mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Fuckin christ...........I have lost my cold tolerance. It was 45* at 0620 this morning.........fuck this.

J

Alright, I need suggestions or fields I should look into for college.

When I was younger I did a lot of stuff with computers, but now I'm getting sorta sick of them. I wouldn't mind using them for any field, but would rather not be on a computer 24/7.

^computer stuff being: OS installation, dual booting linux (a whole slew of different distros and gui interfaces, gnome, kde, etc), apache, mysql, php, css, html, did a little bit of visual basic in my early early days :P

web insecurities: improper coding and exploitation, IE bugs and vulnerabilities.

I'm no superstar when it comes to math, so I'm kinda sitting on the fence for engineering. Thinking electrical or mechanical.

Anything electrical / scientific always interested me. Physics would probably be cool, haven't taken a class yet though.

I'd rather be doing something interesting and somewhat enjoy the work then making absolute bank and hating my job.

I know I'm being pretty vague here, just looking for shit in the general direction of science / computer / engineering and people's thoughts. :)

maybe health physics. from talking to some health physics majors at my school, they dont use a lot of "hard math" compared to shit i do (physics major). they do a coop as part of their program so they also avoid a high level physics course like QM, etc.

a friend of mine did an internship at Geisinger, treating cancer patients, he enjoyed it but working with terminal cancer patients was, for him, depressing.

i also know several people who have done internships at PPL and Exelon Nuclear plants. General consensus was that the Techs get paid to sit around haha. i heard that Exelon has some nice perks like paying for your masters and phd.

http://www.hps.org/documents/Salary_Survey_2009.pdf

Looks like you can go a lot of different ways there, and making some good money. I'll have to do some more research, thanks for the link.

HP positions at nuke plants are a nice gig; hell any job inside the protected area of a nuke plant is generally a nice gig :D

Evidently my problem isn't an isolated issue.

I will have to check my son's. He has been playing his pretty hard.

then the don't get paid like engieers either..

In our process department you must have an ME degree. We hire many straight out of PSU main with a very high starting wage. The reason I never went that way was the job duties have changed over the years and I fit in better doing projects and managing people.

I am not sure what the average pay is, but we start them out above 65K.

I don't think it's repairable, I'll get some pics when I head off to work. Split shift for me today for some reason

there's a place in the world for the angry young man

with his working class ties and his radical plans

he refuses to bend, he refuses to crawl

he's always at home with his back to the wall

and he's proud of his scars and the battles he's lost

he struggles and bleeds as he hangs on the cross

and he likes to be known as the angry young man

Silicone, carefully, it'll work

Time to upgrade my rig... damn you Battlefield 3 :jon:

i can practically max it out :) at least the beta, didn't buy the game yet. probably getting it after the semester ends... im getting skyrim on release day though :)

2011-10-27_11-50-39_757.jpg

2011-10-27_11-50-49_49.jpg

Looks like overexcursion...

I've seen similar things on a BTL I got back from somebody. The idiot ripped the tinsels and also damaged the surround in a similar way, although next to the cone seam. He loved to play sine waves under 20Hz, just to see the speaker move....

Looks like overexcursion...

I've seen similar things on a BTL I got back from somebody. The idiot ripped the tinsels and also damaged the surround in a similar way, although next to the cone seam. He loved to play sine waves under 20Hz, just to see the speaker move....

Here we go, I know for sure this is a result of overexcursion, since my BTL sees way more power but only at the tuning frequency.

IMG_1485.jpg

I pretty much Eq'ed all of the bass out of my mids. anything ~60/65 hz is cut off.

I watched em pretty good..

Talking to drew (basshaulic) evidently this has happened to a few people he knew also.

FlYay, at the airport again land in st louis in time for the game but will just fly home instead

Damn, I'm sorry Jules :(

Emma-in-Superbad-emma-stone-6867185-853-480.jpg

Jules?

Das my name

Hello

Evening good sir.