mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

At work tonight about to kick some ass on this thesis. I have a meeting in the morning at 10am. I will have a bad ass thesis by then even if I don't sleep

And honestly, has the h0p ever lead someone wrong in the interest of good food?

No sir!

When I'm gone my dog looses his shit. Freaks out bad. He has patience for my wife but watches the garage all day.

dog-thought-you-were-never-coming-home.jpg

I always tell people that the BGE rocks. One day I was telling my cousin about it and my girlfriend looked at me and asked, "Have you ever actually used a BGE?" I lied to her that day. tongue.png

I've been in that position once before. :P

So tonight I cooked a choice strip using my normal cast iron sear. I still got a little char even though I felt like I kept the heat down and I used a pre-melted butter coating and did ~1min per side.

However, I finished it in the oven at 300°F and I don't think I need to finish it any other way again. I let it get to 120°F and pulled it out of the oven. It rose exactly 5° in the 5 minutes I let it sit. The transition from the sear to the meat was very minimal and looked awesome. it didn't look under cooked and it was extremely tender.

depends on your definition of "good" food I suppose

It honestly doesn't take a lot to make me happy, food wise. Culver's, Five Guys, SmashBurger, and Fuddrucker's are prime examples.

Edited by Penguin4x4

yup, the explosive gas monitor alarm works

It honestly doesn't take a lot to make me happy, food wise. Culver's, Five Guys, SmashBurger, and Fuddrucker's are prime examples.

If your ever in College Station head over to Grub Burger Bar. Freaking delicious hamburgers

You should also hit me up if your in College Station too.

I try to avoid the Bryan/College Station area...I seem to attract the biggest (sometimes literally) assholes up there...

So tonight I cooked a choice strip using my normal cast iron sear. I still got a little char even though I felt like I kept the heat down and I used a pre-melted butter coating and did ~1min per side.

However, I finished it in the oven at 300°F and I don't think I need to finish it any other way again. I let it get to 120°F and pulled it out of the oven. It rose exactly 5° in the 5 minutes I let it sit. The transition from the sear to the meat was very minimal and looked awesome. it didn't look under cooked and it was extremely tender.

Now take it out before 120. Mine usually comes out somewhere near 105, lol

Now take it out before 120. Mine usually comes out somewhere near 105, lol

Dang, it was 96* in the center when I put it in the oven.

I try to avoid the Bryan/College Station area...I seem to attract the biggest (sometimes literally) assholes up there...

Meh, there are some ridiculous Ags but luckily most of them only practice as internet jockies on TexAgs.

Back down to 63 pages. I found a way to compress some figures so that 2 will fit on 1 page. On per page just looked bad.

Back up to 69 and I am done for the night. Off to the 24 taco joint.

Didn't realize I was leaving work the same time everyone else was leaving the bar... No fast food taco for me.