mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Ryan1, how would you apply mold release wax ?

Rub with a cloth, let it dry and then wipe it off with a clean cloth ?

I've never used a specific mold release wax. I have used normal car wax and I just apply a coat, let it dry, then apply several more in the same manner. Never had an issue and you can get a lot of wax at the dollar store. Make sure it's a paste though.

Excellent !

Just need to touch up a section of the mold, somehow the paint got wrinkled, the mold must have had some moisture on it on that area and then I'll get busy with wax. PVA was such a pain, hopefully wax is better.

And I've also come up with a new way to release the mold, should work without the need for leverage or hammering on the parts.

I don't know how your molds are, but I've always used bondo applicators as a wedge to pop molds out.

What's a good dark comedy?

Something along the lines of: funny people, everything must go, henry poole is here, shrink.

Cedar Rapids is somewhat of a dark comedy. Pretty good movie if you haven't seen it.

Aaron, if you want to go CHEAP on the headphones, I picked these up from PE a couple months ago since I needed $10 more for free shipping and I love them. Best $10 I've spent in quite some time.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=248-6248&FTR=248-6248

What's a good dark comedy?

Something along the lines of: funny people, everything must go, henry poole is here, shrink.

Cedar Rapids is somewhat of a dark comedy. Pretty good movie if you haven't seen it.

Ill check it out.

Aaron, if you want to go CHEAP on the headphones, I picked these up from PE a couple months ago since I needed $10 more for free shipping and I love them. Best $10 I've spent in quite some time.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=248-6248&FTR=248-6248

Look pretty decent. Was not going super cheap, but those are not bad at all. Thanks!

Of those three, I need to figure out if the 203's are enough, or if the 555's are worth the price over the 515's, or even the 448's of ebay for a good price.

Alright Team Arctic, its the hop you are supposed to post...not just read.

Lol :eek5wavey:

FCUK. Been on a conference call pretty much since 7am and have a break for 2 hours and then another for an hour. YUCK

Atleast they can not see you do this :P and this :rolleyes:

Of those three, I need to figure out if the 203's are enough, or if the 555's are worth the price over the 515's, or even the 448's of ebay for a good price.

I had the 515s before I got these Behringers. They are a little more comfortable, but IMO, not worth $60.

Anyone remember the seats in the 80s Chrysler New Yorkers? Fucking sweet.

Bring back tufted seats and you've got yourself a hot sellin car.

Alright Team Arctic, its the hop you are supposed to post...not just read.

Lol :eek5wavey:

2 days later, lol, you were in the hop reading when I typed that

FCUK. Been on a conference call pretty much since 7am and have a break for 2 hours and then another for an hour. YUCK

Atleast they can not see you do this :P and this :rolleyes:

and got stood up by Japan. New call in an hour. :Doh:

Aidan is being a turd, keeps getting up. Made the w bitch about when I travel. :(

Yeah, to the low rider crowd and not much else. That type of seat was prominent from the 80s through to mid 90s. Mostly velour as well. My Cutlass, Regal, and Caddy were all this way. The Caddy would make me fall asleep while driving.

Yeah, to the low rider crowd and not much else. That type of seat was prominent from the 80s through to mid 90s. Mostly velour as well. My Cutlass, Regal, and Caddy were all this way. The Caddy would make me fall asleep while driving.

I was being sarcastic, but yes that's who it would be likely to attract. Cleaning out a bookcase and found an old National Geographic with an ad for a late 80's New Yorker.

Fuck me, almost picked up Cobb in our rookie draft and pre-game, but figured I'd have a few weeks before Driver became a Sally and he took over. Now someone else is going to pick him up. Fuckin' saints.

And I fucking hate GB, let's go Brees Nutz

The 3rd looks the least comfortable?

Check out the freq responce on headroom

Do you need closed back? If not I have some Grado SR 225's I can send your way

so the A pillars im working on cant be wrapped in grill cloth like i planned. so instead of painting them, i thought it would cool to try flocking. anyone give it a try before? rayon vs nylon fibers?

here is the site donjer.com

color chart im thinking bisque tan should match well.

still some sanding to do yet, but you get the idea.

Those are looking good.

Why not paint some texture and then paint them to match the rest of the interior ?

That's what I plan on doing with my kickpanels.

what brand of texture paint do you recommend? im concerned that its going to take me too long to get the pods perfect enough for paint or, with a textured finish, is that not a big concern?

and for whatever reason im fucking terrible with spray paint... :trippy:

I found somebody used SEM, it was a Chrysler car, so I got lucky, didn't have to search for the exact texture :P

Ryan1, how would you apply mold release wax ?

Rub with a cloth, let it dry and then wipe it off with a clean cloth ?

I've never used a specific mold release wax. I have used normal car wax and I just apply a coat, let it dry, then apply several more in the same manner. Never had an issue and you can get a lot of wax at the dollar store. Make sure it's a paste though.

Excellent !

Just need to touch up a section of the mold, somehow the paint got wrinkled, the mold must have had some moisture on it on that area and then I'll get busy with wax. PVA was such a pain, hopefully wax is better.

And I've also come up with a new way to release the mold, should work without the need for leverage or hammering on the parts.

I don't know how your molds are, but I've always used bondo applicators as a wedge to pop molds out.

PM coming when I get home and I have pics at hand, wedge just doesn't work in my case.

Aidan is being a turd, keeps getting up. Made the w bitch about when I travel. :(

He is around that age when he is understanding more of what goes on.