naturally anyways?

I think the main way it helps is if the phone isn't disassembled it will draw the moisture out from the crevices better.

But I have no idea.

Rice just speeds up the process since it absorbs water

Eff studying.

Time to ride !

I would love for Tanner to change his sleep schedule, fucking exhausting

We do NOT live in Japan kid

G.E. fans, I've decided to cut the half hour series at 249 eps. There will be 3 new 1 hour eps this year and that's it. But mourn not. New things brew on the horizon..."good" things.

Oh Alton, your show was the only reason I kept watching Food Network :(

You switch to watching Oxygen?

What is oxygen?

Labia chan

Sean... carbonator? :ughdunno:

Come on, had a baby. *and forgot*

Probably will forget again, but if so remind me in a few days and I'll do it johnny on the spot.

Pfft. New spawn are no excuse!

:P

I need a flashlight, err, headlight. Figure something that takes rechargeables is best although if it had a charging port and was waterproof it'd be even better. Going to use it on the bike.

This seems popular on the biking forums, but I know basically jack shit. Any better ideas? Budget is not limited to $25, that just happened to be the price point. Can't say that I want to spend a hundo, but if I have to and for good reason it isn't out of the questoin.

http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-218/Romisen-RC-dsh-2R4-II-R5/Detail

I have this.

http://www.4sevens.com/index.php?cPath=297_330

Mine is the double A version, and one model year prior. The current should be brighter. It's easily brighter than a 4 D maglight, and brighter with more throw than this 6 inch reflector 8 c(or D).

I purchesed them on the closing out sale and got 6 of them and gave them to family members for Xmas. Everyone mentioned that it's the birghtest light they have ever seen....

I carry a Jetbeam Jet-1 Pro every day, works fine for an everyday light, doesn't throw a big enough beam for a headlight. I think the problem would be finding one with a suitable reflector.