mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Is it unusual that I get no reply within 2 weeks after emailing my job application to several companies ?

I'll probably send it again, from my gmail account...

not for me!

Some friends just told me they used to wait up to a month to get a reply.

Come on JOB! I've sent my application in 8 places so far.

Got the new truck today.

Pics to come tomorrow.

J

I hope this one works out better for you J.

X2!! Seems you have been through a nightmare!!! Hope this truck is the turn-around from that!

Thanks guys a brand new truck (had 13 miles on it when I test drove it the day before yesterday) shouldn't have issues. If it does I have the extended warranty.

J

Congrats and good luck !

What did you end up getting ?

Since the monsoon is killing my ability to get pictures (damn me for doing other shit on lunch) its a 2011 Toyota Tundra quad cab. Not the biggest they offer but its damn roomy. 5.7L V8 auto tranny, 4x4 with the TRD package and backup camera. No navigation.

J

shouldn't kill an animal just because you live where it lives, and it's a bit ridiculous to think it'll know the difference between food meant for him and food meant for your dog. I was raised with a southern rule though, if you kill it you gotta eat it.

Instead of terminating another animals life you could just feed your dog once/twice daily and not leave the food out, it would keep the other animals away as well. Relocating the animal may temporarily fix it but so long as you have food/trash where an animal can get to it, they'll find a way to get to it.

I honestly would prefer not to have to do either to the poor bastard's. In my defense, the dog only get's feed twice a day and the food is suppose to be in a locked outdoor closet, BUT my daughter broke the lock. At this point I will attemp to fix the lock or move the dog's food back in the house as I agree that they will just come back anyway's.

I see both sides of this argument, but IMO the potential of rabies with this species is rather high. With domesticated animals, and children in the area it becomes a matter of mitigating your risk. Were they there first? More than likely. But they need to keep their distance.

J

I agree completely with keeping the animals away, but if anything you're much better off calling animal control if you think it's rabid, that's a whole other box of worms you don't want to shoot open :-P (and from the sounds of it it's just exhibitng normal coon behavior, rabid animals behave....rabidly

This is true if the animal is showing rabid signs they need animal control, if for no other reason than reporting it. I just know if you conduct population control it can help.

J

Is it unusual that I get no reply within 2 weeks after emailing my job application to several companies ?

I'll probably send it again, from my gmail account...

Maybe a follow up phone call may help.

We recently went to all online applications and I do not like it at all. I prefer to meet the person and ask a few questions before I even review their application or resume.

40190df3-db34-4902-94d8-7f7ec6ffaeb6.jpg

A software update coming soon to an airport security line near you will take the “naked” out of the TSA’s naked full-body scanners.

The new version of the scanner software replaces images of passengers’ actual bodies with cartoonish “generic human forms.” Scanners will still show where on the body a hidden object is located, but without the creepy-factor of the current nude-looking images.

200 electromagnetic scanners will get the software update “in the coming months,” and it will hit those controversial backscatter x-ray scanners this fall.

What the software should have been since the beginning...not that it matters to me because I'm 99% sure I'd be getting the pat down anyway...

when i came back through customs at Dulles I got my bags tossed and gone over with a fine toothed comb. Interestingly enough I could have been carrying heroin in my pockets, they didn't pat me down or make me empty my pockets or anything.

i dont' know if customs is the right word, but they were the officers between me and the USA

Got the new truck today.

Pics to come tomorrow.

J

X2!! Seems you have been through a nightmare!!! Hope this truck is the turn-around from that!

Thanks guys a brand new truck (had 13 miles on it when I test drove it the day before yesterday) shouldn't have issues. If it does I have the extended warranty.

J

Congrats and good luck !

Since the monsoon is killing my ability to get pictures (damn me for doing other shit on lunch) its a 2011 Toyota Tundra quad cab. Not the biggest they offer but its damn roomy. 5.7L V8 auto tranny, 4x4 with the TRD package and backup camera. No navigation.

J

Nice. The Tundras are pretty good trucks. They copied a good design.

Got the new truck today.

Pics to come tomorrow.

J

J

Congrats and good luck !

J

Nice. The Tundras are pretty good trucks. They copied a good design.

Thanks.........pics tomorrow.

I have always been told never to send a resume from a free email account.

I always send mine from Yahoo, but of course my yahoo account is: firstnamelastname@yahoo.com

What I wouldn't do is send it from an account like: likesbigtits@yahoo.com

my pics will come later than tomorrow

fuel sloshing away from the pick up?

also, what lake did you go to?

Lake named after the cactus. Part of the CO river system.

Saguaro Lake.

when i came back through customs at Dulles I got my bags tossed and gone over with a fine toothed comb. Interestingly enough I could have been carrying heroin in my pockets, they didn't pat me down or make me empty my pockets or anything.

Usually when you walk through the metal detector clean they don't bother with the pat downs. I've personally never flown commercial but that seems to be the case with people I know who have. Ever since my accident I've gained the ability to walk through a metal detector in my birthday suit and set it off. Not that I've gone that far to prove it...yet. I've come close though just to get into a couple of different concerts in Houston.

General Motors has announced that Chevrolet managed to sell a total of 2.35 million vehicles across 120 countries in the first half of 2011, marking the best half-year in the company's history. That figure marks an increase of 286,499 vehicles over the same period last year thanks to record sales in countries like Argentina, Brazil, Chile, China, Columbia, Denmark, Ecuador, France, South Africa and Turkey. The automaker also says that the swell is due in part to sales increases across its top five markets. Those include the U.S., Brazil, China, Russia and Canada. In other words, sales are up... pretty much everywhere.

Well isn't that special...

Sad thing is I've seen people do that. I've also seen resumes printed in purple ink.

I always send mine from Yahoo, but of course my yahoo account is: firstnamelastname@yahoo.com

I concur

What if the position was for manager at a topless bar??

J

Excellent choice Jordan!! I envy you right now. :D

Being as my house is in the middle of what was a pasture when I was growing up, I would definetly say the coon's where here first. Thankfully I am only one of their many stops and didn't get a visit last nite. I did fix the lock on the dog food so hopefully that will detur them.

I built a pad and got the hot tub set yesterday!! I shall run the power this morning before work... Come on hot tub!! :D

I like hot tubs, but this past week it's been like walking into a giant oven every time I go outside. Hell, I don't think my condensing unit has shut off for more than 10 minutes in 4 days.