mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Curious why no one rec'd this yet.

Crescendo Audio C1100.4 - 300 watts x 4 channel Concerto Series Amplifier

I am currently using this. Good strong amp.

He was being sarcasticmamoru-tehe.gif

Sarcasms always so easy to detect on the internet.

Just got done reading a depressing story, and then writing about it.

Now it's time to write about the principles and elements of design in some paintings.

For anyone interested in "Starting Strength" 2nd edition basic barbell training, I know a little birdie who has it. :ninja:

Curious why no one rec'd this yet.

Crescendo Audio C1100.4 - 300 watts x 4 channel Concerto Series Amplifier

I am currently using this. Good strong amp.

He was being sarcasticmamoru-tehe.gif

Sarcasms always so easy to detect on the internet.

Fuck you.

So... I want to put some car audio speakers in my house, and run them off a car audio amp. So I should get a car battery for powering, and use a car charger for charging? adhd.gif

I also got a new crack pipe--works great.

UMm i cant get into the chat! I have a 1000 word essay on a genocide due today, a fakebook assignment some chemistry HW. Also anybody want an iPod touch 4g 145 shipped!

Wonder if the Cadence sub control will work as a volume control for the whole amp if used full range. I'd love to just completely forego the headunit and have three volume only knobs and the processor doing the rest of the work. Then no one could fuck anything up.

remote on the cadence is only the 3/4 channels

if you went with the minidsp you can control it with a knobby http://www.minidsp.c...ol-pot?sef=hcfp

Edited by lithium

Probably have to go mini-dsp to rotary volume knobs. That way I still have a master and slaves.

cadence vegas - 450 x 2 bridged.

http://www.ebay.com/...2#ht_4903wt_954

actually i was going to recommend a cadence zrs 3002. 1000 x 1 @ 4ohm. i picked one up for $160 as a refurb from cadence's ebay store but i dont see any close to that price. 4 of them would be overkill i think.

Any idea how they are heat sinked? Only reason I ask is that the Cerwin Vega version of the Arc amps don't fare so well in boat environments due to the heat. I "could" mount them in a different orientation and use a fan but then I have no access to the connections without a bunch of bs time building a flip down something or other to hold them.

not sure.

are you saying the cadence amp is a rebranded arc amp just like the cerwin vega's?

My only knock on the minidsp is price. I don't need control as this is more or less a set it and forget it and can of course be dinked with while parked anyways. MOST of the time this stereo will be used with the alternator not spinning.

could you get away with only using 2 of the 2x4 models?

No, saying the CW application of the heatsink was terrible for marine audio which has me worried about other non-real amps.

And yes, I am saying it's a knockoff. Not sure on what, don't care, but am pretty positive they aren't designing that. :P

Also say that part doesn't matter to me, just the capability and heat transfer. Once mounted I'll hopefully never ever see them nor will anyone else. That of course means no pics either, but boats are too recognizable for that to happen. Obviously posted in a place that doesn't exist is another story ;P

Fuck me. Don't we have somone up in Grand Rapids?

Don't know the context of your problem, but I believe Sean DeYoung & MacNCheese are both in the Grand rapids area. Or were at one point.

No, saying the CW application of the heatsink was terrible for marine audio which has me worried about other non-real amps.

gotcha, seems like this amp might be too cheap for what your intending to use it for.

as someone who buys cheap amps i've never looked into who's designing what.

Edited by lithium

Don't know the context of your problem, but I believe Sean DeYoung & MacNCheese are both in the Grand rapids area. Or were at one point.

Thought they were further East near Jackson.

Thought they were further East near Jackson.

holy crap can't tell the difference between west and east today...

I felt like one of them lived in Grand Rapids.. but I feel as if you would know better than I.

Edited by Frostedflakejake

I haven't bought anything from him, but from his free pdfs, and constant new posts you should be fine without it.

I'd work on reducing grains (or completely remove if your alright without it), dairy is okay, some people cut it out, others still use it. Fruit is fine, but I still wouldn't eat a TON of it.

Saturated fat is fine, cholesterol is fine, but I wouldn't eat anything processed, or with polyunsaturated fat, hydrogenated, or high-fructose-corn-syrup.

Start using coconut oil, butter, olive oil for cooking instead of canola.

Get her a chin up bar that goes between a doorway. Cost less then $50 and it'll do more good then dumb bells.

She can also do plank, reverse plank, hollow hold, superman hold, and tuck planche progressions. Those can be done on the ground, and nothing is needed, all static body weight holds.

We will be quitting grains because it forces us to eat something better for ourselves. Sean is right, after the first week it wasn't really a problem for me.

Really, the more important part to me is her workout. I really need to get her something that she can do and stick to and she honestly leaves something that gives her no choice but to do it tongue.png

Why cut out the grains? One of the best things in life is real bread and all the anti-carb anti-grain propaganda I hold very little faith in. Just make them good grains.

I'm not against it, and I freaking love bread and fresh tortillas, but cutting out grains and sugar in drinks (only fruit juices occasionally) is a very easy way to force my gf and I to attempt other foods. It kind of goes along the theory of your eat nothing twice diet. Because we can eat grains we are forced to develop tasty alternatives.

Also, not all of us are blessed to have a Vitamix and a market that sells grain :P

Full range, 500w x2 at 4 ohms. Used. Older & cheaper the better. Serious heatsinks and not opposed to fans. Efficiency wouldn't suck, but will be the compromise. Mono (1000w x1 at 2ohm is okay as well) as is 250w x4 at 8ohms.

My brain fucking shut off. So far I've got:

Zapco 1000.4

And yes, I'd compromise on less power if it's in the ball park.

And I'd prefer two of them..but one half of the 4 channels needs to be bridgeable.

What about 2 750.2's ?

I don't really want to run four amps....

Perhaps I should have said, I need:

Mids: 500w x2 (4ohms) or 250 x4 at or 1000w 1 at 2ohm

Tweeters: 50w x1 at 4

Coaxes: >100w x2 at 2

Sub: >500w at whatever

ROFL. Two 1000.4's would have been perfect. sad.png

You should have bought those, it's not something to pass up tongue.png

I'd actually rather have the non-DC versions...otherwise I would have.

I'm actually looking for an old AG350 now, since I suspect 75w @ 4 ohms will not be enough for the Extremis

Who is this guy?

http://www.caraudioc...100-1-bnib.html

And what's with the I can "guarantee" has someone been making Zap knock-off's?

I suspect the whole deal is with buying from authorized / non-authorized dealers. I have seem knock-offs but not branded as Zapco.

I lost two 9887's on Ebay now, both by only 3 bucks.

On another note I scored a 75.2 RF oldschool punch for tweeter duty, with end caps!!

I was burning a field yesterday and had everything working great. Then the neighbor without a permit decided to start his weeds bc we were burning. Needless to say the neighbor was not prepared and ended up calling 911. We kinda got a win win out of the deal bc the fire department put out the hot spots on the edges of our field.