mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

finally found a place locally that rents log splitters :woot:

Sounds like work.

finally found a place locally that rents log splitters :woot:

Sounds like work.

Not as much work as splitting pecan by hand...good god that shit is like iron

Maybe I'm just used to the online services provided by a Division I university, but this junior college's online services sucks ass...

doesn't help there is only one useful employee in the registrar's office

useful isn't the best term, actually...she's an excellent employee...it's just too bad there's only one of her...at least she's the supervisor...

If running at 24mph you use the supercharger and the prop to make it so that you turn 3500rpm with the s/c and 4500rpm with the n/a with the only changes being the tune and the boost wouldn't you expect the s/c application to use less gas?

24 isn't super arbitrary as it is the sweet spot for fuel economy on my hull

No because I know how hungry boosted vehicles are. Granted it may be different on water. That's a whole different animal, tune, and drag, so I may be wrong, but with a vehicle, if you are into the boost, you are using up a lot of fuel. Keep in mind you are forcing air in and compressing it where as the NA can only suck air in. The more air you have, the more fuel you need, so the blower is always going to need more fuel and a lot more.

Kinda sucks when your starting pitcher screws up his shoulder diving into home plate...

I only took a minor bump in mileage on the SHO with this s/c. Definitely was worse, just not that much but it was fun!

Oh, Ford ftw!

And that Yamaha was VERY efficient and was running wide open all the the time. What is it BTW? A Powerdyne?

If running at 24mph you use the supercharger and the prop to make it so that you turn 3500rpm with the s/c and 4500rpm with the n/a with the only changes being the tune and the boost wouldn't you expect the s/c application to use less gas?

No because I know how hungry boosted vehicles are. Granted it may be different on water. That's a whole different animal, tune, and drag, so I may be wrong, but with a vehicle, if you are into the boost, you are using up a lot of fuel. Keep in mind you are forcing air in and compressing it where as the NA can only suck air in. The more air you have, the more fuel you need, so the blower is always going to need more fuel and a lot more.

Probably asking something dumb but why does it seam that all my friends report better mileage after addind turbo to their vehicles. By all my friends I mean 2. In truth my buddy and his dad. He slapped on boost to his 5.0, and their old pickup. In both cases he claimed superior to 10% mileage. The truck more than the car however the truck was in truth not at all street legal and was only getting 7ish before the FI.

Probably asking something dumb but why does it seam that all my friends report better mileage after addind turbo to their vehicles. By all my friends I mean 2. In truth my buddy and his dad. He slapped on boost to his 5.0, and their old pickup. In both cases he claimed superior to 10% mileage. The truck more than the car however the truck was in truth not at all street legal and was only getting 7ish before the FI.

They're either full of shit or they did enough work on the exhaust to increase efficiency, along with other things. Turbos can be manipulated more though. The blower runs off the belt, so as long as that engine is turning, it will make boost. The turbo will only work under load and I'm sure you know how it works, with a turbo you have more control and can limp around like normal without ever getting into the boost, so you fuel consumption is just about the same.

That front end is HIDEOUS.

That front end is HIDEOUS.

Was thinking the same thing...

Cadillac is doing to some good work. I like this!

CadillacCielConceptReveal01-2_165100.jpg

The only thing i like on that are the seats

....Oh and he's parked on the golf green, so I'll go ahead and say that's his gold cart around the course. Now THAT would be fun.

Edited by Ryan916

I've always been under the impression that turbos are more efficient and will increase mileage (as long as the user doesn't drive any different), no parasitic loss like a super.