mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I still can't get over how short the track is. I very well may have to come ride one to see what I think of the short track.

If you aren't in a foot of snow you don't need a whole lot of flotation. COMPLETELY different riding though. It isn't unusual for me to put on a couple hundred miles in a day. Instead of carving and leaning you rip through the woods scrolling around trees and jumping off every little embankment you come across.

Now that sounds like a good use of time!!!

J

Now if Ryan could get over his hate of cold, he would have a new found love of gasoline powered machines.

Never happen. I've been speeding several times and while it was thrilling, it's not thrilling enough. I prefer 4 wheeled, enclosed vehicles anyways.

Thought I'd get a piece of aluminum I could bolt to the tray holding the gas cans and have it attached to it.

resampled20111118115351.jpg

I was wondering what you did about fuel on those long trips. That thing looks like a lot of fun!

It changes perspectives that is for sure. I love seasons, but wish winter was longer.

My brother in law used to HATE winter, was going to move further South and so on. Last year I gave him a smoking deal on my old snowmobile and guess who never wants winter to leave now?

If I didn't snowboard I'd hate the winter. Too bad this year completely blew. Season ended in late February and all throughout the snow was crap.

NS12 back in stock?

They are not back in stock but solan has 2 of them left. At 450 a driver I may still look at other options first. I really need a driver with a little more thermal capability that can still reach high.

I already have the 12" Auras a step down from these. Do you have any other recommendations for 12 midbasses that reach up to atleast 500hz and are rated atleast 400 watts rms with low distortion?

Not sure you'll gain thermal with the 12 over the 10.

And IMO $450 is too much.

Thought I'd get a piece of aluminum I could bolt to the tray holding the gas cans and have it attached to it.

resampled20111118115351.jpg

I was wondering what you did about fuel on those long trips. That thing looks like a lot of fun!

ROFL, fuel on long trips. Built in 11.5gal tank and two 1.3 gal on the back allow you to go around 100mi I'd guess. My 600 Rush can go the same distance on 8gal.

The real answer is that there are tons of gas stations along the trails...bars too.

NS12 back in stock?

They are not back in stock but solan has 2 of them left. At 450 a driver I may still look at other options first. I really need a driver with a little more thermal capability that can still reach high.

I already have the 12" Auras a step down from these. Do you have any other recommendations for 12 midbasses that reach up to atleast 500hz and are rated atleast 400 watts rms with low distortion?

Not sure you'll gain thermal with the 12 over the 10.

And IMO $450 is too much.

Sorry forgot you switched it up.

Regrettably not many "sub" motors will do what you want. Perhaps you can find a pro audio midbass that will.

The real answer is that there are tons of gas stations along the trails...bars too.

Carry a little can of premix? Or?

Oh, I thought it was more remote than that. I remember you saying something like 600 miles round trip. I didn't think there would be gas stations and bars along the way.

No more back seats for me. Falls floor + sub behind me.

No more back seats for me. Falls floor + sub behind me.

When you know your still a kid.

I carry around a gallon and a half of oil. No mixing. Us rednecks use injection.

Oh, I thought it was more remote than that. I remember you saying something like 600 miles round trip. I didn't think there would be gas stations and bars along the way.

Ever been in a town of 50 people? They either have 2 things or 3. A bar, a gas station, and possibly a church. Conveniently for us, they almost all carry non-oxy gas as well :)

More like antisocial.

Or that.

I carry around a gallon and a half of oil. No mixing. Us rednecks use injection.

So the sled has another tank for the oil, and automatically pumps in the right ratio to gas? Pretty cool if so.

Ever been in a town of 50 people? They either have 2 things or 3. A bar, a gas station, and possibly a church. Conveniently for us, they almost all carry non-oxy gas as well :)

I get the idea now. I was way off.

So the sled has another tank for the oil, and automatically pumps in the right ratio to gas? Pretty cool if so.

Exactly. Not unusual to do carb, but also direct into block. All CFI/DFI have injection as well of course.

Ever been in a town of 50 people? They either have 2 things or 3. A bar, a gas station, and possibly a church. Conveniently for us, they almost all carry non-oxy gas as well smile.png

I get the idea now. I was way off.

And if you've ever travelled in the Wisconsin woods you'll realize there is a bar every 5 miles or so. :) Many of these are even "resorts" which mean they have food, cabin's, and usually non-oxy gas.

We have WAY less bars in MN, but plenty of places to get to. My last trip it was 40mi between gas stops, but that is about the longest you "need" to go in the state. Varying further from that trail is usually better though. I am conservative, but stop at 100mi just to make sure I get there. There is the other saying as well though, never pass gas.

I've got to try that out one day. Other than the cold that sounds bad ass.

Is there a 4 wheeler equivalent of that anywhere?

Glowing dinoflagellates?

Edited by stefanhinote

Cephalopods, actually. They're called firefly squid.