mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Freezing the old HDD worked. Took it out of the freezer after 3 hours, connected it to the pc and I could back-up everything from it. Currently it works just like nothing happened.

only thing that made them more powerful was the veins in the pumps were a little bigger rest of the motor stayed the same

Actually it was the fuel pin and the governor spring :P

More fuel :D

only thing that made them more powerful was the veins in the pumps were a little bigger rest of the motor stayed the same

there was no fuel pin on the 94+ models it was a fuel plate and the gov was the same only allowing it to rev i think 3,000. 96-98 the pump just had bigger veins i should no lol ive swapped the pumps on a couple motors my buddy collects the damn things has about 6 motors

only the ve motors like my white truck has fuel pins :)

and yes freezers are one of the tricks we use here to recover data from a failing drive !!

there was no fuel pin on the 94+ models it was a fuel plate and the gov was the same only allowing it to rev i think 3,000. 96-98 the pump just had bigger veins i should no lol ive swapped the pumps on a couple motors my buddy collects the damn things has about 6 motors

and yes freezers are one of the tricks we use here to recover data from a failing drive !!

Yours had a VE pump...hmm. Either way, 250hp and that much torque is awesome for such small mods.

Yours had a VE pump...hmm. Either way, 250hp and that much torque is awesome for such small mods.

yes 89-93 was VE pump with stock 160hp and 170-180 for the 89-91 because they didnt have an intercooler so the compensated with larger injectors

whats nice about the ve motors is it doesnt take much to raise the power u can gain about 80hp at the wheels just by turning a few screws :) but u can only go up to about 350-400 hp on the ve before u need to change to the bigger model thats custom made

with the 94-98 trucks all you need to do is take out the fuel plate and you can have about 280 hp at the wheels :P

Adrian, that's awesome. I wish that would have worked for my HDD when I dropped it from 5 feet while it was transferring data.

Adrian, that's awesome. I wish that would have worked for my HDD when I dropped it from 5 feet while it was transferring data.

hard drive still spin up ? if it didn't physically damage the hdd it may have just corrupted the files

Awesomely lucky...

I really wasn't looking forward to forking out money for data recovery.

I agree the Diesel is what the Ram is known for. Sadly the ones we looked at are out of my price range by a few grand.

J

ew, black smoke

diesel smoke .. its what i live for :)

myn only smoked when i wanted it to :P

Bought a boat sight unseen with a wet test acceptance upcoming....in Tempe Az.

Not opposed if someone wants to do it for me and are already there........

you know where I live ;)

you know where I live ;)

Indeed, thought about calling. Know much about wakeboard boats? Hell, I really just want to make sure everything works and that the condition description is valid. Mechanic pulled compression and it was fine.

At first that was a bit tongue and cheek, but I am seriously contemplating asking you now.

On the other hand flying down and boating in the mt's sounds fun too...

I'd be happy to check it out if you want. I don't know hardly anything about boats, but I can definitely go over it with a careful eye. Or if you have a checklist or something.

Or if you just want to fly down, it'd be awesome to grab a beer again. I know where most of the lakes in the area are.

99.9% sure I'm starting to lose my marbles...why hello thar magic bourbon sleeping pill...

On the other hand flying down and boating in the mt's sounds fun too...

If you fly down please let me know. Phoenix is about 2-3 hrs away but well worth the drive, especially to join ya for a beer or two.

J

started a new thread..

trying to take back the home audio section from kryptonitewhite.... :suicide-santa: :facepalm:

Those of us who can't help Sean, would like some pictures of the good time you guys are going to have checking the boat.